+14

If you have the money and have the heart to donate to a charity this holiday season, make sure the charity actually is a real one and also make sure that they use the money for what the charity is supposed to be about, in the first place.

Image for post If you have the money and have the heart to donate to a charity this holiday season, make sure the charity actually  is a real one and also make sure that they use the money for what the charity is supposed to be about, in the first place.
EternalSailorSols avatar Life
7 9

I try to donate to local foodbanks, families in the community I know are in need, Toys for Tots, and local organizations that benefit homeless veterans. Donating locally is an easy way for me to make sure my donation goes where it's supposed to.

Yes. Don't donate to the United Way. Do Humane Societies or Ferret Associations near you. They hardly get any help.

I give to charities and shelters I know well.

Oh I only donate to St. Jude Children Hospital. It was my dad's favorite charity & after he passed I took over donating in his memory.