+7

It's easy to make a commitment ahead of time...but as the time draws near...that's when you find out how you really feel about it.... Amirite?

I happily make a commitment, say to take a course...thinking happily...why that's months away! Then as the course time draws closer...oh no...I don't wanna go! I know it's a good idea...but...noooo...

Image for post It's easy to make a commitment ahead of time...but as the time draws near...//that's when you find out how you really feel about it....// Amirite?
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
4 12

Yes, talk is cheap ... actions are another matter! a smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell Yeah You Are +4Reply

That's not a commitment,that's a bad decision..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are +4Reply
@DandyDon That's not a commitment,that's a bad decision..

It's easy to make bad commitments months in advance... Oh yes of course I'll go with you to that family wedding. [That is if we still know each other by then....hehe smilie]

And sometimes you need to make plans in advance for courses...airplane tickets...etc...in advance....how then do you know how you will feel a couple of days before...?

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +4Reply
@DandyDon Guess that's why nobodies perfect..

I make plans all the time for things and then when the time comes...I think...what possessed me to agree to this...?

Of course it's easy to agree and it seems fine...months earlier...:)

It seems to be getting to a point where I feel I might not be in sync with my real self or something.

I wish someone would respond who was going through this issue.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Sukiesnow I make plans all the time for things and then when the time comes...I think...what possessed me to agree to...

I'm famous for saying I will attend an event. When it's the actual time to do it I find mysel coming up with a dozen reasons why I shouldn't go. Ivd learned to say, I'll let you know. It gives me an out.

@BarbOBarr I'm famous for saying I will attend an event. When it's the actual time to do it I find mysel coming up with a...

It's so easy to say Yes! ...when the activity is months away...and yeah...I gotta learn to say...why don't we wait and see?

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply

Student athletes have solved that problem. They recently invented a word called 'decommit'...which I know, TOTALLY nullifies the definition of the word commit...but they are student affaletes, so they can get away with it
no smilie

@Sukiesnow I like that word! Decommit...

I use this word more then commit. The weird thing is nine times out of ten when I go to the dreaded event, I enjoy myself. It's just feeing like you're obligated that causes me to hesitate.

@BarbOBarr I use this word more then commit. The weird thing is nine times out of ten when I go to the dreaded event, I enjoy...

And it's because after going to several functions that go bust...you get the feeling that my time's precious... I cannot spend 3 hours listening to another Jungian lecture I only understand half of....

@Sukiesnow And it's because after going to several functions that go bust...you get the feeling that //my time's precious... I...

We use to have end of the year parties, they always turned into a drunk fest. I don't drink and as a result I was looked at as a designated driver, this got old quick. Nothing like wasting my time with a group of drunken turning into assholes fast. I would not commit after two of these. I always would say if I can make it.

Anonymous