I dislike Sandra Bullock as an actor. Is there someone you've taken a dislike for no reason?

She's undeniably bad at acting. Never once has she been able to make me believe it wasn't HER acting. Her roles are mostly superficial...and they could be funny but with her they are just stupid. If a movie comes up with her as an actor I think: KILL ME NOW.... This also begs the eternal question about Hollywood...like, who does she KNOW? More to the point: Who was she screwing...?

Image for post **I dislike Sandra Bullock as an actor.** //Is there someone you've taken a dislike for no reason?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 62

Ben Affleck...can't stand the guy.

@StarzAbove Ben Affleck...can't stand the...

You know? Something I don't like either...and we were proven right. Guy's a gambler...he's got a good life yet he dabbles in high stakes....

@2319910

I liked him in Trading Places... But they were good roles for him....

@2320475

No...there are 2 movies entitled Trading Places. Threw me off, too.

@2319849

Our intstincts can't both be wrong. I have to force myself to watch a movie with her in it....

@2319872

Hilary is also not that great in acting. I didn't like that movie much either and am glad I didn't pay bucks to see it. So fake.

@2319883

I like Hilary's looks much better and she seems more genuine...i.e. ...she hasn't been doing crap roles just to make money....

@2320261

I never saw the appeal of Russell Crow, and Jude law is not the type that will age well....

@2320451

And his skin...so pock marked...

@2319848

Hey. Plug in Plat. They prefer an androgynous label.

@2319860

Waiter = man Waitress = woman

Waitstaff....could be any person...so much better.

@2319873

The police or police person is good. It's a mental exercise. You aren't too old to change.

Categorizing people into roles of male/female continues to stereotype.

@2319885

Last week the cops knocked on my door. (Hooligans in the area) I said, word for word: "There was a cop at my door. It was a guy."

There are so many sexes in different jobs these days that it's also easier not to designate them.... Dentists, lawyers, and cab drivers. Not all males.

I don't dislike her but she doesn't win me over in roles like others A list actors can do. I used to find Kelly McGillis the same.

@OzSurfer I don't dislike her but she doesn't win me over in roles like others A list actors can do. I used to find Kelly...

I like older actors...but that's only because by then...they've gotten a handle at their jobs and can do it passably...maybe Sandra will be okay in 10 years but seriously she doesn't have to work again if she doesn't want to... I mean,...wouldn't you like a job like that...?

@Sukiesnow I like older actors...but that's only because by then...they've gotten a handle at their jobs and can do it...

I'd love a job where I could choose where I worked and when i worked and what i did and didn't do and for who hehe smilie

I actually did somethings similar for about 2 years because it was on my bucket list and when I sold my house after the divorce I thought I'd do all the things that I neveer thought i'd be able to do before.

@Sukiesnow See...? You are a dark horse... See? You know what you want from life....

Lol well i'm probably a bit different. So i wanted to live by the beach in a serviced apartment that had cleaners, receptionst etc so i did. I always wanted to work in a recording studio, so I would book time at the local one, hire the best musicians and just record anything that came to mind and I got to arrange it all my way because I was paying, it was like being a rock star lol soo much fun, and then i did heaps of adventure sports because i love all those and basically just woke up in the morning and thought, what will i do today and did it. One day i was walking past all these homeless people in the street, so I went to a street vendor and gave her $500 and said, how many of your coffees and sandwiches will this buy? and she nearly choked but said u can have everything so i got the bag lady who was nearby and we loaded up her trolley and after she had a free feed lol, we went around delivering them, along the way I met Vanessa the Undresser... local hooker and then a group of vietnam vets living on the street singing sixties songs, so we sang sunshine of your love and they danced with vanessa and I think that was one of the most fun days ever... way better than working in a dumb office with boring ppl. hehe smilie

I understand completely. I dislike Steve Carell.

Samuel L. Jackson just because he always plays the villain, and he's so good at it that whenever he pops up in a movie you instantly dislike him.

@BlindMist Samuel L. Jackson just because he always plays the villain, and he's so good at it that whenever he pops up in a...

