Will this terrible Orlando shooting finally prove to the US that homosexuals suffer, and that being specifically targeted for who you are makes merely being alive more dangerous than a "normal" person?

I feel so trapped like there is no safe place for us anywhere. Why don't people just leave us alone?

Image for post Will this terrible Orlando shooting finally prove to the US that homosexuals suffer, and that being specifically targeted for who you are makes merely being alive more dangerous than a "normal" person?
19% Perhaps 19% Extremists are so blinded by hate they'll see this as the victims fault 31% People always find excuses to continue their fundementalist hatred 0% Other things (I'm sorry I'm just not in the mood to even be sarcastic today) 31% Other
TomboyJanets avatar Religion
4 104
@2320784

Now that's something I agree with! I was just thinking that too. When Christians are attacked in the middle east EVERYONE talks about how hard it is to be Christian over there and they call it anti-Christian. But if it's a group they don't like It's sooo much easier for them to dance around the issue so they don't have to admit that homophobia has any actual CONSEQUENCES

@2320829

I'm sorry Serenity but I'm going to have to disagree with you. This person wasn't all of isis. This person was using isis to further his own twisted view of what's wrong in the world. Then Isis ever the big bad that they are claimed it as one of theirs to scare us once more.

I WISH I could say that I can go back to the lesbian bars and feel safe again, but my peace is shattered, and I haven't even slept a minute last night

@2320848

I'm very agitated right now I didn't sleep I'm still wearing the same clothes I haven't combed. I wont even go anywhere near any bridge leading into manhattan. Since my sexual assault I've been extra prone to panic attacks, Ptsd, and fits of anger. Sometimes it helps me to print out all these things I don't like, statements that piss me off, pictures of people who threaten me, drawings of disturbing things like death fetish, beating women porn, etc and just light it all on fire on the old barbeque until its nothing but dust. If that doesn't work there's always smashing beer bottles against the bricks

@2320846

IT used to be a nice place for me to get away from fear, then the roving gangs of for god and justice gay beaters came to NYC. I thought we were over that by now. Now I'm not taking any chances. Anyone who says anything homophobic to me I am getting far farrr away form and cutting out of my life. Just like when people act sexist and I treat them as potential rapists. It's sad that I gotta do this but I don't know who to trust or If I'll ever make it home once I leave my house.

@2321367

Thanks you and ser are always here for me :)

I'm hopeful. Even if you don't believe in gay marriage at least feel something. That its tough to live in a word where people you don't even know want you dead just for being born.

@2320781

No you can see it here. People don't want to admit that we're targeted more frequently because of who we are, and they dance around it like they dance around the gun issue. Oh it was this and that and all these side things, and then oh man here come the conspiracy theories Its a government plot to take our guns gimme my tin foil hat!

Soon enough It'll become so political people will for get about the horrible implications this has on places that gays find refuge in. The only thing we can do is set up metal detectors maybe hire some armed security and hope for the best. No one is going to do anything to help us we'll have to handle it ourselves.

@2320707

Correct. He didn't like gay so he went there if no gay people were there he would have just gone to his next on the list . Maybe a church? Why was that man even allowed to walk the streets? We surely need mental evaluations for everyone.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Correct. He didn't like gay so he went there if no gay people were there he would have just gone to his next on...

Like I said on my gun post earlier this morning, It's just shameful that this man was allowed to obtain a rifle meant for warfare and heavy police work.

@2320707

I could not disagree more. This is the kind of talk that people use to justify downplaying these things. You know I like you and all but PEOPLE ARE INSANE. These people think their god sent them on a DEATH MISSION to save the world from things some old ancient assholes deemed were unworthy of their perfect society of rape and murder. When one is THAT convinced that something no matter how horrible is the absolute right thing to do, I hate to say this but this is not some random ass crime. Maybe to a clear minded individual yes you don't shoot 50 people for seeing something like that. But fundamentalism is a disease that erodes any sense of logic in the human mind.

@2320754

But being gay MADE THEM A TARGET. People don't realize how much culture corrodes a mind. Grow up surrounded by hatred it boils in you and you become like a little kid fighting over weather batman or superman is cooler. A victory is nonsense but they don't care, They just wanna watch something they don't like burn

@2320760

And you have no proof that it was

@2320770

That's not much to go by. That's just an assumption. You have NO idea how they truly operate. We don't know their plans, we don't know if they didn't simply send him something that said "kill those heathen fags" Gays, Christians, people who draw Mohammed these are all things targeted by this religion's fanatics, all of these people are now more in danger whatever it may be it is a group that a societal failure has now endangered. The one thing that makes me even more pissed is that we in particular are targeted quite often. I recall a hate group running around NYC replying to gay date ads and attacking the guy when they showed up. It's not safe for us to date its not safe for us to walk alone, people make mean comments wherever we go I'm just fucking sick of it. I'm out of high school I do not want to continue to be bullied.

