When looking for a job, how to you search for the jobs you are looking for in the first place? Do you look on the internet, local newspapers, job fairs, or where else do you look? Specially, when you have a physical disability, like myself.

Image for post When looking for a job, how to you search for the jobs you are looking for in the first place? Do you look on the internet, local newspapers, job fairs, or where else do you look? Specially, when you have a physical disability, like myself.
65% The Internet 0% Local Newspapers 10% Job Fairs 25% Other
EternalSailorSols avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
5 14
@2145099

I live in Canada, where things are going downhill again!

Would the site work for outsiders, like myself?

I have done all of them in my career, but without a doubt, the best way is through networking. The internet is convenient for the applicant, but it is also convenient for the HR department to say no without an interview.

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor The Internet +2Reply

All the above.

Most people use the internet. But have your 'sume updated of course and saved in different software programmes.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow The Internet +2Reply

Good enough for my jobs. I don't think a regular money seeking person can find good work on the internet.

@2189506

To SID. I would suggest to you that you take this off work time to improve your writing skills and attitude. I don't mean to be cruel. I just know your written application is going to be the first impression any potential employer will see. You sound so angry Please try to be cheerful and get SSI disability so you won't need to look for a job as much.. There are usually some places that help disabled people find work. I used to be a job coach. With that I went to work each day with a young lady who could not speak well. After she got in trained and comfortable she found ways to get around it. She was training to be a maid. All she had to do really was learn how to knock on doors to announce maid service. So she got her job and kept it. Then I worked with a guy who had been shot in the head and couldn't remember things very well. I taught him to work the job by making a note and doing his tasks one by one then checking it off. I wish the asker had said what his disability is, I bet I could help him find something to do.

@2207175

he thinks that I am disabled ha ha haa :)