+10

Growing up is insanely overrated.

Why? Because being young and having fun is great! When you grow up and lose your imagination to permanently gray skied business and politics land you realize cold hard life brings anger headaches and restlessness. Where is the adventure? where is the excitement? where is the love? all down the drain replaced by whining about your spouse, bitching about your job, and kissing your bosses ass even though he's a walking talking turd, almost literally with all that flab. Then what? you get older and look like a potato with some hairs stuck into it and start thinking tucking in your pocket protector shirt is actually something you should be doing, and doesn't at all make you look like a total idiot who rubs his nipples in public.

Image for post Growing up is insanely overrated.
TomboyJanets avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 23

Because Nobody wants a grumpy old fart. You may grow up pysically but you don't have to always become bitter and angry all the time

Adults suck.

@2296614

What's ironic, is I am one! I work 12 hours in a lab, building and manufacturing stuff, and i deal with bosses that have no time for ya, or ya safety, and yanno why that makes me shout in italian. Like, "Marcio pesce! Vi nutrirti ai miei gatti!" (That roughly means I call someone a "rotten fish", and "that i'll feed you to my cats!")

I wouldn't recommend it.

Things definitely change as you age, but it's not all for the worse. For example, when I was younger I was always aware of my appearance - to the point of being concerned. Now.. mowing my lawn while sporting shorts and black socks is not out of the realm of possibility. It's liberating.

@PhilboydStudge Things definitely change as you age, but it's not all for the worse. For example, when I was younger I was always...

i think to an extent I am always aware of my appearance because I want to be Janet, I don't wanna be looking like an old nanny or a bimbo or a hag, and definately not like a puritan. Though I could be harsh because in my opinion women look younger for longer periods of time than men do. Men kinda rapidly age in appearance the moment they start losing hair. That being said my style is tomboy casual

@2296613

-40 points if they want you to call them daddy.....EW

-50 points if they gain weight and start having mustard stains all over their clothes (I know that sounds like a typical wife thing but REALLY? Food on your clothes is nasty)

I don't wanna grow up!

@Caitlyn I don't wanna grow up!

I like ya just the way you are!

I can't agree or disagree. Not everyone's adult life is like that and not every childhood is fun and happy. I get your point though. I know some very nice old farts by the way, and some rotten little monster kids too. Everybody is different and has experienced different things.

Getting old sucks - and there's science behind it too. As we age, our brains neuroplasticity declines - making us more "curmudgeon" like. St. John's Wort and/or fluoxetine (aka prozac) can reverse it.

@faceman Getting old sucks - and there's science behind it too. As we age, our brains neuroplasticity declines - making us...

I wonder if that's similar to what happens to frequent drug users. Especially weekly users of DXM Pollistyrex (though its temporary in many cases)

This kind of post always reminds me of something Oscar Wilde or Dorothy Parker say...like youth is wasted on youth...or something...

Getting older sucks but it can still be liberating and fun. And I can think of at least 10 things that are worse than getting older:

Dying young
Being drastically disabled while young
Being in jail for life
Having a lousy personality
Being stuck in an abusive relationship

That's only 5 but you get my drift...

P.S.: When I come back in my next life I wanna look like her.

Just want to stay me and not become a grumpy person. Just stay Robbie