+12

"War on Christmas" Why are people so protective over a holiday that revolves around spending money and being stressed out? Don't give me that whole cheesy movie cliche, "but that's not what Christmas is about!" Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're reminded of that every single year by the same boring movie plot and yet... every year people still get trampled. Not just stepped on, but trampled! So that said, if you're one to get angry because you think people say, "Happy Holidays" because they're afraid of offending others, try fighting for a better cause. Nobody is restricting you from wishing people a Merry Christmas. But when you do, promote the values of love and giving that the holiday is supposedly about, amirite?

StickCavemans avatar
8 30
The voters have decided that StickCaveman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!

Christmas is a testament to shopping. I love shopping. I love sex more but only marginally.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +4Reply
StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply

I love everything about Christmas. It's the best time of the year.

@2431710

I like that it brings my family together.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2431954

I'm fine with it going into full swing right after Thanksgiving but not a second before!

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply

I love it now that I get my grandson
On Christmas Day. We take him out to see all of his cousins that here from out of town. I'm spoiled as I get to have him for every holiday. We call this our special traditions. I only do stockings for my grown kids. I stock them up on all their hygiene products for the year. They love it and I only have to go to one store for it.

I don't care if someone says Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas. I don't get offended by either. If I say Merry Christmas and someone gets offended, I couldn't care less. I have more important things to worry about. I hate Christmas personally. It annoys me. Especially now that I see stores put out Christmas stuff before Halloween.

Is this a question or a rant?

@SmartAZ Is this a question or a rant?

Both. The rant part is mostly me being tired of people talk about how stressed out they are that they have to run around and do all sorts of shopping yet nobody seems to protest it. It's like this thing they thing they're forced to do when it's not. If you don't want to exchange gifts, then don't and make your intentions clear to others.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply
@StickCaveman Both. The rant part is mostly me being tired of people talk about how stressed out they are that they have to run...

We would be better off if people felt like they weren't being forced to give gifts. Exchange gifts if you want to but not because you have to.

I really wish xmas would be cancelled. So much shopping for things nobody wants and getting things i don't much want. I keep telling my sister we should each go buy what we want for oursrlves and show each other the gift they gave us.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I really wish xmas would be cancelled. So much shopping for things nobody wants and getting things i don't much...

The only reason I tell anyone what I want is so they don't get me something I don't want. I keep it simple too because I'm particular about what I wear or use on a daily basis. I'd rather buy most things myself.

Call it what you want and i'll do the same.

Tip...Shop online and you wont get trampled