I Like Ted Cruz For Wednesday Debate

From the start, Cruz and his political brain trust have divided the 2016 primary into four clear lanes: a moderate-establishment lane, in which he would not compete; a tea party lane, which he needed to dominate; an evangelical lane, where he had strong potential but little initial traction; and a libertarian lane, which began as the turf of Rand Paul.

“The players that were expected to be formidable in those lanes have not got the traction they had hoped,” Cruz said. “The most encouraging thing I would say is that I think three of the lanes are collapsing into one, which is the evangelical lane, the conservative tea party lane, and the libertarian lane are all collapsing into the conservative lane and we’re seeing those lanes unify behind our campaign.”

On this point, Cruz and the Republican establishment that hates him seem to agree. Cruz has yet to pop in the national and early-state polls but his foes and allies alike say he is poised to break through.

Image for post I Like Ted Cruz For Wednesday Debate
9% I Like Cruz Too! 0% Oh Jeez, Follow The Constitution? How Dumb Is That? 91% Other
Budwicks avatar Politics
0 20
@2138972

Is it safe to assume that Rand Paul gets your support?

@2139805

Don't keep me in suspense. Who are you leaning toward?

@2140365

Note to self: 'Don't take future political comments from Glispix seriously.'

Got it! Thanks.

@2138459

Foes? He's got plenty besides democrats, there's the republican establishment. Boehner for example hates him. That also explains why Bush's support won't easily switch to Cruz.
Yeah, the independent vote. The one that's simply not sure if he wants freedom or tyranny - I can never figure that out. I know there are independents, I don't know why you are so quick to write them off for Cruz? Or do the dems have a new buy an independent vote program I don't know about?

Yeah, he's an American citizen, born in Canada. Trump is gonna look stupid more stupid if he tries going down that road.

I like Cruz, and really glad he's my senator.

Cruz is the least impressive on stage tonight.

@2138359

What Cruz does in his private time is none of our business! I don't care if he master debates or not.

@2138359

His message of conservatism will scare the pants off big government lovers, that is for sure.

@2138486

Creepy smile - Cold stare.
Come on Chuck is that the kind of thing we vote for these days? We've had our first black president for goodness sakes. Certainly we can see further than...

OK, I get it.