+13

The media and social media should stay out of "Brangelina's" divorce. The kids don't need to hear the media talking bad about one parent or the other, amirite?

Image for post The media and social media should stay out of "Brangelina's" divorce.  The kids don't need to hear the media talking bad about one parent or the other, amirite?
NormalNobodys avatar Relationships
2 15
The voters have decided that NormalNobody is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2393145

I understand that aspect, but this is more to do with respect to the kids. They didn't chose that lifestyle. Divorce is hard enough without having it play through the media. Even if the parents do try to isolate them from the onslaught, they have friends who will tell them, ask them questions. My opinion anyway.

NormalNobodys avatar NormalNobody Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2393119

Oh, I know they will. It's unrealistic to think this won't cause a media storm. It's already over the "news". Even though I fail to see how this qualifies as being a legitimate news story.

They are celebrities, of a sort, and they've always been in the headlines. Personally I think they probably would be hurt if the media didn't cover their upcoming divorce. Stars thrive on publicity, whether it be good or bad.

@StarzAbove They are celebrities, of a sort, and they've always been in the headlines. Personally I think they probably would...

Not sure I agree 100%. While publicity is certainly part of the celebrity game, and they all play it, that doesn't mean there entire private lives should be dragged out in public. Even the most public figures need their privacy. So far, I have heard rumors of Angelina saying certain things to the media regarding the divorce, of course, who knows if that's true. I guess time will tell how publicly they WANT the details to be shared. There certainly are celebrities who will do anything, share anything, to keep their name relevant. At the same time, there are many celebrities that don't do that. We shall see.

NormalNobodys avatar NormalNobody Yeah You Are +3Reply

Too bad they want to be paid for being famous-All jobs have certain downfalls. Brad looks a mess with no hair-I don't need to see that baldy ever again.

It's up to the parents to guide their children through the maze of media and what is happening to their family. The parents created this and it's their job to help the kids understand. The media will prostitute themselves for any story that sells.

It beats me why anyone cares. They're just people like you and me. 😴

@cali93 It beats me why anyone cares. They're just people like you and me. 😴

I dunno. Something to take our minds off the election? It's amazing "timing" crs smilie If you catch my drift

NormalNobodys avatar NormalNobody Yeah You Are 0Reply

That won't happen though.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +1Reply

This question has been on page too long

They probably hired a social media consultant to get as much publicity as possible anyway. When it comes to celebrities, it's always all about them. I couldn't care less about who is divorcing who, who is sleeping with who or all about their unhappy lives while making 20 million a movie.

Anonymous