+7

Amirite should end its use of asterisks, amirite?

I would like to know what others are saying without the guesswork.

Mashas avatar Jokes & Humour
9 14
The voters have decided that Masha is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't know...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've never noticed, plus I don't worry about petty things.

@StarzAbove I've never noticed, plus I don't worry about petty things.

Neither do I. If anything, I thought Amirite was being oversensitive until realising there's a profanity filter one can adjust in their settings.

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +3Reply

What exactly about asterisks bother you Masha...? I use them to bold type...but that's about it...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Sukiesnow What exactly about asterisks bother you Masha...? I use them to bold type...but that's about it...

Nothing. I thought Amirite replaced certain words (even some non-swearwords) with asterisks, until realising there is a filter one can enable/disable in their settings.

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Masha Nothing. I thought Amirite replaced certain words (even some non-swearwords) with asterisks, until realising there...

Oh...it is kinda odd...and there are ways we type to avoid it which makes it somewhat laughable...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply

That bugged me too, Masha, until someone was kind enough to inform me that I probably had the profanity filter on. I hadn't chosen it in the settings, but that was the problem.

I was wondering why just the word "sex", would be blanked out with asterisks. :)

@Piper2 That bugged me too, Masha, until someone was kind enough to inform me that I probably had the profanity filter on...

Same here. Amirite are probably socially selective. Either that or the filter is faulty. That said, some actual swearwords don't get blanked out, filter or no filter. I say end the filters, so all words are equal.

Mashas avatar Masha Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Masha Same here. Amirite are probably socially selective. Either that or the filter is faulty. That said, some actual...

It is possible that some words are still blanked out, with or without the "profanity" filter. I think it's fine for people to have a choice of using it, if they are that offended by curse/swear words.

Let's check it out........:)

There are words that I've always found far more "offensive", than someone simply saying fuck off, for instance. Words that are most commonly used to denigrate and demean others, like nigger, kike, or fag. I still don't think those words should actually be censored, in most cases.

Yea, i never use them..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oh honestly it doesn't bother me one way or the other bout them. I have never been been nosy enough to actually care that much what people are saying when I see them.