+6

Insurance companies should cover massage therapy

Massage therapy is not covered by most insurance policies, yet the list of benefits is long indeed:
Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation,
Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness,
Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy,
Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments,
reduces pain and swelling,
reduces formation of excessive scar tissue,
Reduces muscle spasms,
Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion,
Enhances athletic performance,
Treats injuries caused during sports or work,
Promotes deeper and easier breathing,
Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids,
Reduces blood pressure,
Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain,
Enhances the health and nourishment of skin,
Improves posture,
Strengthens the immune system,
Treats musculoskeletal problems,
Post operative rehabilitation,and
Rehabilitation after injury.

Image for post Insurance companies should cover massage therapy
JerryHendricksons avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
3 30

I agree. Many insuraces DO cover ciropacty. They maybe can help some, im not one of them. But massage therapy? It is truly thrapudic, it can help so much. Pharmacutical co.,s, insurance giants, mefical monopolies, they would rather you go for a pill, or an expensive pain relieving injection or procedure. Been thru it all. Ivwas one of their victims.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Oh, yeah!

Almost all insurance companies in Canada do. It's only small places with a few staff that don't... I don't know anyone who doesn't have mt covered.

@JerryHendrickson Can Canadians come to the U.S. and still be covered?

Sure...if they go to the US for a company...

But the US is v stingy about benefits. A woman practically has to have a baby and then run back to work a week or less later... In Canada...women can get up to 1 year of mat leave if they wish.

@Sukiesnow Sure...if they go to the US for a company... But the US is v stingy about benefits. A woman practically has to...

I agree; my insurance company charges me over $20,000 a year and doesn't even cover dental. Obama really screwed me on that one let me tell ya. I get a massage every week because I found a therapist who is willing to do weekly exchanges. My life is far better because of it. You've got it made! How often can you get an insurance covered massage?

There should be no insurance companies. It is a scam. Universal health care is needed. As for car, life, home insurance? It is a form of gambling and should be treated as such.

@VicZinc There should be no insurance companies. It is a scam. Universal health care is needed. As for car, life, home...

Your comment makes no sense.
"There should be no insurance companies. It's a scam."
Then you propose that government become an insurance company! That IS indeed a scam.

@VicZinc Not an insurance company, a single payer.

It's nationalized government insurance performing or trying to perform the function of an insurance company.

It's not the function of government. They don't sell pizza either - so don't get any ideas.

@Budwick It's nationalized government insurance performing or trying to perform the function of an insurance company. It's...

Not really the same. They don't have to use actuarial science to determine rates.

Either way, the US is one of very few governments that don't. So don't say its not the function of government. What you mean is it's nota governmental function you personally support.

@VicZinc Not really the same. They don't have to use actuarial science to determine rates. Either way, the US is one of...

No, I mean it's not a function of government. I don't give a shit what other governments do. OUR government is guided by the Constitution. NO health care crap in there - none.

@Budwick No, I mean it's not a function of government. I don't give a shit what other governments do. OUR government is...

The constitution explicitly states what the government cannot do:

• take away my guns
  • force me to worship a nasty god
  • search or seize
  • etc
    No where does it say they cannot provide for the welfare of my fellow citizens
@VicZinc The constitution explicitly states what the government cannot do: take away my guns force me to worship a nasty...

Check the 10th Amendment Vic. I've told you dozens of times - take the class at Hilldale!

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791. It expresses the principle of federalism, which strictly supports the entire plan of the original Constitution for the United States of America, by stating that the federal government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the United States Constitution. All remaining powers are reserved for the states or the people.

@Budwick Check the 10th Amendment Vic. I've told you dozens of times - take the class at Hilldale! The Tenth Amendment...

I appreciate your knowledge and I respect it.

I don't really want to take a course as I have found over the last 60 years that when I think for myself I avoid the pitfalls of assuming that someone else's ideas are better than my own.

I will grant that the constitution doesn't allow the federal government to require national health care. Too bad it doesn't because it's a good idea.

