+13

I brake for turtles...and squirrels, raccoons, any life, really...

I also brake for humans...even when it might not be safe to do so...

Sukiesnows avatar Animals & Nature
8 54

Whenever possible, I brake for anything that breathes.

It depends on conditions. If there's a vehicle close behind me I will take that into consideration. I'm not going to cause an accident by trying to avoid hitting a rodent (or a bird, lizard, fish, arachnid, etc). If there is no one behind me, or if the animal either a) has significant mass (e.g. deer) or b) could be someone's pet (e.g. dog or cat), I will do my best to avoid hitting it.

@2306186

That happens.

@Sukiesnow How about a person?

The only thing I'd avoid hitting over a person (pedestrian) is a vehicle coming from the other direction.

@Sukiesnow Hmm... Not an animal lover...

I do love dogs.. and probably another animal or two. smile smilie However, I put a higher value on human life than I do on animal life.

I only swerve slightly.

@2306190

And I beep to birds...

Life's precious and a one-time thing for ANY lifeform so, yeah... why not non-humans!

@PartyOfOne Life's precious and a one-time thing for ANY lifeform so, yeah... why not non-humans!

Any living thing, really... Of course you might not be able to see a cockroach...lol..

Yes, I'm quite vigilant about looking out for other creatures when driving OR a passenger in a car. For such clever little critters, squirrels sure don't seem to grasp the danger of moving vehicles. When possible, I stop my car and chase the scamps OFF the road. :)

I've had several experiences with animals that other people haven't braked for. A few have had happy endings.

@Sukiesnow Such innocent scamps...

I wouldn't go THAT far, but I'm fond of them. I do find it both disturbing and interesting, that they are so clueless about the danger of moving vehicles, when they are so clever about figuring other things out.

@Piper2 I wouldn't go THAT far, but I'm fond of them. I do find it both disturbing and interesting, that they are so...

There was a cow...musing about...looking day dreamy... Beep! Beep! Mooo.... Not a move...lol... I mean...who wants to hit a cow...also...

@Sukiesnow There was a cow...musing about...looking day dreamy... Beep! Beep! Mooo.... Not a move...lol... I mean...who wants...

I've never encountered a cow on a major road myself, but I think I get your point. For sure, I wouldn't want to hit any creature, and a cow standing on the road would be pretty easy to avoid.

@2306947

I wish I had your moxie. People honking behind me disturbs me...

@2307259

I haven't yet stopped pleasing people...but I'm workin on it...

And animals never hurt me...either...

Brake maybe,might have to swerve if someone is right behind me..

Wouldn't make much sense to cause an accident by having only one option to use..

@Sukiesnow So having a rear ender wouldn't be worth it to save a life...

It would in my book. I have skidded off a wet dark road one time to avoid hitting a baby raccoon.

The little bastard never thanked me. :)

@dru18 But an awful cute one. :)

Lol... I had a post on racoons once... What attitude..

@Sukiesnow Lol... I had a post on racoons once... What attitude..

I would have loved that post! You and I are both animal lovers.

We had a pet one when I was little. My brother turned in his mini bike for a baby. He was quite a handful. There is nothing they can't get into.

@dru18 I would have loved that post! You and I are both animal lovers. We had a pet one when I was little. My brother...

Yes! I have a Sun in Sadge with a Moon in Virgo... Same as St Francis of Aussi...but the only thing we share is a love for small animals...

@dru18 Don't forget our big friends too. :)

That looks like a Friesian horse. I wish I could send you a link on Friesian horses...they are so elegant and beautiful...if you google...you might find it...

@dru18 It would in my book. I have skidded off a wet dark road one time to avoid hitting a baby raccoon. The little...

Well that's good you feel that way but i wouldn't do it.

I won't take crazy risk with my life like that.

I like animals just as much as the next person but
if i die,that raccoon ain't doing shit for the people depending on me..

@DandyDon Well that's good you feel that way but i wouldn't do it. I won't take crazy risk with my life like that. I like...

Can your count on people all the time...?

Hey....I'm going through similar issues...aren't we all?

@Sukiesnow Can your count on people all the time...? Hey....I'm going through similar issues...aren't we all?

Can you count on raccoons all the time?

Like i said,i like animals just as much as the next person..

I don't take careless risks with my life,wether that's with a animal,plane,boat or train.

I don't have a death wish...

@DandyDon What if the rear ender takes my life...Worth it?

Does a rear ender ever take anyone's life? Wearing a seatbelt...

@Sukiesnow Does a rear ender ever take anyone's life? Wearing a seatbelt...

There is a man i used to work with,that just got rear ended about 2 months ago,he is still in the hospital paralyzed right now..

Maybe that seems like an even trade to you but it's nowhere close for me..

Life is life but do i consider animals life more important than humans?,i don't and never will..

I don't hunt animals,i don't go out of my way to kill animals..

I don't put their importance over my life,if i start thinking like that,they need to start fitting me with a straight jacket...

@2306150

I'm keeping my eye out for that model.hello smilie

@2306162

Also one that turns into a boat...(moodily)

@2306162

Me too,i still want the ejector seat...and parachutechew smilie