+2

Ew, why are people on youtube able to moderate replies to their own comments? Like I can post an opinion on some random video and if people reply I can just delete the ones I don't like. I don't think anyone should have the power to silence other commenters like that. If you feel that your opinion is important enough to share with everyone else, you shouldn't be able to silence others who may disagree with what you said. The only time something like that should be allowed is if you're moderating replies to your own video. If you're on someone else's video commenting, you shouldn't be able to delete anyone's comment, that's dumb.

I replied to someone's comment they made on a video disagreeing with what they said. They just deleted it to make it seem like no one disagreed with them.

Fugiamas avatar Language
0 6

I agree but I think the first mistake is commenting on YouTube to begin with. YouTube commenting has been shitty for years for various different reasons. I just refrain from doing it if at all possible.

Have you seen the comments users post on YouTube? There's nothing but trolls on that site. I don't blame people for disabling their comments. Most people on YouTube are a bunch of kids who post whatever they want because of how anonymous YouTube is and parents don't watch what their kids write online. I too disable my posts on YouTube. If sites such as Facebook and Amirite had the option to disable comments I probably wouldn't use it since people are a lot more cautious with what they write, but YouTube is a different story. Too many trolls on there who like to start mess.

cali93s avatar cali93 Disagree 0Reply
@cali93 Have you seen the comments users post on YouTube? There's nothing but trolls on that site. I don't blame people for...

That's not what I'm talking about though. You can delete peoples replies individually on someone else's video. You can literally comment on a video that doesn't belong to you, and if someone replies to your comment in disagreement, you can press a little x and remove it.

@Fugiama That's not what I'm talking about though. You can delete peoples replies individually on someone else's video. You...

I still think people have the right to delete replies because the people who reply are usually trolls.

cali93s avatar cali93 Disagree +1Reply
@cali93 I still think people have the right to delete replies because the people who reply are usually trolls.

Nah, only the video poster should be able to delete comments on their own video. Imagine if you could delete my comment right now on this very discussion, simply because you disagree with it. That's what people have been using it for. Troll or not, people should not be able to delete comments on a video that isn't even theirs.