"Flagged" and "Reported". Why are these two words hated as much as they are?

TheCensoredBrits avatar
2 44
@2181265

Hi Tiffanee. How do you feel about someone saying you sent nude pictures of yourself to them? Clearly, it's a lie....but how would you feel?

Never understood the 'flagged and reported'...as if the mods have the time to pay attention...

Another incendiary post, meant to start fights. I guess that's what this poster likes to do.

@

OMG, I am not even Caucasian you idiot.

Oh goody..a blast from the past. Because people have often used the "flag" and "report" option as a tactic to try and get rid of people they simply dislike, for one thing.
As much as I personally dislike censorship in general, I have definitely seen content here that did warrant being flagged.

@dru18 Yes, from two of your friends.

I do doubt there has ever been a time here, when "everyone" would agree on what warrants being flagged..except maybe that "porn" guy.

@dru18 And that is the best answer that I have read on this post.

Your former reply is different, from the one I responded to. Not cool, Dru.

I have never been quiet , about my own opposition to vindictive sort of "reporting" other users. I have idea at all, what "two friends" of mine you might be referring to. It would of course be a bad idea also, for you to expound on that speculation/accusation.

@Piper2 Your former reply is different, from the one I responded to. Not cool, Dru. I have never been quiet , about...

WTF are you rambling on about?! I throw you a bone and get snapped at for my effort.

Why the hell did you even respond in such a rational manner to that reply if it riled you up so much?

Yeah, the two people I was speaking of are liars. If they also happen to be your friends then that is your problem- not mine.

I'm out.

I wasn't aware they were hated at all!

Because some folks can dish it out, but they can't take it. The first time anyone says someone else send them nude pictures, you KNOW they're full of shit. Some folks ask others to lie for them and tell people they are a man when they are in FACT NOT a man. Then they tell lie after lie about someone and the truth starts showing. i told Dru to leave it and this would all go away. If not, it proves she loves the drama. And she didn't stop it, so hey, all's fair, right? Game on!

@AidanDonnelly2 Because some folks can dish it out, but they can't take it. The first time anyone says someone else send them nude...

You sending nude shots of yourself?-- God, I hope not! I suggest you take that subject up with all of the conservative men from Soda Head.

Oh, and by the way, I am not Caucasian,... sorry if that revelation ruins the photo.

@2182141

Very nice indeed😊

Benji, the day I jump to your command is the day hell freezes over.

Yes, it is censorship, and I don't believe in adults censoring other adults. You just flagged and reported me over a conversation that didn't even involve you. It was between myself and another person, and that person didn't even mind. Just you!

And I seriously doubt, if it were your friends, saying rude personal remarks, that we would even be having this discussion.

Keep on Benji, for it will backfire on you. It always does.

@dru18 Benji, the day I jump to your command is the day hell freezes over. Yes, it is censorship, and I don't believe in...

Will it though? The stuff you're writing breaks the rules Dru. I have a feeling that the only person it will backfire for is you.

And what you believe is irrelevant. You are on a site where rules are there and they apply to everyone. Hell, I am sure that if you reported some of the stuff I put up, then action would be taken. The difference is that I won't bitch and moan if someone does decide to report me, because I take responsibility for my actions (cue the baseless accusations by Dru about anonymous posting). That is something you and your friends have never been able to do and will never be able to do.

Goodbye Dru. I have nothing more to say to you other than "flagged and reported".

@TheCensoredBrit Will it though? The stuff you're writing breaks the rules Dru. I have a feeling that the only person it will...

I have done nothing against the rules, Benji. Nothing at all.

And what would you do if you managed to get us kicked off? Who would you harass then?

You would have to start cannibalizing your friends. Ewww..... not a pretty sight.

I only have two words for you Benji, and they are not 'Merry Christmas'

This comment was deleted.
@2181368

Still not me DD. Flagged and reported for harassment.

@2181368

You know Dru I have never felt people should be told what they can say, or who they should be in an alliance with. I do think people cross a line when they take personal issues and put them on my page. I for the first time was forced to report someone for using my site in such a manner. I'm thankful I have a little bit of clout on this with the moderators. I don't like to take advantage of it, however I did as it was serious breach. The person who did it was on my friend list for a long time,so I was quite shocked when they posted their comments. This is an opinion site, while I think we should keep it between the lines on how we speak to one another, that should be our own censorship. My site is not open for people to put snarky comments on. I hated to report anyone, I was forced this time to by this individuals behavior. Bummer huh?

@BarbOBarr You know Dru I have never felt people should be told what they can say, or who they should be in an alliance with...

Always a bummer when an adult acts like a spoiled brat, and the only way to stop their tantrums is to report them. I know the person in question and she has many issues, being a snarky jerk is just one of many.

Good for you, now hopefully FB will finally take action.

Because they get used way too much, to the point where they lose their creditability.

@dru18 Because they get used way too much, to the point where they lose their creditability.

I don't think they get used enough.

EDIT - To expand, I think there are people who think they can get away with anything, even if it breaks the rules of the place that they have signed up for. Why should they not be brought to heel? If they want to act like apes throwing crap at each other, then they can make their own sites with their own rules.

@TheCensoredBrit I don't think they get used enough. EDIT - To expand, I think there are people who think they can get away with...

Well, not for any lacking on your part, I'm sure.

Why in the world do you want to censor people? This site would be awfully quiet, and this world awfully dull, if we all had tape on our mouths.

@dru18 Well, not for any lacking on your part, I'm sure. Why in the world do you want to censor people? This site would...

It's not censorship. This isn't a place where you can say what you want Dru. If you bothered to read the terms and conditions, you would know that already.

And yeah, I do it. I don't have a problem with it and, to be honest, your reactions are funny as fuck too. And the great thing about it is that I am doing nothing wrong.

You already know what you need to do to stop this, and that's all I have to say really.

@TheCensoredBrit It's not censorship. This isn't a place where you can say what you want Dru. If you bothered to read the terms and...

You wrote - " This isn't a place where you can say what you want."

Actually, it is exactly a place where you can say what you want. Their motto is "Every Opinion Matters". Even yours!