Why is it so damn easy to join this site? (OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AGAIN)

I am sorry folks, but I am so sick of the "newbies". You know the ones I am talking about, the ones who come onto this site (for the first time), and before they even manage to finish their profiles, they start just a blocking. They are the hamsters, the bees, the willows, and all the other 'stale shit stirrers' who have been recycled over and over again. They have already established who the 'ENEMY' is. Really? I joined SH in 2012, five years after it was created, and didn't know a single soul. I participated mostly in political posts,animal posts, and got to know who the players were. Like after a YEAR! And don't even bother with the famous lies. They 'were afraid of being called a sock. (Then stop being a sock!) Or, 'they were watching this site for awhile, before they decided to join.' Who the fuck even does that?

Image for post Why is it so damn easy to join this site? (OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AGAIN)
dru18s avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
7 90
@2386405

I had been called a sock on SH, and it was always from some conservative, while commenting on their post.

But that's the thing, I had actually engaged in SOMETHING.

This site makes it all too easy.

@2386413

I got it left and right. I remember 'Doofie Girl' calling me one. It didn't help matters that I just had SH's lame silhouette as my avatar. LOL!

I told a moderator to take this post down, thought I was being too negative.

But then I messaged him, and said, 'I posted it, I own it.' Let the chips fall where they may.

You have never been a "problem", Tiffanee, on ANY site.

@2386413

I don't have a problem with you on this site... Just in case you're thinking...

@2387351

I might need some time adjusting... But that is not a problem.

@2386402

Management has got to KNOW, that some of these people. are far from being new.

@2386494

Oh wow, that makes perfect sense. I can't understand why someone keeps coming back on a site they don't even like.

@2387303

After what I just read over on the review site,..I think it is them. And they will be back, if they aren't here already.

@2386415

They probably would believe you, but the thing is, they will just pop up again. A hamster today, a cockroach tomorrow.

@2386639

That is the real question, 'how come it is so easy for them to keep coming back on?'

@2387177

Something tells me that is the LAST PLACE I would find the answer.

@2387184

Others are feeling the same way. You might have some company.

@2386786

And always with an attitude towards certain members.

@2387075

Exactly. And the one who started the 'man' rumor is a real winner.

I guess Mugs wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

@2387350

Don't quit! Nothing has to change! Let's just go on as we have before... I don't see why not...

@2387350

Please don't quit.

I have made a friend on this site who is teaching me how to walk away from the bullshit. Not only is he a big help, but it is joyful to meet a 'nice' new person.

That' the kind of thing that keeps me going. For every one ass hole on this site there are ten who are wonderful.

You have a ton of friends, Tiffanee, who are behind you.

@2386642

Yes, but did you think she was behind all of these accounts? It never crossed my mind that she was doing it.

@2387185

Read Gun's reply, and I must sadly agree.

@2386458

Wow - That is a very cool report. Never knew such a thing existed. Thanks for posting. It was like a list of total a$$wipes - and they are all the same person.

@2386458

Oh My God, I never once suspected her, if SHE is even real.

@2387067

Then find out who is behind 'her', and you have your man/woman.

@2387101

LOL! Gone? On Amirite? There is no such thing.

@2387104

You have a point. Maybe it got smarter. Like some kind of alien being, it learned to adapt to it's new environment.

What I don't understand is why not remove the source, instead of all it's baby socks.

@2387114

CT, as I recall, my last post was about politics, not socks.

It is becoming a tiresome problem. And yes, some of us are targeted by these cute little 'foot wear'.

@2387119

"What I don't understand is why y'all can't let it go"

I am demonstrating to you, by mention my last post, that 'socks' are not my main focus. In fact, this is my first post on them.

My last post? 'October's big surprise' A lot of Trump and Putin discussion, but nary a sock. :)

@2387129

I understand the 'no feeding' the troll logic.

One sock made a post about me, three weeks ago, about how I should be thrown off this site.

It's kinda of hard not to take that one personally.

This has been a good post about socks, but it will probably be my last one.

I look forward to writing and engaging in posts about politics.

It's safer. :)

Good question and one that most of us are wondering about. Newbies come on here and right away I'm blocked, they don't even know me unless of course, they've been here before. Then they start making post after post, no new person does that. It takes a while just to find your way around this site or any site. And then they complain because they are treated badly, but yet when asked who has treated them badly, they go on the attack. Geez.

@StarzAbove Good question and one that most of us are wondering about. Newbies come on here and right away I'm blocked, they...

I saw some of that yesterday, if you bothered to question him 'who was attacking him?', you got blocked.

@StarzAbove I haven't checked but I'm probably blocked too.