@VicZinc I appreciate your knowledge and I respect it. I don't really want to take a course as I have found over the last...

What a sad, sad point of view. Without even attempting to learn anything - you've reached the pinnacle of your life - whoopee. You'll never learn any more than you already think you know.

@Budwick What a sad, sad point of view. Without even attempting to learn anything - you've reached the pinnacle of your...

Interesting point of view. So parroting what others teach is preferable to reading, researching, discussing, experimenting, and experiencing for myself.

That's why you know so much.

@VicZinc Interesting point of view. So parroting what others teach is preferable to reading, researching, discussing...

Which is 180* opposite of what you first said.

Take the Hillsdale class - read, research, discuss, experiment and experience.

Vic, there are 11 year olds that know more than you about the Constitution. You could get off your high horse, be thankful that someone pointed out an opportunity to take a free college class from a respected institution - but being an arrogant, condescending prick is another way.

@Budwick Which is 180* opposite of what you first said. Take the Hillsdale class - read, research, discuss, experiment and...

I might not know anything but I suspect that the constitution gives the right to interpret itself to the SCOTUS and not to Hilldale or you.

And I suspect that when insurance companies made the decision to cross states lines they moved the discussion away from the 10th Amendment squarely back to Article 1.

So unless you and your small government mentors can figure a way to frame medical coverage as a non-commercial enterprise I suspect the courts won't even bring the 10th Amendment up.

Ask any 11 year old.

@VicZinc I might not know anything but I suspect that the constitution gives the right to interpret itself to the SCOTUS and...

Yes of course - interpretation.

So, your interpretation of;

"To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states,and with the Indian tribes:"

Means to allow Congress to force it's citizens to buy health insurance!

I'll tell you what, I'll call Hillsdale myself, arrange an emergency application and student entry for you.

@Budwick Yes of course - interpretation. So, your interpretation of; "To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and...

I'll tell you what, when you are nominated to the supreme court I will take you up on it.

As usual my 'interpretation' is that it is not up to me to make that decision while you 'interpret' that some expert told you the answer.

@VicZinc I'll tell you what, when you are nominated to the supreme court I will take you up on it. As usual my...

And you trust your 'wild ass guess' more than expert opinion.

HOWEVER - you would suspend that colossal stupidity IF by some chance I'm appointed to the Supreme Court.

I think we're done here.
Well, I am.

Insurance companies could offer massage therapy as an option I suppose. You know, something you would pay extra for.

But, realistically, I don't see many doctors prescribing massage therapy. I think most doctors hold massage and chiropractic in the same category as witch doctors and voo-doo.

And, if we get to prescribe the treatment for ourselves, people will be people and take advantage, driving costs higher for insurance companies and rates up generally.

Sorry Jerry, I don't think it will work.

@Budwick Insurance companies could offer massage therapy as an option I suppose. You know, something you would pay extra...

Pay extra? I'm paying 20 grand a year for health insurance. Not pay extra is more like it. They're ripping us off and giving us next to nothing in return.

@JerryHendrickson Pay extra? I'm paying 20 grand a year for health insurance. Not pay extra is more like it. They're ripping us...

For $20 K a year you should be able to visit your massage therapist daily if wanted - happy ending included!

I've already discounted Obamacare in my mind. We'll be back to something more normal soon - I'm pretty sure. Once we've returned to the real world, your cost should reduce dramatically, and the other stuff will be ala carte. [I don't know, just guessing]

@Budwick For $20 K a year you should be able to visit your massage therapist daily if wanted - happy ending included! I've...

It was 12 grand before Obama decided that we have to pay for everyone else too. Heck we're just slightly upper middle class; he said that the only people whose rates would go up are the rich.

@JerryHendrickson It was 12 grand before Obama decided that we have to pay for everyone else too. Heck we're just slightly upper...

ACA has been such a rip off for so many. I don't know how they're going to fix it - but it needs to be reigned in.