How much grudge can you hold before you have to let go?

Life's too short

Image for post How much grudge can you hold before you have to let go?
19% Bring it on! 36% Try me 44% Other
HegeMaries avatar Fashion
12 123
@2251927

Okay, no screwing.
I'll write that down

@2251927

I sit down and write a scathing letter to the offender, I hold on to it and read it once every week or so. I tear it up and let it go.

@2251925

Try the windshield wiper if it gets too muchwink smilie

@2251925

Ha Ha!

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Bring it on! +6Reply
This comment was deleted.
@2251976

Take out the garbage before it starts smellingclap smilie

@2251976

Can I get an Amen!~

@2252342

Very good adviceclap smilie
The worst is when you can't forget why you're madangry smilie

Not too much anymore...it seems easier these days to let things go and move on.

@2251943

How much is that in litres?

@2252096

Bananas can be heavy too chew smilie

Just enough to get a little better than even. :)

I've held a grudge for someone for most of my life. It sounds a bit too much but that person has made life very difficult for me and many others for years to come. I let it go not too long ago because I do not wish to feel bitter or troubled any more but I have not forgotten it.

@xCalypso I've held a grudge for someone for most of my life. It sounds a bit too much but that person has made life very...

Sometimes forgetting is not an option.
Being able to move forward without bitterness is not bad at all.

@2467960

Or people who have always been friends, but when I disagree with someone, they block. How childish is that. They act like they have never had anyone disagree with them. Oh well, it's their loss, not mine.

@2467960

I agree, if the backstabbing and rumors are an ongoing thing. If that person doesn't stop, and ask for forgiveness and a fresh start, how is forgetting even possible?

@2272532

I have maintained my distance from them which has helped a lot in the healing process , but sadly they're not someone whom I can forget easily.

Well, that takes a different kind of strength

@2251944

It can be extremely hard to forgive someone if the wounds are deep enough.

@2252115

Easy for you to say. You have that moderator "knock them out"-button.

@2264026

That is good. I try to forgive, forget and move on.
And I fool myself to believe I'm "clean".
Then there are weak moments when all the bad comes back, and I have to admit that some of the grudge is still stuck to my shoesno smilie

@2264547

What choice do we have? hug smilie

@2264581

Agreed. Do you know why?

@2264554

Whaat? Why is that? Any idea? I have not been in the last few days confused smilie

I'm pretty strong... Probably can hold a lot of grudge

Quatzolects avatar Quatzolect Bring it on! +4Reply
@2253023

So that ant underneath is up for a surpriseo_o smilie

@2253023

Yeah, right on their toes!

@2253182

That's great, Serenity. Don't let them hold you down.
You are one of a kind.
Welcome backhug smilie

I am often fooled by innocent duplicate blushing face. So now i hold gurdge never to go on innocent duplicate blushing face. When they remove their mask their two pointed teeth appear.

@2298628

My Dutch is rather rusty, I'm afraid tongue smilie

That depends on the case and the sequels; it is not easy to forgive, and forgetting might not be possible, all the more if serious harm is involved. Sometimes, we can only try, while taking some distance, moving forward and focusing on one's real priorities. smile smilie

@Marianne That depends on the case and the sequels; it is not easy to forgive, and forgetting might not be possible, all the...

Absolutely right. And sometimes even if you say out loud that you forgive someone, the old grudges can float to the surface again and again over the years. If you carry the scars. It is a lot easier said than done think smilie

@HegeMarie Absolutely right. And sometimes even if you say out loud that you forgive someone, the old grudges can float to the...

Yes, it is hard; old wounds can hurt again and again, and only with time and patience, the pains, grudges, and such "moments" will lessen. All you can do is to take a break for yourself, allow yourself to mourn, talk to a ready ear - your mum and/or best friend - write your feelings down, draw or paint, read a good book, relax, listen to good music, slow down, or try something new, etc., and concentrate on more pleasant matters to get over the "crisis" and then move on.

You might like Abba

or do you prefer late Michel Delpech (about divorce)
with text and translation

@Marianne Yes, it is hard; old wounds can hurt again and again, and only with time and patience, the pains, grudges, and such...

I think you are right again. Friends, family, and lots of distractions, maybe travelling. And time is the most important ingredient in the healing process. l smilie
Abba always makes me smilesmile smilie Michel Delpech is new to me. I must give him a try tonight

@HegeMarie I think you are right again. Friends, family, and lots of distractions, maybe travelling. And time is the most...

Yes, you need time to care for yourself to allow you to care for family and friends.

Here's some more info about late Michel Delpech:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Delpech

Maybe that you heard this song about the Isle of Wight Festival:

@Marianne Yes, you need time to care for yourself to allow you to care for family and friends. Here's some more info about...

I have heard that one on radio. Of course it was partly wasted on me, since I don't speak French, but it's catchy cd smilie

@Marianne Oh now, it is no waste. There's an English version by Sandie...

Thank you for that link. I will listen to it when I get home tonight.

@2471840

Lol - hi to you, Platinum, nice to see you. smile smilie

@HegeMarie I did. She sings well too

Yes, her version translates Delpech's lyrics quite well, and she was also one of the great Eurovision winners. smile smilie

I'll forgive, but I won't forget.

Mashas avatar Masha Other +3Reply

I keep it around until I am ready to let it go....

Never been able to hold a grudge against anyone unless they hurt my little sister somehow. (Hurt her feelings).

I don't do grudging it shortens one life.

Amons avatar Amon Other +3Reply

I don't stay mad very long....but the grudges I still have against some people, will always be there....when hurt badly, I will hold that grudge forever.

Apparently not much - I don't hold grudges.

@Budwick Apparently not much - I don't hold grudges.

Good. They are heavy, and take up valuable room

Oh when push comes to shove, I can hold one for all eternity.

@Lil_Princess Oh when push comes to shove, I can hold one for all eternity.

But it's heavy, isn't it?
I have been struggeling with one case for years. I think I have moved on, but every now and then all the bad comes back..

@HegeMarie But it's heavy, isn't it? I have been struggeling with one case for years. I think I have moved on, but every now...

Oh with one person no it doesn't bother me at all, however with another I have been experiencing for many years what you have it is heavy.