+11

Do you make a good stuffing? Forget about the turkey...it's the stuffing that's key... Where's Jerry when you need him?

Image for post **Do you make a good stuffing?** Forget about the turkey...it's the stuffing that's key... //Where's Jerry when you need him?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 24
@StarzAbove Yes I do.

And...a tip for the rest of us might be...? :)

@Sukiesnow And...a tip for the rest of us might be...? :)

I keep my stuffing very moist, and this past Thanksgiving I made oyster dressing as well. Yummy.

@StarzAbove I keep my stuffing very moist, and this past Thanksgiving I made oyster dressing as well. Yummy.

Now does a drsg go on top of the stuffing...like a gravy?... And yes I think the stuffing needs to be kept moist...ours is mostly dry...

@Sukiesnow Now does a drsg go on top of the stuffing...like a gravy?... And yes I think the stuffing needs to be kept...

When preparing it, I use lots of broth, that keeps it moist. I never put gravy on dressing, it might be good though.

I usually stuff the turkey and that keeps it moist as well, and then do a side dish of oyster dressing.

@Sukiesnow Now do you serve cranberry with that?

A family member brings a cranberry/jello dish. But I don't eat it.

We have the usual Turkey dinner.

@StarzAbove A family member brings a cranberry/jello dish. But I don't eat it. We have the usual Turkey dinner.

I love the cranberry dish...but I don't eat it with the rest of my meal...never seemed to fit in with me...

Perhaps if Cranberry was part of the dessert...yea...then I could see it as being part of the Turkey meal.

@Sukiesnow I love the cranberry dish...but I don't eat it with the rest of my meal...never seemed to fit in with...

Cranberries are always served in one way or the other, it complements the turkey. But I like just a taste of it.

People seem to enjoy mine. It's nothing fancy, just cornbread stuffing, but I cook it inside the turkey. I bake the portion that doesn't fit in its own pan, but I always mix in some of the juice from the turkey first. When everything is done, I combine all of the stuffing together.

At our place...everyone heads for the stuffing...which, incidentally, could be better...halp.

@2446276

Thanks Will!

You are right. A little turkey but stuffing with lots of gravy is the key to the whole day!chew smilietongue smilie

@2456891

Tender and juicy... (Sigh) you are just too young... Hurry and grow up, Thibault!

Anonymous