If you could think of one stand-out sentence to describe this election to your future grandkids...what would it be...?

Image for post **If you could think of one stand-out sentence to describe this election to your future grandkids...what would it be...?**
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
7 28
@2431797

NO KIDDING! For way to long, government has not been afraid of 'we, the people'.

@2431797

Make a post on it Will! And the timing is good....

@2431797

Notice how cleverly persistent I am? Ha. They are coming for you Will...

Proof that the people really do control the government, despite the best efforts of the media and the oligarchs to influence elections the people won out, now let's hope they didn't make the wrong choice.

It has not been narrowed down to just one. I will get back to you when one of those celebrities who promised to leave the country if Trump wins actually does any such thing.

The US came this () close to getting their first female president.

@Sukiesnow The US came this () close to getting their first female president.

I do not understand why anyone would vote for her simply because she is a woman. Not the smartest reason to vote for someone. I do wonder if those who would have voted for her, based solely on that premise, would have voted for Condi Rice. I bet not.

Don't get me wrong and think I'm not for women in positions of power...I think that probably, up to this point in history, that Golda Meir was one of the strongest leaders this world has ever seen.

@beachbum I do not understand why anyone would vote for her simply because she is a woman. Not the smartest reason to vote...

I'm sure it's not the first reason peeps voted for her... But if I was telling my grands about this election...that is one thing I might say...

@Sukiesnow I'm sure it's not the first reason peeps voted for her... But if I was telling my grands about this...

I don't know, Sukie - there are a lot of lemmings out there. After all, it was Madelaine Albright who said there was a special place in hell for women who don't for a woman. Somehow, though, I sure don't see her voting for Condi using the premise she based her comment on.

I'd like to think that women are smarter than that, but I just don't know.

@2431736

Ha ha... I recognize that tone.

There was not enough tissues for all the crying that went on that day

Back then it felt as if there were two Americas, and inhabitants of both couldn't tolerate the other's.

@Sukiesnow Good one... "And there are remnants remaining of that time today..." Lol...

"And that greenish glow to the West... there used to be a city where that glow's coming from. You'll want to avoid that place for say.. the next 20,000 years."

The end of a bad era. No more Clintons. y smilie

Don't get caught in the drama...no president has or ever will destroy America, yes that's still true..even if your side doesn't win..

Now eat your fluorescent oatmeal and shut up..

It was the grand finale of The American Way.

The first time we ever elected a troll doll for president, you could even see the Hasbro tag on his hairpiece! Procede with pnuemonic laughter

It was very exciting,interesting and entertaining.I loved the out come.To all of you who are still crying.grow up.I put up with Obama for 8 yrs. Never once did I protest.

Anonymous