I did see a movie with Samuel L. Jackson where he was not the villain, but the hero. I can't remember the title, but he saves the life of Tommy Lee Jones who was trying to commit suicide. He then takes Jones back to Samuel's house and they philosophize about life for the rest of the movie. I was amazed at how both these guys said their lines of dialogue, which was pretty deep (unless they were actually adlibbing their lines, which would have been even more impressive) .

@Sukiesnow Thank you for commenting.

Thank you for allowing me to release my long-time held thoughts on Samuel L. Jackson hug smilie

@BlindMist Thank you for allowing me to release my long-time held thoughts on Samuel L. Jackson

He did a movie with that actor who gambles a lot...SLJ played the poor guy...Trading or Changing Lives?

He was so good.

@Sukiesnow He did a movie with that actor who gambles a lot...SLJ played the poor guy...Trading or Changing Lives? He was...

You may be referring to "Changing Lanes". SLJ played a recovering alcoholic who got into an accident with the character played by Ben Affleck.

I really like SLJ because he is an outstanding actor. The scene he played in "Pulp Fiction" with John Travolta where they execute a guy while SLJ recites a Bible passage about revenge is a classic.

@goblue1968 You may be referring to "Changing Lanes". SLJ played a recovering alcoholic who got into an accident with the...

Thanks! I was close! He was the star of that movie...

I don't remember watching Pulp Fiction...but when I get a chance I'll watch it.

@Sukiesnow Thanks! I was close! He was the star of that movie... I don't remember watching Pulp Fiction...but when I get a...

You should really look for that one. There was another classic scene in that movie where John Travolta goes to a retro restaurant with Uma Thurman and they enter a dance contest there. You know that Travolta is known for his dancing from "Saturday Night Fever", but in "Pulp Fiction" he dances The Twist while they are playing an old Chuck Berry song.

@goblue1968 You should really look for that one. There was another classic scene in that movie where John Travolta goes to a...

He does the twist...ha... He must like Uma Thurman...he was with her in his movie Be Cool... The movie that also had The Rock playing a gay guy...ha....

I dislike Ted Danson because I disliked the characters he played: Sam Malone on Cheers, Dr. Becker on Becker, Frobisher on Damages, to name a few. But I actually liked Sandra Bullock's characters in a few movies, regardless of her acting skill.

there's always a reason. repulsion is an excellent reason.

As long as you are asking about disliking actors, I have always thought that Jennifer Aniston was overrated, even though she has played in a couple of movies that I actually liked for reasons other than her roles, "Bruce Almighty" and "Office Space"

@goblue1968 As long as you are asking about disliking actors, I have always thought that Jennifer Aniston was overrated, even...

Jen was good! in Office Space...and there was some movie where she was a psychotic dentist? There were a few funny parts.

I don't know Bruce Almighty...off hand.

She was mostly suited to her rôle in Friends.

She is simply the blonde Girl Next Door that we ALL were growing up.

@Sukiesnow Jen was good! in Office Space...and there was some movie where she was a psychotic dentist? There were a few...

The psychotic dentist Jennifer Aniston was in "Horrible Bosses". I liked that movie because one of my other favorite actors, Kevin Spacey, was one of the horrible bosses. "Bruce Almighty" was cute because the star, Jim Carrey, was permitted to be God so God would show him how hard a job it is to be God. Jennifer played Jim Carrey's fiancée.

@goblue1968 The psychotic dentist Jennifer Aniston was in "Horrible Bosses". I liked that movie because one of my other...

Bruce Almighty sounds familiar....

Love Kevin Spacey. Swimming with Sharks was riveting....

People who love movies can always find something to chat about...:)

I don't keep up with actors enough,for one to make me dislike them..

I'd rather watch a snail race its shadow..

Sandra Bullock is pretty though..

@Sukiesnow Dandy: looks are neither here nor there...:)

I'm Just making an observation...since i'm lacking on her body of work... smile smilie

@DandyDon I'm Just making an observation...since i'm lacking on her body of work...

She is pretty and with millions of dollars backing her up she can afford the upkeep.