Now we can't even have safe spaces where we can go to get away from that because some fuck with an over powered piece of shit rifle can just bust in and kill us all. It's very unnerving. When I go to lesbian hot spots, I used to feel safe and away from all the fucking shit but now just like movie theaters and schools I will constantly be looking over my shoulder panicking at every god damn loud noise I hear. Add that to my constant fear of being raped or sexually enslaved because I'm female and well staying at home all the time is starting to look PRETTY DAMN GOOD about now

@2320799

That's only because you can't fling a dead rat without hitting a straight person

@2320814

IT is a fucking answer! almost every fucker out there is straight if you're gonna kill someone it'd be hard NOT to kill a straight person. You gotta go out of your way to find us. OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING WAY. WHY DONT PEOPLE SEE THAT!

@2320856

It's like this giant elephant is in the room smashing all the china and people are saying "earthquake"......."Paper Mill Exploding" all these absurd things

@2320860

I hate death. I despise it entirely and I can't believe you would think that's what I'm only ever upset about. The thing is that it was a horrible huge mass shooting the biggest in our history, and it happened in a type of venue I take shelter in from the world. I'm just really scared, This could happen in all those places I thought were safe. I thought no one could carry such a scary looking weapon into a bar without someone calling the cops before he got to the door, I thought if anyone invaded our safe places we'd just all beat them out like at feminist rallies. It's not just about terrorism to me, It hit too close to home. I haven't slept I haven't ate or showered or changed or combed my hair and I'm physically shaking. After all that fear of the few boys who raped me and were never identified now I can't even feel safe surrounded by people like me. IT's different when it happens to your people. I could feel the sadness of 9/11 but never truly feel in harms way afterward, as I know I'd never work in an office building that prestigious. When I heard about columbine as a kid every loud sound scared the shit out of me in school and the more and more shootings that happened at schools the less I felt safe in one. Then the movie theater happened and I no longer feel safe every time the door opens in a theater. And now it's come to my safe space. The space I go to avoid roofies and gropings and religious bastards yelling slurs at me. Where the hell can I go now? Where's my safe place? it just died.

@2320872

IT hasn't before but there were people in my own city who run around beating up gays for jesus's honor. calming down is not going to happen not for a long time. It may be best to just take any cursing with a grain of salt at this point. especially considering my current sleepless state. I'm just mad that people can't see how scary it is to be a minority or disempowered group in this world.

And yet we still do business with UAE who preach this very same rhetoric as ISIS. Hypocracy makes the world go round.

@2320910

IT's just scarier when you're a direct target and not just some possible unlucky guy that could get caught in the wrong place. Same way I'm afraid of being abducted because I'm a young woman. People who've never had to fear that just can't grasp what its like to turn on the news and always see dead woman, stabbed woman, raped woman, robbed woman, missing woman. Its just not easy is all. Sometimes I just wish I could burn down the world, start again, without books telling you who to hate or rape jokes saying hey guys rape is cool!

@2320928

I'm trying. I want to move to California, It's the only place I've been to that just felt very "me". As long as it's not in a ghetto or in the central valley where the most geological issues are, It should be ok. But I've been trying to move for ten years now. NYC is cool but It's cold and devoid of vegetation and it's starting to get unpleasant with all the groping hobos on every block.

@2320938

Me too! I'm almost 30 now and I think its about time I become my own woman like I always talk about. Just go to that place where I truly belong and just do what I love and write and design and play roller derby. Perhaps a computer development company in culver will have me or some movie production needs some extra writers or whatnot. I should dig up my portfolio, The one thing in my life I was ever "the best" at was my writing in college. Everyone would ask for my help or battle over getting me in their group for projects. That's gotta mean something right?

@TomboyJanet IT hasn't before but there were people in my own city who run around beating up gays for jesus's honor. calming...

Homo-phobics using religion to hide their own homosexual cravings. They certainly watch gay people very well, if they hate it so bad why didn't they look away?

