An assisted dying law would not result in more people dying, but in fewer people suffering. Amirite?

Image for post An assisted dying law would not result in more people dying, but in fewer people suffering. Amirite?
SawyerRoses avatar Law
14 63

I think so. I think you just have to make sure the person really wants to die. There'd have to be lots of checks to make sure some husband didn't just murder his wife and then say his wife wanted to die.

@Caitlyn I think so. I think you just have to make sure the person really wants to die. There'd have to be lots of checks...

True, a hospice or something should let you check in and apply the means of death to yourself. VIA A robot nurse who can come in - take your sworn confession of wanting to go this way, then give the shot you need, by your command We can do it for our pets but not for our beloved family members .

As long as it is written properly, I would support it.

@2210745

Me too. Makes me damn angry.

@2210745

So sorry you have had to watch that.

@2211018

Linnster my feeling exactly. It is often a pet suffers longer than it should because we love them so much and they can't say let me go. While people can beg but have no way to get out of it.

I agree, just make sure the bill is worded very carefully.

Putting a suffering pet to sleep is considered humane. Allowing a person to end their own suffering should be considered humane.

Working in healthcare, I am very much in favor of this being allowed with careful consideration.

A lot of countries already have accepted euthanasia, it's contradictory on what medicine aims to do but at least people don't suffer needlessly.

we ..all have to croak some time..and I see no reason why anyone should tell us when some one cant

@2211077

I want "me" to decide. The government has already decided and now I want them to "un-decide" and let me choose the time of my own death.

@2211534

Gotcha.
It is not "your" money; it is their's. It's their name on the bill and the coin, not yours. And they charge you a fee (taxes) when you use it. Same as if you rent car or a house, it is not free, you pay for the privilege of using it.

You don't have to use the US governement's money, you can barter, bitcoin, trade gold, use pesos, or yen, whatever. But if you use their coinage as a tool, they are going to charge you.

Also if you use their roads, sidewalks, cops, fire department, etc,. Just like you don't get to decide what Avis does with their revenue when you rent a car, unless you are share shareholder, then you get a vote (that's all, a vote). You don't get to decide what the US government does with its revenue when you "rent" their money, except that you, as a "shareholder" (read citizen) get a vote, 1 vote.

Welcome to capitalism!

@2212209

I did not say it was "easy" to opt out. But some people manage. The rest of us pay taxes. Taxes set by the government.

@2215186

I am on board with that. I would say get rid of income tax and replace it with federal sales tax and taxes on goods not made in america.

@2212381

Please name a society in history that had coinage but no taxes?

@2215187

Exactamondo! No taxes.
You can call my assertions anything you like to avoid facing the reality that when we bow down to any government that tells us what rules to follow in commerce and what coins to use to transact business we are now at their mercy and will always be forced to pay their taxes.

The natives you mention did not have a central "mint" making beads and shells. Those items had value because they were valued - like gold or salt in other cultures - by the populous; not because the government promised to "back" them with (what? Good faith? Credit? Gold? Silver? Nothing).

You guys are just digging your heals in when the truth is right in front of your faces. Either pay your taxes and shut up, drop out of the economy or dismantle the Federal Reserve and the Central Government. We only have those three options because we cannot have a central banking system and no taxes - that isn't ever going to happen.

@2211077

If we assume everyone is going to die, it really can't increase the number of deaths. It just speeds them up.

If someone wants to die why stop them.

There are a few people out there of who I would like to 'assist' in there deaths.

That depends entirely on the wording of the law. Where the law requires the person to talk with a doctor, it tends to result in trying new treatment methods. Where it allows the person to end their life without counseling, it results in more death.

because it's true

Oh if someone wants to choose that path, then they should be allowed to do so. It is truly devastating to watch a loved on suffer. I know personally I have had a hard time dealing with the loss of my mother who wanted the doctor to assist her but there was nothing he could do.

@Lil_Princess Oh if someone wants to choose that path, then they should be allowed to do so. It is truly devastating to watch a...

Oh sorry that happened, it is always so hard to see a parent die, my Mom went fast due to a massive stroke at 83, same as her own mother. I take a lot of blood thinners so all I need to do is cut myself and i will be gone, if i wanted to do so when age becomes too much trouble for me.

no! someone who is dying can already say they don;t want to be kept on lifesupport. this assisted dying is a form of legalized suicide. it is stupid

@2212211

if its non eof the governments business then it has no right legalizing it just as it has no right criminalizing it. thus it must remain ho wit is now.

@2212518

suicide is a form of murder. and should be illegal. if you are literally dying and their nothing doctors can do then I support the patient being able to pull the plug, BUT THATS as Far as I will go.