-9

I agree with Donald Trump about saying Merry Christmas...Happy Holidays sounds more like something you'd say to someone going on vacation in July....

Sukiesnows avatar Holidays & Birthdays
7 36
@2155056

Thank you for commenting.

@2155018

People say Happy Holidays since they have been guilted into it...made to feel bad about it...

@2155018

because you want your precious time for everyone to bow to your atheist demands

I'm atheist, but I still say Merry Christmas, Happy holidays sounds so out of place.

@2154945

That's why we also say "Happy New Year".

Agree, Unless you are from a different religion

Why would I as a nonChristian wish a stranger, or my other nonChristian friends Merry Christmas? It's all good for Christians, but you aren't the only folks out there...and the rest of us celebrate this time of year as well. I don't agree with Mr. Trump on very much, if anything.

SugarSkuls avatar SugarSkul Disagree +2Reply

This is OUR country. You were born here or you moved here...you bend to saying Merry Christmas! Just like we would bend if we were in your country...

@2155081

Of course. But even non-Christians sometimes celebrate Christmas... I mean they have to know it's going on...

And as I said above: I have Jewish friends and if I wish them Happy Chanukah it's only right they should wish me a Merry Christmas.

@2155131

Yes...that's true! I get somewhat annoyed when people wish me Happy Holidays...and I quickly respond with Merry Christmas!

@2155081

But we live in the West. Christianity is a part of our culture.

@Sukiesnow This is OUR country. You were born here or you moved here...you bend to saying Merry Christmas! Just like we...

About 30% of the US population is not Christian. Saying Happy Holidays seems like a better way to wish people well.

@Sukiesnow I'm not Christian and I don't mind.

I'm not Christian and I don't mind when someone tells me "Merry Christian". I gladly accept all well wishes.

@PhilboydStudge I'm not Christian and I don't mind when someone tells me "Merry Christian". I gladly accept all well wishes.

But i hear what you're saying. I have friends of the Jewish faith. If I wish them Happy Chanukah...then they should respect the fact that I celebrate Christmas and wish me Merry Christmas...it works both ways.

@Sukiesnow But i hear what you're saying. I have friends of the Jewish faith. If I wish them Happy Chanukah...then they should...

If you don't mind me asking, how do you, as a non-Christian, celebrate Christmas?

Me personally, I get a tree, open gifts with the family on Christmas morning, hand out with family and friends, etc... These things have little to do with the birth of Jesus.

@PhilboydStudge If you don't mind me asking, how do you, as a non-Christian, celebrate Christmas? Me personally, I get a tree...

We did when I was a kid...I was forced into it by my growing up experience and Christmas was just one thing I carried with me...I do pretty much what you do...

OH? The US belongs to Christians you say? And, uh...the rest of us...2nd class citizens? Nonexistent? What???

SugarSkuls avatar SugarSkul Disagree +3Reply
@2155020

Native Canadians...they seem to celebrate Christmas now, too. lol.

I LOVE Donald Trump.

If you hate hearing 'Merry Christmas' then you might be living in the wrong country.

Store says merry christmas "COMMERCIALIZATION OF CHRISTMAS!" Store says Happy holidays "WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!" I'm tired of these fuckin culture wars all culture warriors must die

There is nothing wrong with saying either one. Offense is a thing which is taken by choice.

Agreed.

anytime someone says happy holidays i think, which holiday, summer? easter? family day? etc etc.

Oh I will say either one.