-1

Disapproval over interracial marriages are a thing of the past. Amirite?

Image for post Disapproval over interracial marriages are a thing of the past. Amirite?
Sukiesnows avatar Technology
5 16
The voters have decided that Sukiesnow is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2318138

Ya think? It doesn't register here at all... In fact kids of an interracial marriage make great models...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply

I think there are lots of people who don't like interracial marriages. They'll have to get over it.

No, it's still going on.

@2318223

Yes... But what does that even mean these days...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2318122

Not in my family.

There's always going to be a few holdouts, but mostly I don't think it's an issue anymore.

facemans avatar faceman Yeah You Are +2Reply

It is, sadly, alive and well. To me, marriage is marriage.

Mashas avatar Masha No Way +2Reply

I would love to say yes, but just months ago I've joked around with my friend, about how two guys (black) were eyeing her in the same day, and she commented on how her mother would have a heart attack if she went back home with a black guy. I thought she was joking. She wasn't.

Sofias avatar Sofia No Way +2Reply

More common but still people some people don't like it. I don't care either way but I feel it is difficult for bi racial children to be left in the middle.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred More common but still people some people don't like it. I don't care either way but I feel it is difficult for bi...

What difficulty Lorraine? My cousin married a black man and so far there has been no difficulty. One of their kids is in college.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sukiesnow What difficulty Lorraine? My cousin married a black man and so far there has been no difficulty. One of their kids...

That is wonderful. I know some children do very well. I also know from friends 2 different backgrounds can pull at the child. Some native Americans have to let their children go, then the child never really learns all they might about that culture. Same with any minority group. My best bud was a black guy now he is dead and his son has not one black person in his life to help him understand that side of his heritage.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred That is wonderful. I know some children do very well. I also know from friends 2 different backgrounds can pull...

I guess my 2nd cousins are not concerned with learning their heritage. I have a European heritage, too...and I am also not too concerned about learning about it...except what crosses my path and what I can google.