-17

Stores should be closed on federal holidays and Sundays, amirite?

I believe that no stores should be open on federal holidaya or Sundays.

StephenBs avatar Holidays & Birthdays
4 36
The voters have decided that StephenB is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think they should. But now you can't even get them to close on religious holidays like Easter. Just plain greed.

@2166819

Not to mention that people have to earn a damned living...

@2166819

Oh, BS on that one! Their greed is to their greed, plain and simple. If you really ran out of something or forgot to buy it, you went to a convenient store or you did without. And nobody died from the inconvenience.

Thanksgiving is THIS country's holiday, and Easter is a religious one. Sorry, but the stores should be closed.

@2169037

I know that, but the last time I looked, Christianity was still leading. And if your logic is right then where does that place Christmas?

@2169049

Not any department or grocery stores that I know of. And we are talking about stores.

@2169062

It's not and at one time not too long ago, they weren't open. But then they were and on and on it went.

@2169072

Depends on the area, I guess. I don't know if they are open in places like Pennsylvania or Boston. Not all states moved at the same beat. In the nineties, stores were closed in Boston on Sundays.

There is no reason they have to be open. They have hours right up to Christmas Eve. A few days home a year for their employees and their families is not going to kill bushiness.

@2169187

It's my opinion and one that many people hold. Wars have been fought and stopped on less than that. Young people with their opinions are what helped stop Vietnam along with other factors.

@dru18 Oh, BS on that one! Their greed is to their greed, plain and simple. If you really ran out of something or forgot...

I believe people have become used to getting things when they want. In the past employees were glad to work the off days to earn extra cash, seems now they only want to get time off. Think of retail as a dairy farm, it needs to be done every day or you force people to go elsewhere. A good reason on line sellers are doing better than local stores.

Federal holidays yes. Sundays no.

It's not good business sense

Not everyone goes to church on Sunday.. And I want people to take my fuckin money

Just federal holidays, assuming I lived in the USA.

In Canada, where I live, most federal holidays.

I agree that stores should be closed on federal holidays and Sundays.

StephenBs avatar StephenB Yeah You Are -1Reply