Would you eat roadkill?

Sukiesnows avatar Food & Drink
6 53

A hotel in the States is planning to offer roadkill on their menu...

I read a book (Carl Haaisen) where one of the characters was always eating roadkill...made it sound good, too.

Of course one has to be discerning...it is at least something that has already died by accident...recycling at it's finest?

@Sukiesnow A hotel in the States is planning to offer roadkill on their menu... I read a book (Carl Haaisen) where one of the...

First thing I thought of when I saw the question! That would be Clinton Tyree a.k.a. Skink, a former governor of Florida and pretty cool character. :)

Despises people who trash the environment for profit or out of indifference, and people who kill animals for anything other than survival..........

@Sukiesnow Yep! You got it!! Great books...

I enjoy his writing in general, and the books are goofy, fun reading....... smile smilie

@Piper2 I enjoy his writing in general, and the books are goofy, fun reading.......

There is another author who writes in a similar vein...if I remember his name I'll tell you...

Author Tim Dorsey...writes in a similar vein that Carl Haaisen does and is also hilarious...good for re-reading....

@Sukiesnow Author Tim Dorsey...writes in a similar vein that Carl Haaisen does and is also hilarious...good for re-reading....

Thank you, maybe I'll check him out. Sounds like Florida Roadkill would be the one try first. :)

I figure I probably would, if I were very, very hungry. If I had nothing else to eat that wasn't an animal, I'd prefer that to killing something.

Ewwwww no I am a vegan

@2140792

No kidding. Just the very thought repulses me.

@2140798

I would have to be starving and a little raving mad, before I would say yes to that question.

@2140807

Of course, which proves my point. Nobody in that situation came out mentally in tacked.

@2140806

Full of diseases.

@2140911

At it decays.

@2140923

That's why it's important that you visit your near by grocery store every now and then.

@2141002

It's called stocking your freezer with meat.

@2140921

How do you know how long it has been there?

@2140930

How do you know how long?? You mean you personally hit the deer?

@2140980

Gross.

Oh well, to each his/her own.

At a steak house in my neighborhood has Roadkill on their menu....of course it's just a hamburger in gravy. lol But it's pretty good.

@dru18 Hi BB!

Back at ya'! How are ya? They were just saying on the local news about it being Nat'l Cat Day, and showed some pics of some really cute, sweet kitties.

Hope things are going well for ya'.

@beachbum Back at ya'! How are ya? They were just saying on the local news about it being Nat'l Cat Day, and showed some...

It's okay. I am in the mist of buying a house, so there is a lot of tension.

I hope life is treating you well my friend.

So kitty cats have their own day?! About time!!

@dru18 LOL! I like your attitude!

Thnx - I'd rather be a positive person than to tell you that it will all go to hell in a hand basket - that doesn't help you or me, and that'd make me a miserable old grump - I choose to not do that.

probably.not.

Probably not. Lol.

Nope, not in a million years.