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Homo-phobics using religion to hide their own homosexual cravings. They certainly watch gay people very well, if...

They truly are creeps. A sound mind would be able to simply say "that's not my flavor" and move on. You don't have to utterly despise everything you don't like. Just walk away.

@2320986

IT's a shame that people do things a certain way simply because "It was always done this way" or "well my parents taught me it was ok"

@2320730

Who said I agreed with him? I've made my opinions of religions that promote violence and selective hatred of people who've not wronged them VERY clear on here. I've constantly discussed the sexist patriarchal culture of Islam, I've discussed FGM, I've probably mentioned how I agreed with Bill Maher a few years back when he stood against other liberals to condemn religious insanity.

The Fact of the matter is, I don't trust group mentality. I don't do something just because other people like me do. Just cause I agree with many liberal points doesn't mean I'm forced to agree with them all. That is what religious people technically do when they read their texts. The problem is the human mind wants to categorize everything into "either or" them and us this and that, but the world doesn't work that way.

So no I do not agree with him on that point. Any group mentality that calls for harm to others based on nothing more than differences (in opinion, sex, orientation, color WHATEVER) is no better than the Manson cult, the KKK, and the Nazis combined

@2320761

Ok good. I have to apologize for any outbursts that may come out later on I'm actually quite effected by this much more than I thought I'd be

@2320806

All trump did was go na na nuh-boo boo I'm right about muslims

@2320838

And even worse He pretty much looks out for numero uno. He pretty much wants to use America to further his agenda.

Don't get me wrong, I think gays have it tougher than most people. However, even thought this latest act of savagery targeted gays, they typically do not.

@PhilboydStudge Don't get me wrong, I think gays have it tougher than most people. However, even thought this latest act of...

I'm just inking about a new trend maybe copycat killers just like when all those schools got shot up

@PhilboydStudge I certainly hope you're wrong about that.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong. Regardless I'm not crossing the GW bridge for a while. Gonna lay low out of the city. Probably gonna move in a few years anyway the cold is getting to me

As bad as this tragedy is, I don't think there has ever been a "safe" place for gays. From the fear of being tortured and executed during the middle ages, harassed by police in Greenwich during the sixties,and going on with Mathew Shepard's cruel murder in the nineties,

The gay community has always been a target. Just the face of the bully changes.

@dru18 As bad as this tragedy is, I don't think there has ever been a "safe" place for gays. From the fear of being...

Bully's? Is that what we're calling ISIS now? Bully's?

No wonder Obama can't stop them!

@Budwick Bully's? Is that what we're calling ISIS now? Bully's? No wonder Obama can't stop them!

Do you know that someone can be BULLIED to death?

I wasn't referring to the 'Little Rascals' when I used that word.

Obama has put quite a dent in their operations. And that man was not affiliated with any group.

And by the way, Trump is only making things worse. Even the most conservative Republicans are distancing themselves from his remarks.

Only someone as depraved as Trump would use this tragedy as a political "congrats" moment.

@dru18 Do you know that someone can be BULLIED to death? I wasn't referring to the 'Little Rascals' when I used that...

You wrote - "
Obama has put quite a dent in their operations. "

If by that their membership is now bulging at the seams! In 2010 they had about 10,000. Now they number 100,000 + and are spreading across Europe and into the USA.

News Flash DD - ISIS doesn't have membership cards and weekly meetings like the Boy Scouts. It's a radical ideology their instructions are to kill infidels. They don't require encoded messages, slips of paper hidden in a light bulb or other Dick Tracy schemes.

No kidding, you and Obama's Kool-Aid people are such suckers!

@Budwick You wrote - " Obama has put quite a dent in their operations. " If by that their membership is now bulging at the...

"f by that their membership is now bulging at the seams! In 2010 they had about 10,000. Now they number 100,000 + and are spreading across Europe and into the USA."

Then cut off their funding! But that would mean that we might have to go after the Saudis with that one, wouldn't it?

He has taken out quite a few of them.

Once again! THAT MAN was not affiliated with ISIS! He was a lone wolf, who was mentally ill, and a hater of homosexuals.

@dru18 "f by that their membership is now bulging at the seams! In 2010 they had about 10,000. Now they number 100,000 +...

He said he was affiliated with ISIS.
If he said he was a woman - you would have believed that crap. Rather selective DD - very convenient, and poorly thought out. [Hey! You could be president!]

