-12

Online life is NOT real life. Amirite?

Sukiesnows avatar Internet & Apps
9 69
The voters have decided that Sukiesnow is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Pfff!.. Real life,isn't real life..

@2142686

If he does call for it,he can get breakfast anytime now..

@DandyDon Pfff!.. Real life,isn't real life..

What do you mean...? And I know you mean something by that...give it up...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply
@DandyDon It is,what you make it...

Yes. It's been a learning positive growth experience being on Sodahead and Amirite.

But on your deathbed how much of that ''value'' that you put on people online show up at your hospital door?

Remember when Tudie passed on SodaHead...there was so much emotion 'cause there is no way online that we can ever pass on our message completely...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2142689

I'm there!

@Sukiesnow Yes. It's been a learning positive growth experience being on Sodahead and Amirite. But on your deathbed how much...

You never know just exactly what you might be thinking when your candle is going dim.

If it's about someone online and it eases you,that's pretty much all that matters..

I would like to think if i was ever considered to be someone's fading memory,it helped eased them.

That would pass on my message..

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! It is extremely sad some people get all upset with people in places they will never know in the real world. Please people go into the real world to live and enjoy life. Online is like a cartoon amusing but absolutely just illusion..

It can be fun...hey...the arguments can be real...so can the flirting...but it still doesn't really effect someone where it counts...in real life....

That's ridiculous. The pervasiveness of technology in all domains of life alone shows how thoroughly conjoined "real" and "online" moments are. Even if you claim that what you do online doesn't affect your "real" life, which I'm calling bullshit on, the time you're spending online instead of in "real" life affects your "real" life.

That's very true.

People can form great relationships on line, but it's nothing compared to real life. People need to go into the real world to live and enjoy life. Online relationships are just a fantasy and I feel sorry for those who believe that they have found true love on a web site.

@Sukiesnow It happens...though...

That's taking a big chance and some have ended in dire results. You can't know a person by just words, it's best to date in real life and really get to know someone....just my opinion, though.

Yes and no. It is a part of our lives. How much of it crosses over into our offline time is up to the individual. Some of what we do online may have a very real effect on our "real" lives, such as work and school. Some of it may be related to other interests we indulge offline. And I have made some very good friends that I interact with offline as well as online.

@2142604

Lucky you. No crossover here...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2142653

True. Absolutely terrified.

@2142653

I have met many people from on line. It is safe as long as you meet at a safe public location. Only crazy persons invite online friends to come into their house for the first meeting. Even guys must be careful. A buddy of mine invited a woman he met she was a nut and was found walking around his house late one night ewww..

Real Life is alive, 1 to 1, head-on contact. Technology is more illusion than Real Life. And, yet, I still participate.

True, but a hard lesson to learn at times.

SawyerRoses avatar SawyerRose Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2142654

lol but right on...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2142666

If too much value is placed on connections online it signifies a person might be easily deluded....

@2142680

True. But these days there is an overlap of RL and OL...People in RL are becoming more isolated due to the emergence of the internet...maybe...maybe not...

Perhaps we've become more picky in our liking of people...and the internet extends our ability to develop kindred spirits or at least makes it feel more safe to make that move of putting our foot into the water...

Yes it is

Trishs avatar Trish No Way 0Reply
@Trish Yes it is

It is if you meet the people online in Real life. How else?

Nope, but I still like to get online. :)

Anonymous