I didn't even bother to respond to that post. It's the same crap we have all seen before. Remember 'wasp' didn't like how "new members" were supposedly treated. And don't even get me started on the 'rodent'.

@dru18 I didn't even bother to respond to that post. It's the same crap we have all seen before. Remember 'wasp' didn't...

I haven't seen any mistreatment of the newbies, it's just the opposite, some block me when they first arrive, so that proves they had been here before.

@2387131

I saw those comments she made to you.... and had to laugh. lol

@2387136

I reported the hamster and the Bee but Ser didn't believe me, but James did and they are now gone, but you're probably right, she's back again.

@2387145

Maybe he was too busy.

@2387159

Well at least we tried.

@StarzAbove I reported the hamster and the Bee but Ser didn't believe me, but James did and they are now gone, but you're...

I know 'she' didn't believe anyone. Told me to stop stirring the pot, after the wasp got me right in the ass.

@2387409

Report for what? For blocking me right off the bat? That's nothing to report anyone about, but it does raise my antenna.

@2387889

As I told someone earlier into this post, they will only come right back. A hamster today, a cockroach tomorrow.

@2387907

Two of those socks were not only tolerated, but encouraged, and it lasted longer than three weeks. But that was then and this is now. Water under the bridge. :)

@StarzAbove I haven't seen any mistreatment of the newbies, it's just the opposite, some block me when they first arrive, so...

Yeah, if they were smart,(LOL!) they would wait just a tad longer before hitting that blocking button.

What I don't get, is the apparent 'ease' in which they can still get on.

Someone from the inside must be helping them. Now why do I think her name begins with the letter after J?

@StarzAbove I have no idea how they are getting in, but some are being caught just as fast.

What I don't understand, is why throw off a sock? Why is the little sockie's owner not tossed? Especially, when the socks keep breeding.

I think SH threw both off, if I remember correctly.

@StarzAbove I've always wondered that too, go after the root of the problem.

A whole list was provided for this post, which illustrates a problem that got out of hand.

@StarzAbove And I think I have everyone of them blocked.

I have em penned up as well. Not to say that the creating part is over.

And even if that batch of socks is gone, who the heck are the three people who keep coming back on?

@StarzAbove Well I have my suspicions but nothing I can prove. Probably the B again, and the hamster!

Oh crap, I told the rodent to go back on it's wheel, and stuff it's cheeks some more.

Those three 'Muggers' give me a headache.

There was one like that yesterday. Trace some one. A total butt wad. That one I bet get's dumped soon.

@2386919

Thanks for the feedback John.
Very much appreciated.

@Budwick There was one like that yesterday. Trace some one. A total butt wad. That one I bet get's dumped soon.

I saw that and I had to laugh at your comments about your telling her how to block you. lol That was so funny. Did she ever block you? She got snippy with me. lol

@StarzAbove I saw that and I had to laugh at your comments about your telling her how to block you. lol That was so...

Yep - Moments after giving her instruction - I was blocked.

I could still see up-votes notifications on the comment from lots of users. That was rewarding - felt good.

It's all just a bit much.

@Sukiesnow It's all just a bit much.

I am all for a site growing, and hopefully, this one is. I would like to believe it is.

But the pattern on 'some' of these new people is all too familiar.

@dru18 I am all for a site growing, and hopefully, this one is. I would like to believe it is. But the pattern on 'some'...

I know! All those posts when you are new... Spend time commenting and getting to know people, like you did on SH...then jump in with a post...:)

@Sukiesnow I know! All those posts when you are new... Spend time commenting and getting to know people, like you did on...

I joined SH because I was doing research on wolves, and one of their posts on that animal popped up. I couldn't have told you one damn thing about ANYONE on that site.

@dru18 I joined SH because I was doing research on wolves, and one of their posts on that animal popped up. I couldn't...

I joined SH since I responded to a plea from someone who posted it somewhere... I then joined to keep the communication going...and here I am today...ta - da!

@dru18 A plea for help? That's what I loved about that site, it circulated information.

Yes! It was for help and me thinking I'm such a great psychologist...I thought I knew all the right words... We did have a good back and forth... No one else was on that poll...

Yes... It moved information around...system was set up that way... The SodaFeed was helpful...

@Sukiesnow Yes! It was for help and me thinking I'm such a great psychologist...I thought I knew all the right words... We...

Just the fact that you were there for that person, talking to him/her, is what mattered the most. I am sure they never forgot your caring nature.

Yes, I actually thought it was a site that gave a damn.

why? tired of people disagreeing with you?

@Anonymousmouse why? tired of people disagreeing with you?

Disagree with me? You would have to actually 'engage' in a conversation...