What would you rather have: A politician that speaks his mind, or a politician that speaks your mind? Trump supporters says his most admirable trait is that he "speaks his mind", even when they disagree with his policies.

16% Speaks HIS mind 44% Speaks MY mind 40% Other
VicZincs avatar Politics
6 40

I don't want a politician that tells me what I want to hear. I want one that does what he/she says they are going to do.

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Speaks HIS mind +11Reply
@2221002

No doubt, but then that has always been the case.

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Speaks HIS mind +3Reply
@2221009

Your preaching to the choir, Lin. :)

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Speaks HIS mind +4Reply

Trump has no admirable traits at all, he's a big bully who is trying to intimidate others. I want a politician that says he will work for the people, and keeps his word.

@StarzAbove Trump has no admirable traits at all, he's a big bully who is trying to intimidate others. I want a politician...

well you have Rand Paul. maybe Ted Cruz, but Rand is better I think.

Trump, killary, and economic doofus Sanders will all be the end of USA.

@Anonymousmouse well you have Rand Paul. maybe Ted Cruz, but Rand is better I think. Trump, killary, and economic doofus Sanders...

I don't agree with any of what you've said.

The only one that is credible is the Governor of Ohio, and he doesn't stand a chance.

@2220998

I hadn't heard that, but it doesn't surprise me. In this case, the good guy lost out.

@StarzAbove He's a hateful little man....and approves of the KKK.

so your buying into the mainstream lies of him I see? no surprise.

@Anonymousmouse so your buying into the mainstream lies of him I see? no surprise.

Actually I don't give him a second thought. But I guess it's OK for you to buy into the mainstream lies about Hillary and Sanders...I see, no surprise.

@Anonymousmouse wow. just wow. mainstream news PRAISES both those idiots!

Evidently most sensible people agree with me, Rand quit this morning. lol

@Anonymousmouse well,if that is true, america is **

If you don't live there, then why do you even care?

Worry about your own backyard.

@If you don't live there, then why do you even care? Worry about your own backyard.

what USA does affects the world. if america kept its darned business to istelf I wouldn;t care. except the way USA has its hands on everything you rot we rot.

so I want you to make smarter choices rather then voting more stupid

@Budwick Rand quit this AM. [Cue game show loser music]

well america, you are officially *** over now. you have absolutely no decent candidates. you only have big government anti american candidates. trump is a two faced hypocrite who is not really conservative, he is much more democrat then he is republican. he is also fascist in many things he says. Hillary is a criminal. and a traitor, she should be in jail. but what are the chances that will ever happen?

Sanders will destroy your economy. force big companies out of the USA, and close small business and make future generations have to pay for the debt.

effectively. you might as well vote for an A S S {donkey} you will get a better government

@Budwick There are many other republican candidates to choose from.

name one other republican that isn;t pro big government pro establishment

@Budwick Ted Cruz

I suppose he is the next best choice. does he stand a chance against trump though?

@Anonymousmouse I suppose he is the next best choice. does he stand a chance against trump though?

I thinks so. Trump is not conservative, he's not even republican in his views. If / when the media and people start looking at what the candidates actually believe in - the Trump balloon will deflate - IMO

I'd rather they spoke their mind, then I can tell if we're on the same page or not. Otherwise they're just following the prevailing winds and that's not leadership.

facemans avatar faceman Speaks HIS mind +4Reply

It's gotta be a little bit of both. We have to agree on important issues but she or he has to actually believe the things they're saying. When it comes to Trump I think he just says whatever he thinks will get publicity and votes.

I just want one who tells the damn truth and does what he/she promises. A bunch of phonies.

I guess my preference would be a politician that understands and shares my values and consistently makes decisions based on those values.

Trump is a poor example of that. His decisions are all over the map, probably because HIS values are linked to how much money his decisions make for him - not any particular 'value'.

I think Trump is a potentially dangerous presidential candidate. He has been entertaining and helpful in getting issues out of the closet and on the table. He might be speaking his mind, but all his decisions are calculated - not based on values. So, who knows what 'his mind' will be on the same topic tomorrow?

if this wasn;t about the double sided double standard jerk trump Id say speak his mind. trump says one thing in one interview and a complete different thing in another interview. he will say he loves hillary clinton, then say she is the worst person, will say he is pro life, and then say he is pro choice. he is a hypocrite, a liar, and will say anything to get to the top, all he cares about, he doesn;t care about us, only himself.

a leader like Rand who speaks his mind, stands for the constitution and cares for the people is a leader i'd vote for. no one else is any good

He speaks shit.