I'm not a big fan of living where I do. Are you happy where you are?

It's not that I HATE NYC it's that its a bad match. Despite agreeing politically with most people here, I JUST HATE crummy weather, and I hate not being near a Disney theme park or a beach that doesn't look like a heroine dealership with added stabbings. And everything here is business wall street this Dow Jones that blah blah boring people in suits.
LA is literally a list of everything I like in one. (the only bads being traffic and smog, everywhere has ghettos, and tornadoes are more frequent than earthquakes and LA doesn't get tornadoes.)
uhh anyway

How do YOU feel about where you live?

Image for post I'm not a big fan of living where I do. Are you happy where you are?
TomboyJanets avatar Travel
7 26

I wanna live where there's a beach or mountains. I'd really like both, like Key West winters and Denver summers. :)

@Caitlyn I wanna live where there's a beach or mountains. I'd really like both, like Key West winters and Denver summers. :)

Yeah the midwest is NO FUN!! it's flat and you drive for 300 miles and wonder why you're still in the same state.

I'm in Austin, I love it here. This is the first place I've lived since leaving NOLA that I've actually considered home. I'm staying :)

I love where I live....and would never move.

I live in the burbs of Cleveland.
I don't suffer from 'greener grass syndrome'. Now, we did live in the city and moved to the burbs for more open spaces, lower taxes, fewer assaults and murders.

If one isn't happy where they are - move!

Here it always seems to be bad whether. It's friggen may and its only in the 47 degrees zone. The City is where anything remotely interesting around here is and it cost a small fortune to get in and is a total pain in the ass to get around. You could drive to the city but parking is expensive and rare, and prone to break ins. 50% of the year I spend in 4 layers of clothing so thick I can't scratch an itch on my body. It's very easy to get lost and find yourself headed toward a 5 dollar toll or a bad neighborhood. Everything here looks like a crumbling factory or like someone took a dump on it. There is no organics just sharp hard concrete. A religious cult has a stranglehold on Rockland county, getting all their homes designated as temples and tax free. The county supervisor used taxpayer money to build a minor league stadium no one wanted. Every time something actually COOL is going to be built the town always changes their mind at the last second and grants the land to another GOD DAMN housing development so more snooty rich assholes can move in and complain about black people and me being a lesbian. As soon as I can IM GOING STRAIGHT TO LA!!!

So so. I like that it's quiet and nice, I hate that there's nothing to do at all :P

Its okay in the summer but I'd live to get back to Vermont from May until the middle of October, then be somewhere in the winter.

I love where I live.

Yeah SoCal is perfect

I would like to live in a bigger city maybe but i like my state