PS-- ISIS headquarters are in Libya, city of Raqqa. You remember Libya, right? That's where the spontaneous uprising occurred on September 11, 2012 inspired by a YouTube video, and the then Secretary of State had failed to increase wanted security and abandoned the Americans there to be tortured and killed.

@Budwick He said he was affiliated with ISIS. If he said he was a woman - you would have believed that crap. Rather...

Yeah, mentally ill people say a lot of things. What's your point? That we suck at treating the mentally ill in this country or we suck at doing something about guns?

I would say both.

The only thing Clinton has shown poor judgement on is backing the regime change in Syria.

@dru18 When wrong,(as you obviously are) play the safe card and insult.

Speaking of the mentally ill, did you see that Loretta Lynch revealed the whole transcript? He pledged his allegiance to ISIS DD. I know, you might need a minute to recover from this one. Perhaps you were hoping he was a Tea Party guy.

@Budwick Speaking of the mentally ill, did you see that Loretta Lynch revealed the whole transcript? He pledged his...

Yeah, I read that, where have you been? He couldn't even get the groups straight. He was sick, Budswick, period.

@dru18 Yeah, I read that, where have you been? He couldn't even get the groups straight. He was sick, Budswick, period.

As is all of ISIS. Would a sane person cage children and start them on fire? Bury dissenters alive? Etc?

@Budwick I thought you were pro-Islam.

When it comes to 'man made religions', I am not "pro" anything.

@dru18 When it comes to 'man made religions', I am not "pro" anything.

Wow, I never in a million years would have thought that someones disbelief would be the topic that brings us closer to agreement than anything else.

The Lord really does work in mysterious ways! Amirite?

@Budwick A member of what?

Of a group of beings who believe that death is just the beginning.

@dru18 Of a group of beings who believe that death is just the beginning.

I see. Well, Have a nice day, (atmna lk ywma tyba) اتمنى لك يوما طيبا

@dru18 Still don't get it, do you?

Of course I do. It just doesn't matter to you what democrats do - you support them and their agenda unflinchingly. It doesn't matter that they screw up world economies, dabble in social engineering, lie their asses off, hate traditional America. Anything they do to gain or control power is OK in your book.

There are no other choices DD. These last two things with Hillary are pretty cut and dry. She phucked up - big time. Made bad, slow decisions in Benghazi that got people killed. Exhibited such poor judgement with the email servers that it's a near certainty that our enemies have everything from her computers for the last five years, threatening our national security.

But, that's good enough for you. I think her supporters are as misguided as she is.

I've seen some people say before this that Homosexuals weren't really attacked, that they weren't really in danger in the US, that it was just words, not "real" damage. It's sad to have such damage to show now.

Sofias avatar Sofia Perhaps +1Reply

Janet - You've missed the point entirely. Yes, we're all assuming the victims were gay - the bigger point is that 50 American citizens were killed - in America. They were killed by an animal inspired by ISIS Islamic terrorism - words the president won't even say! In fact, anyone in his administration is subject immediate dismissal for referencing Islamic Extremism.

This is an Islamic Terror issue.

@Budwick Janet - You've missed the point entirely. Yes, we're all assuming the victims were gay - the bigger point is that...

now terrorism, insane gun shootouts, and hatred have converged all on top of the only kind of environment I ever felt safe in outside an anti-rape event. just how would you expect me to feel and react? I wanna break every homophobe's jaw right now and anyone who tells me to my face that these people deserved it for being sinners I will not describe what I will do to them here because it's inappropriate.

@TomboyJanet now terrorism, insane gun shootouts, and hatred have converged all on top of the only kind of environment I ever...

I see - it's all about you.

I understand. PS- No one said these people deserved anything. (They did do that after Charlie Hebdo though). I suppose you feel much the same as everyone else - shocked, angry, etc. Every American feels the same .

@TomboyJanet Not Westboro Baptist church members

Probably not ISIS either. What's your point?

@TomboyJanet not "every" American.

OK Janet, every American is upset over the massacre EXCEPT for the nine remaining nine members of the Westboro Baptist Church.

To the chickenshit who blocked me but keeps stalking my posts I see you!

@TomboyJanet To the chickenshit who blocked me but keeps stalking my posts I see you!

Incomplete phrases about non-related topics. Yeah, your credibility is soaring! [sarcasm intended]

Sadly no, more Human life will be lost in the name of belief :(

RobertVonniks avatar RobertVonnik People always find excuses to continue their... 0Reply