-13

Holy symbols, walking in churches, and listening to people talking about God, cause discomfort and pain amirite?

Is it just me or does everyone flinch when they see a holy symbol like the Bible or cross? I'm surprised at the hatred generated by me when I find someone is religious. I find it difficult to walk into churches. I find it painful to listen to people talk about faith and God. This is true for everyone amirite?

Image for post Holy symbols, walking in churches, and listening to people talking about God, cause discomfort and pain amirite?
vegans avatar Religion
2 35
The voters have decided that vegan is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sounds like you have religiophobia. Probably ought to get that checked out. Image in content

@Will_Janitor Sounds like you have religiophobia. Probably ought to get that checked out...

I know I am afraid of Islam, if I see a women in a Burqa my heart rate jumps and I often flinch, then I get angry. The same seems to be true for just any other religious symbol, pagan, Wiccan, Satantic, Hindu, and so forth.

I found it difficult to watch a documentary about native American spirituality. The Aztec rituals really frighten me. The monks ripping out people's beating hearts. Ewwww.

I think I simply hate religion and spirituality.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +1Reply

No, this is not true for everyone. Holy symbols don't bother me, nor does walking in churches, or listening to people talk about any God they believe in.

Sofias avatar Sofia No Way +6Reply
@2385740

I don't get the photo.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2385788

I never understood the other side. How can looking at the symbol of a guy being tortured to death via crucifixion not cause discomfort?

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2385800

I disagree, I am of the opinion being silent benefits the oppressor. I can't stand it when people talk endlessly about their anecdotal evidence and how they found Jesus.

I view religion as evil and the world would be a better place without religion. Militant atheist is best in my opinion.

“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”
― Richard Dawkins

https://www.goodreads.com/autho...ichard_Dawkins

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2386400

I think I understand what your saying, the problem is that some religious people are always pushing their ideas on someone. Just because you personally don't have your idea pushed on you, doesn't mean a 4 year old isn't have religion pushed on him/her.

That's a huge part of my hatred of religion. The pushing of false beliefs on small children.

Just look at Saudi Arabia. Should children be taught that it is okay to kill gays? That women should have to covert up completely and not ride bicycles. That is moral to kill non-believers.

"Detainees, including children, commonly face systematic violations of due process and fair trial rights, including arbitrary arrest and torture and ill-treatment in detention. Saudi judges routinely sentence defendants to floggings of hundreds of lashes.

Judges can order arrest and detention, including of children, at their discretion. Children can be tried for capital crimes and sentenced as adults if physical signs of puberty exist.

Saudi Arabia applies Sharia (Islamic law) as the law of the land. Judges decide many matters relating to criminal offenses pursuant to Sharia in accordance with established rules of jurisprudence and precedent."

You might be okay, so Islam is evil but Christians are fine. I thought this until I started really ripping into Islam, and found of all things Christians standing in my way. Telling me that I should be quiet and not criticize religion.

Then, don't get me started on the entire Christian apologetic defending all religions at the same time against atheists.

"I’m curious: How many of you consider yourselves to be devout Muslims? Let’s see a show of hands. Don’t mean to single anyone out, but not many. Now, you’re all aware, of course, that the Qur’an exists, and claims to be the perfect word of the creator of the universe? You’re aware that once having heard this possibility and rejecting it, you’re all going to Hell, for eternity? I mean, needless to say, Dr. Craig and I are both going to Hell if this vision of life is true. The problem is that everything Dr. Craig has said tonight, with a few modifications, could be said in defense of Islam, in fact has been said in defense of Islam, ok. The logic is exactly the same
"

It is clear to me that Christian and Muslims are in league with each other against Atheists.

https://www.hrw.org/world-repor...s/saudi-arabia
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/...e-craig-harris

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply

If you don't believe in God, Jesus Christ why would you even go into a church?

I find religion extremely creepy. Can't stand the stuff.

Quite the contrary! Holy symbols like the cross give me great comfort! I enjoy visitng churches - the older ones especially. The architecture is amazing, and I love the very essence of holiness found in many of the great buildings. And, I love when people are talking about God! I love to jump in and join the conversation. I guess I just couldn't be more different than the OP.

@Budwick Quite the contrary! Holy symbols like the cross give me great comfort! I enjoy visitng churches - the older ones...

I agree completely. Going into a church is peaceful to me. Although the church I belong to doesn't have any symbols or statues, just a small wooden cross on the communion table, I find it a great source of serenity for me. I guess that's because I'm Christian and love the Lord.

Interesting, how about non-Christian symbols and structures? I find Native American rituals and symbols creepy. Same with Islamic symbols, Egyptian symbols, Hindu symbols, witchcraft symbols, and Satanic symbols.

I'm particularly interested if Satanic symbols give you great comfort or not.

I did not enjoy listening to a Hindu ramble on about Hinduism beliefs.

I just don't see how this is not a creepy picture below:
http://time.com/3972713/detroit...atue-baphomet/

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@vegan Interesting, how about non-Christian symbols and structures? I find Native American rituals and symbols creepy...

Non-Christian symbols? You need to be more specific. I'm not offended by stop signs for example, but I don't hold reverence for them either.

Some secular buildings are interesting. I took a foot tour of Boston once. That was really interesting to see touch and enter some of the places where our forefathers cobbled this great country together.

I've visited old native American sites in Arizona. Not the roadside stands selling rubber tomahawks - I'm talking where they lived - and often died. I'm not native American, but I have respect for them and their culture. I found a place in canyon there, a deep indentation into the canyon wall. To open to be called a cave, too sheltered to not be noticed. I don't know if someone lived there at one time or not. There was soot on the ceiling - maybe from past fires in the space. There were markings and drawings on the walls - left by previous occupants for certain. Whether they were from 1870 or 1970 I don't know. But, I imagined a family living there - and I liked it.

Gosh - who would have guessed your interest in satanic symbols? I don't share your interest.

@2388948

right now in north america it is the left wing exercising that kind of exploitation. not religious groups

@2394580

no its not fire with fire, liberals attack even the normla christian, look at christmas we can;t even say merry christmas any more, we are forced to abide by the lgtb community or we are attacked by the left the list goes on. its abhorent! society will become a better place when the left loose all their grip pon society

@2394853

Mygan, don't be such a Debbie Downer! Whatever the origins of our traditions are - they are traditions! People like decorating their homes, bringing out the old decorations, remembering past celebrations, building the excitement and anticipation for children. I don't think you're going to find many goat roasting pagans in that group.

@2394853

I'm not a fan of pagans either. Their symbols are even more creepy than Christian symbols in my opinion.

http://affluentinvestor.com/201...nnel-ceremony/

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2403002

I find most religious symbols give me discomfort including all three Abraham religions, Buddhist, Hindus, Native American Indian, and many more.

I doubt that I was following Satan when I felt discomfort even when very young.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply