Do You Suffer From White Privilege?

This white privilege baloney is coming up again. (Obama must be up to no good again) I think it's a load of Hooey. What do you think?

Image for post Do You Suffer From White Privilege?
22% No, I realize it's all a myth perpetuated by those who hate white people - Like Obama! 6% Yes, I've heard about it so many times, it must be real! 72% Other
Budwicks avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
2 31
@2153775

So, I'm guessing that your answer is Yes, you do suffer from white privilege.

You never did mention any white people I know in New Hampshire or around the country.

Something inside is telling me your story about your friends Fox-addicted husband is a load of crapola.

I challenge anyone of any race to to answer honestly, who do you hear using offensive, racist language most often. (Be sure to include entertainers! - You know, role models)

When is the last time you heard that rhyme JMP?

No, no one is surprised to learn that I'm white after only talking on the phone. That's because I sound white. I haven't a clue why black people have the accent or whatever it is that they have. I KNOW they don't have to. If they don't like the way they talk - how is that my fault?

No, my kids don't get labeled thugs, low life, or gangsters just because of the way they dress or act. Because they don't dress or act like thugs, low life or gangsters.

No, no one has questioned why I got a job for any reason. There's never been any special programs that would promote me over another person into a position because I am white, so there's never been a reason to question it. Funny, this very thing is something conservatives were concerned about when affirmative action was in full swing. You know, that black people would still suffer feeling 2nd place, knowing the rules were changed to favor them. Now, it comes back to bite whites in the ass as white privilege. Nice try - i ain't buying it.

I actually HAVE suffered Christian Persecution - not just my great great grandparents - but me. And there's people trying to say that the holocaust never happened. No one has had the balls to tell me to get over 9/11.

No, I don't worry about my skin color. But to be fair, I don't concern myself with yours either.

You've been sold a load of horse manure JMP. Return it and get your self esteem returned.

@Budwick So, I'm guessing that your answer is Yes, you do suffer from white privilege. You never did mention any white...

Budwick, being from NH I can fully attest that I'm dead sure it went down just like JMP said. It's common parlance here, in the land of the John Birch Society and Lyndon Larouche.

@SugarSkul Budwick, being from NH I can fully attest that I'm dead sure it went down just like JMP said. It's common parlance...

JMP wasn't very specific. All the people he knows are racists - do you know everyone that he knows?
If he only knows racists, I guess I'm not surprised they use disgusting language.

@Budwick JMP wasn't very specific. All the people he knows are racists - do you know everyone that he knows? If he only...

" All the people he knows are racists - do you know everyone that he knows?"

Do you to be able to make that statement?

@SugarSkul " All the people he knows are racists - do you know everyone that he knows?" Do you to be able to make that statement?

Simply read JMP's opening statement about all the white people he knows in NH to know they are racists. I don't need to know them if I take JMP at his word.

@2154355

I never denied that racism exists. It likely always will. May I remind you that racism goes both ways. And, that neither equated to white privilege.

You want carry a load of guilt for being white? Be my guest. I don't share your feelings on that topic.

@2155182

No, I understand perfectly. You've been coerced to believe there's something wrong with you because you're white. That because of your being white you are somehow skating through life more easily than non-whites.

I never bought that line of baloney.

Have a nice day.

@2153688

Too bad for them. And, good for you!

Ih...no. Not white....

I wouldn't say that I "suffered". biggrin smilie

No. No. No.

I do not 'suffer' from it, but it is real. Western civilization was built by Whites. It is not surprising to have Whiteness ingrained in so many aspects of our culture, and yes, that minorities have disadvantages. It follows that there is Asian privilege in Asian countries, and Black privilege in Black countries.

The greatest force for progress in the world is a confident, White society. Frankly, the problem is not that 'White privilege' exists, but that it is diminishing.

Guess not, I don't know what it is.

When day I turn the TV on and see an ad for a white collage fund on the white entertainment channel during white history month, then I'll think about it.

Colonel_Forbins avatar Colonel_Forbin No, I realize it's all a myth perpetuated by... -1Reply

I think there is a link between greater privilege and greater expectation, but that's just me...

No such thing.

there is no white privilege. everyone has equal oportunity, if they had the mind to persue it. black white asian, woman, man, does nto matter. all have the oportunity. problem is, liberals want to have the same status as those on the top, but without having to do the work to get there

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse No, I realize it's all a myth perpetuated by... -5Reply
@Anonymousmouse there is no white privilege. everyone has equal oportunity, if they had the mind to persue it. black white asian...

I sometimes sit for hours at the welfare office waiting to see someone about why my check was late. I was once made late for an abortion appointment. So, don't be telling me that I don't work for my money.

@remy4phaet I sometimes sit for hours at the welfare office waiting to see someone about why my check was late. I was once...

why would welfare know why your check from where you work was late? getting a wellfare check is NOT work

maybe if your spent those hours looking for a job you would be actually working

@remy4phaet I sometimes work for cash out off dirty motel rooms to help pay for my vodka and cigarettes.

well thats your own darn fault. not mine or any other white person on earth's fault.

although I am pretty sure now that you are just a:

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse No, I realize it's all a myth perpetuated by... -1Reply