Have You Ever Had To Deal With Someone In Your Life Who Developed A Crush Turned Unhealthy Fixation On You?: The More You Avoided Them The More They Persisted?

Sir_Whatzs avatar Religion
8 32

There are loose cannons out there who just don't won't take "no" as an acceptable stance to their unwanted advances

Yes. What a nightmare.

Yes, and it got very scary.

@Sir_Whatz How was it finally resolved?

My Uncle who is a cop talked to him....and never saw him again. lol

It's a tough question... Sometimes it's about neediness, Whatz. I've been through what I think your talking about both ways...

Hate to admit it but I've been needy before...it almost feels as if it's out of your control...you know what's happening isn't a good idea but nevertheless you can feel frozen...and the more you know they don't like it...it snowballs...panic doesn't help either...

Talking does...reassurance does...and breathing...

@Sukiesnow It's a tough question... Sometimes it's about neediness, Whatz. I've been through what I think your talking about...

and I, too, know what you're talking about. I'm trying to measure how far the scale of denial needs to tip before it clicks in the pursuer's head that their advances are unwanted and unappreciated.

@Sir_Whatz and I, too, know what you're talking about. I'm trying to measure how far the scale of denial needs to tip before...

I'm assuming you don't want 2 B friends with this person...so there is no point in being "nice" about it...and I gather you've done all the things you "should" do...like talk to them...

You can continue as you go along...making you feel more and more awful...'cause that's not you...or well...here's a thought...

What about reverse psychology? Embrace them into your life...cling to them like Saran Wrap...never leave their side... I give it a week, tops...

Ppl don't always remember reverse...it does work, but it's not easy to prepare to do...

@Sukiesnow I'm assuming you don't want 2 B friends with this person...so there is no point in being "nice" about it...and I...

Not with this woman. She's 50-something, on the prowl, and looking for a man and she has set her sights on me.

@Sir_Whatz Not with this woman. She's 50-something, on the prowl, and looking for a man and she has set her sights on me.

Good God... But she knows...you are...And you've been with other people around her? Do you exude loneliness around her? Or someone that needs taking care of...yep that's probably it...ha...

@Sukiesnow Good God... But she knows...you are...And you've been with other people around her? Do you exude loneliness around...

I put up a wall around her. She one of these types that tends to force herself onto people and into situations not stopping to ponder whether she's welcome or not.

@Sir_Whatz I put up a wall around her. She one of these types that tends to force herself onto people and into situations not...

How long has it been going on? If she does this with everyone...what is the history...of how long this lasts? Does she pick on gays?

@2445716

So how did it end up, P?

Oh I had send him a singing telegram (police officer) but he still didn't get it. So I had the court send him a love letter (restraining order)...he still didn't get it... so my friends paid him a visit...he finally got the message to leave me alone biggrin smilie

Nope people usually know how i feel without me saying much. Has that happened to you?

No, that's never happened to me.

Anonymous