WTF... ಠ_ಠ

Sooo...today on You Tube I had a person reasoning his claim that there was no racism in the republican party with saying Abraham Lincoln was a Republican...just that, nothing else. Forget about the parties, and just focus on his reasoning, because that's the problem. And since I've seen people here saying similar things, I'm addressing the subject - that's not proof, period. One's actions doesn't dictate everyone's actions, that's a fact. It's actually simple logic. Just like not every republican is racist because of Trump calling himself Republican, the same stands with them not being racist just because Lincoln was a Republican. That reasoning has no ground, so please, stop using it. You want to say Republican or Liberals aren't racist? Start by not generalizing. There is no "They all are insert insult/compliment" - there will be exceptions.

Image for post WTF... ಠ_ಠ
Sofias avatar
2 15
@2447109

I don't see how that changes anything of what I said. It doesn't stop being racism and inhumane, even if some people thought it was funny or entertaining.

@2447109

Am I not understanding something here? I don't see how what you're saying agree or disagrees with what I'm saying. Cutting it short what I'm saying with the post is "your reasoning makes no sense. One candidate of your party not being consider racist doesn't dictate everyone in your party as the same, just like one being racist doesn't dictate as everyone of that party also racist".

It doesn't matter what people thought back then - it's people now that see Lincoln as not racist, seeing as what he did in his lifetime, and try to use his existence as proof that republicans are not racist. That doesn't stand as proof. That reasoning is wrong, and I think people need to stop generalizing when they're speaking of facts or claims. They'll be wrong, simple as that.

I'm not so sure what the complaint is.

Democrats clearly has less regard for Negroes than republicans back in Lincolns day. It's a fact - not an insult. No one assumes that every person had the exact same viewpoint on every single topic known to man - that's pretty naive.

I particularly like the closing sentence - "There is no "They all are insert insult/compliment" - there will be exceptions."

@Budwick I'm not so sure what the complaint is. Democrats clearly has less regard for Negroes than republicans back in...

No offence, but as I said before I'm not interested in speaking of politics with you. Even if I make a post about it, I'm still not interested in speaking about the subject with you.

That being said, I don't understand how you don't understand what the topic is about. It's written on the explanation - it's not the parties, or the ignorant claim. It's the back-up argument for it, which made even less sense than the claim. If people want to prove some point, not making sense it's not the way.

Anyway, thanks.

@Sofia No offence, but as I said before I'm not interested in speaking of politics with you. Even if I make a post about...

You are welcome Sofia.

No one obligated you to converse - it was your choice.

If you truly don't understand, not talking about is a sure way to make sure you never do.

@Budwick You are welcome Sofia. No one obligated you to converse - it was your choice. If you truly don't...

I responded because I thought you might want an answer to your comment - as I don't intend to speak with you on political topics, I thought it was better to let it be clear, as I wasn't sure you remembered what I said before or not.

What I don't understand is how you don't understand, when the answer to what you don't understand is already there on the explanation. Conversing with you on the topic won't change this.

@2447079

Just because they didn't have a name for it, it doesn't it didn't existed. Label or no label, there was indeed racism back then.

Anonymous