Do you know someone whose mind has a default setting? I know someone who //Always thinks about money...//

Mention anything...Anything... "Oh look the trees aren't green anymore..." and they will think about money... "What are you doing tonight?" ...and they will think about money... Some ppls default setting is sex... Say something like: "Say...isn't it hot out there...?" ...and they will think about sex... Do you know someone who has a mind with a default setting like that? This type of person is both difficult and easy to be with...

Image for post **Do you know someone whose mind has a default setting?** //I know someone who //Always// thinks about money...//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
10 21

I know someone that always thinks whatever is happening is related to them. Does that counts?

@Sofia I know someone that always thinks whatever is happening is related to them. Does that counts?

Oh yeah... The egocentric. Nothing ever really happens untill it happens to them... You had a B&E at your apt last year? So sad... They had one this year... Now that was something...you should have heard the police coming to the rescue...the entire building came out in support...etc....etc...

@Sukiesnow Oh yeah... The egocentric. Nothing ever really happens untill it happens to them... You had a B&E at your apt last...

That's just how it is, "nothing ever really happens until it happens to them". Yes the b&e at me apartment block, the guy broke into my neighbours room at night time but she's a former Australian boxing champion and knocked him out with a single punch. The ambulance we're taking him out with a broken nose while the police were clapping as she was escorted out, visibly shaken.

Most males, especially the younger ones, have a default setting.

Yes, I have a close relative that does that with religion... just as you've described. They don't get invited to dinner parties very often. I know many that do it with politics and football. Default settings like this suggest an obsessive compulsive behaviour.

@OzSurfer Yes, I have a close relative that does that with religion... just as you've described. They don't get invited to...

Yes...also...how can they be involved in normal relationships?
There is always that "somethng, something..." In the background.... Who wants to share their relationship with someone else?

One might think that a billion dollar bill would be a lovely green/blue colour....ha...or is there really such a thing? A billion dollar bill...

@Sukiesnow Yes...also...how can they be involved in normal relationships? There is always that "somethng, something..." In...

The one's I've come across can't hold a normal relationship because it controls them rather than them controlling it. I think also for some, it's an escapism that's got out of control.

Yes I know someone like that, my sister-in-law.

I've known several different types. One is completely obsessed with her looks and what men think of her. Another was so absorbed with making a quick fortune that he could talk of nothing else. These people are missing out on the good stuff happening every day.

@JanHaskell I've known several different types. One is completely obsessed with her looks and what men think of her. Another...

Oh yes... I've met those types, too. The one obsessed with their looks...you feel just like you're an adjacent mirror...there to applaud...it's easy but how will they be once they fall on their face? You don't want to be around to find out....

The person who seeks a fortune...that is more frustrating...you keep hoping the light will dawn...everything they come up with is more or less a scam...you try to mention this...but it doesn't get through....this person is okay if you are financially stable yourself...but if you are struggling as well..you wish they didn't exert their influence on you...since you are particularly vulnerable right now...

YES-- my own

when all else fails drink microbrew

My sister is consumed by not consuming gluten. Its like.....i get it.

I'm on the one trillion dollar note, but you can't see my face because I'm throwing up in a toilet.

I have known some people whose entire minds were defaulted. They would say "X XX X XXX!" and every "X" would have a meaning all its own. For instance I was chatting with a young fellow and he suddenly said "YOU'RE A LIBERTARIAN!" I had never heard the word before, and he couldn't explain what it meant. But whatever it was, I was one!

Send me 20 bucks and I will tell you all about it

what do you mean kiddo

Anonymous