Anonymous Posting: There is nothing wrong with posting anonymously, and it is fine with management. Most of us don't have a problem with it unless it is used to stir the pot and cause trouble. What some people don't understand is when a person is blocked and they have been posting anonymously, then the person who blocked that poster can't post on the anonymous posts. That tells all of us that the person blocked was also the person posting anonymously. The post itself remains up, it just lets people know who that anonymous poster was. No big deal!

I hope this clears things up.

Image for post Anonymous Posting:   There is nothing wrong with posting anonymously, and it is fine with management.   Most of us don't have a problem with it  unless it is used to stir the pot and cause trouble.   What some people don't understand is when a person is blocked and they have been posting anonymously, then the person who blocked that poster can't post on the anonymous posts. That tells all of us that the person blocked was also the person posting anonymously.  The post itself remains up, it just lets people know who that anonymous poster was.   No big deal!
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
12 89
@2445587

I agree John, when posting anonymously I feel they have something to hide, or they are ashamed of their posts.

@2445625

Exactly. I'm not ashamed of my posts, plus I want to converse with those replying.

What I've found funny is I've noticed an anonymous poster was talking on her own post. lol I wondered why she just didn't use her own name on the post. lol We do have some weird people on this site.

Riight. Still don''t see the point of continuous Anons.

@StarzAbove I don't either, but management seems to approve it.

There needs to be some restrictions...like you can use the Anon feature with a limit of 5 times...

@Sukiesnow There needs to be some restrictions...like you can use the Anon feature with a limit of 5 times...

That might work. Remember when someone was posting anon 10 to 15 posts a day. That was ridiculous.

@StarzAbove That might work. Remember when someone was posting anon 10 to 15 posts a day. That was ridiculous.

And Justin was taken over for 2 hours by Anons...usually at an hour when they figured everyone was sleeping...

@StarzAbove That's why some of us get upset with the anon posts.

Oh, I did, too...once in awhile...usually at 3 in the morning when I couldn't sleep and thought I'd kill some time on AM...ha...either that or there was Billy...ha.

Agreed! Though I'll never post anonymously as close people will know me just by word choice and interests, I still won't complain about it. If the anon is a troll, I ignore them!

I truly couldn't care less if someone wants to post anonymously. I'm an adult and if it is someone trying to stir the pot, I can walk away. I don't care that someone may not want to have a conversation with me concerning their post. That is their prerogative. My ego isn't that big. It is completely baffling to me why anyone really cares. It's like tv. If you don't like the show, or something about it irritates you, you change the channel. Same concept. I've been on social media long enough to know that there are trolls. They will never fade away. So it is up to me to feed them or not. If someone doesn't feel comfortable with posting something using their real name, I'm not the one to be judging them on their subject matter or their opinion. I honestly don't get why people care. If it is someone I have blocked or that has blocked me, why on earth would I want to answer anything they post anyway? I say everyone should just not sweat the small stuff. Seriously, why does a name make it any better? I've always wondered about that. hmm smilie

@JPMatthews I truly couldn't care less if someone wants to post anonymously. I'm an adult and if it is someone trying to stir...

Most of us don't have a problem with it, like was mentioned in the explanation. But when they post to cause trouble, then some of us want to know who is causing the problems. It's not easy to walk away when someone is deliberately trying to bring this site down, and that has happened in the past, when 10 to 15 anon posts went up in one day.

Thanks for your opinion.

@StarzAbove Most of us don't have a problem with it, like was mentioned in the explanation. But when they post to cause...

I completely understand your point. I wasn't directing anything at you StarzAbove. Please don't take it that way. sad smilie

@JPMatthews I completely understand your point. I wasn't directing anything at you StarzAbove. Please don't take it that way.

I wasn't offended, I appreciated your opinion, and glad you spoke your mind. I wish more would do so.

At one time the anon posts were really bad. I remember for a couple of weeks someone was posting about 4 to 5 pages of anon posts and it took forever just to scroll through and get a good question. But management finally stepped in and they stopped. That's why most of us don't like the anon posts. Plus before you came on this site, anon replies were allowed to reply and that was really bad.

You're not on AM that much and haven't been here v long. And, again...you don't post. We're talking apples and oranges, hon.

@Sukiesnow You're not on AM that much and haven't been here v long. And, again...you don't post. We're talking apples and...

Sorry "hon". My opinion counts as much as anybody else's. And I'm here enough to know a little bit. You don't have to share my opinion. I don't require that.

@JPMatthews Sorry "hon". My opinion counts as much as anybody else's. And I'm here enough to know a little bit. You don't have...

What I meant was you weren't always around when it really bothered people on here...and when you post it can be a bit annoying...some Anons would post about 20 questions on Justin and it would hold everyone up...

@Sukiesnow What I meant was you weren't always around when it really bothered people on here...and when you post it can be a...

No problem. I've been on many social media sites. This particular thing is not exclusive to amirite. It just doesn't bother me. My time is more important than to worry about such things. But that's just me.

I normally don't care for anonymous - people can post and I can ignore it if I don't find the post interesting. But there is some that are just pure hate (which sometimes I answer) or obviously trolls. The only reason I want to know who it is, is to block them. If I want to deal or listen to stupid or childish people, I already know some in real life.

Yeah, it's been made pretty clear by a senior administrator, that posting anonymously is "fine".

I don't think posts singling out another member to insult are "fine", whether they're done anonymously or not. I suspect most people do realize, that blocking or being blocked means you can't see that person's post anymore unless you're logged out. I think that was the point of a recent question, that has since disappeared.

@Piper2 Yeah, it's been made pretty clear by a senior administrator, that posting anonymously is "fine". I don't think...

And that person was a sock, she's gone! She falsely accused me of doing exactly what she had done. Good riddance to a miserable person.

I've never commented to you or anyone about her cat being murdered. You have me confused with someone else. I do remember you posting anon and to be sure, I blocked your account and then I couldn't post on the anon posts in question. That's how a person can find out who is posting anon. Then I unblocked you, because I wasn't mad at you, I just wanted to know who was doing the posting, you denied it, but I had proof. So I stand by what I've said above.

I tried the sock puppet thing once. I got about three posts and somebody said "Hey, you sure sound like SmartAZ!"

@SmartAZ I tried the sock puppet thing once. I got about three posts and somebody said "Hey, you sure sound like SmartAZ!"

People usually can tell who the socks are and who they belong too. We are a smart bunch on here. lol lol

@2447080

I usually bypass the anon questions, but when I'm falsely accused of something then I will reply. It would be a good idea and maybe solve a problem if we could block an anon poster. Problem solved.

@2447124

I know. It didn't get her anywhere, did it? lol

Except a boot and her friend went with her, another sock.

@2447116

I agree John, I wish there was a way that a sock could be stopped before they are allowed on this site.

@2447369

Am I gonna have to referee you two again? lolbackoff smiliehehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

@2447403

lol That graphic cracks me up. lol

@2447115

She just wanted to cause trouble, she got trouble alright, her comments just made management look more closely at her and she was booted.

Even when it was proven that she was the anon poster, she kept denying it, lol She falsely accused me of exactly what she was doing. lol I have never posted anonymously, I'm not ashamed of my posts, and I want to reply to any comments that appear on my posts.

@2447126

I know you did. Some people just don't understand the word nice.

@2447365

I'm sure that broke your heart. lolno smilie

@2447367

Here's some flowers to make you feel better. lolz

It doesn't always work Starz. I remember when me and Dru were on less than friendly terms and you claimed I posted something about Dru's cat being murdered. You did the same thing and got it, quite honestly, badly wrong

Anonymous