+22

Even if you stayed with someone after they cheated on you, the fact that it happened would pop up in your mind at inconvenient times and just suck the color out of you for a second. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar Technology
7 19
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Blue said

"My husband had an affair 7 years ago. We had been married for 3 years and I was pregnant at the time, and it was with a friend of mine. Needless to say, I was shattered. I chose to stay because he seemed deeply remorseful and willing to do whatever it took to stay together. We have worked very hard at getting over the affair and moving on with our lives. Now, we have a seemingly nice relationship, we date and take care of each other and our family.However, my advice to any victim of infidelity is this: if you can leave, do it, and don't look back. You will never be able to forget. It will haunt you the rest of your life. It is like having a big black cloud hanging over you. In the midst of incredibly happy moments, the realization that the love of your life defiled your marriage and disrespected you in the worst way will overshadow you, even subconsciously. Leave if you can, even with kids. The bible also states that divorcing after infidelity is OK. I think people that say their marriages are better after infidelity are lying to themselves. Think of it this way, if you had a loyal dog for years that one day mauled you out of the blue, would you trust it or feel safe with it again?"

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +5Reply

I'd just fuck one of their friends to even up the score. I'm joking I'm joking I'll just go with what you said. 乂º‿^乂

Adas avatar Ada Yeah You Are +5Reply
@fuzala LOL Wait I didn't make any suggestions o.o

No I did, LOLZ.

Seriously though I'm sorry to hear what happened it must of been hard particularly when you were pregnant and stuff. 乂

Adas avatar Ada Yeah You Are +2Reply
fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +3Reply
@fuzala Oh no this isn't me It's an experience by a woman who goes by the Alias Blue

Ah, I see... So you're not pregnant? Playing on my emotional heart strings like that. 乂^◡^乂

Adas avatar Ada Yeah You Are +3Reply

I couldn't trust them completely again. I would always have that doubt.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +4Reply

I don't think a person ever really gets over it after they've been cheated on. One may forgive the betrayal but it will never be forgotten. Not to mention the trust issues or lack-of-trust issues that arise because of it.

I sometimes wonder if humans were meant to be monogamous.

I feel like a lot of people have the desire to be with more than one person. I mean I've been in love with one person and wasn't going to break my commitment to them. But I'd be lying if I said I never had the desire to sleep with someone else. I think a lot of people feel this way. Some cheat. Some remain faithful but are too afraid to bring it up. A small portion of couples make it work.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply
@StickCaveman I sometimes wonder if humans were meant to be monogamous. I feel like a lot of people have the desire to be with...

People are probably a mix between polygamists and serial monogamists (where you last with one person for an x amount of time, and then go on to the next)

The thing is that's biology

There's more to us like any other animal influenced by environment

Our social needs have changed faster than biology. We go with monogamy because it's the most stable for raising children according to our social norms right now

Biology or environment or whatever, all the reasons in the world can't always take away the sting of betrayal

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply