What was the hardest Christmas present you had to wrap? Mine was a tent....yikes!!!!

Image for post What was the hardest Christmas present you had to wrap?   Mine was a tent....yikes!!!!
StarzAboves avatar Holidays & Birthdays
14 74
@2447402

I have wrapped just about everything, even put a big red bow on our new car. lol lol

@2447402

Not even a wedding present or shower gift?

@2447513

lol I would have loved to have seen what that looked like when you finished. lol

@2447513

If you can't disguise it...throw a ribbon on it...baptize it...and call it a day.

A puppy!

He was hidden in the one of the downstairs bathrooms, and presented with a red ribbon tied in a bow around his neck.

@2447518

Yes, they are not exactly the quietest animal, especially when they experience their first night away from their litter.

But they are soooo worth it. :)

@dru18 A puppy! He was hidden in the one of the downstairs bathrooms, and presented with a red ribbon tied in a bow...

Santa brought our kids a puppy once. He stayed at their Grandmothers house until Christmas Eve, we brought it home, put a red ribbon on him, on Christmas morn the kids were so excited. And so was the puppy, he peed on the carpet three or four times. lol

@StarzAbove Santa brought our kids a puppy once. He stayed at their Grandmothers house until Christmas Eve, we brought it...

Nothing better than puppies with young children. They were made for one another.

LOL! Yes, there are the messes. But like I said, they are worth it.

@dru18 Nothing better than puppies with young children. They were made for one another. LOL! Yes, there are the messes...

That dog turned out to be a real problem. lol He chewed up everything, even the garden hose. lol

@StarzAbove That dog turned out to be a real problem. lol He chewed up everything, even the garden hose. lol

They do like their chewing, but usually grow out of it....you hope.

Typically, shoes, books, and plants were fair game in my house. Even a few album covers had gnaw marks on them.

@dru18 They do like their chewing, but usually grow out of it....you hope. Typically, shoes, books, and plants were fair...

He never did, even got in the garden and tore up all the corn stalks. lol Somehow he got out of the back yard, which was fenced and that was the last we saw of him.

@StarzAbove He never did, even got in the garden and tore up all the corn stalks. lol Somehow he got out of the back yard...

Wow. He was a habitual chewer. Nothing was off limits to him. LOL!

Oh, I am sorry. Some dogs, the minute they get out of a yard, they just bolt.

@dru18 Wow. He was a habitual chewer. Nothing was off limits to him. LOL! Oh, I am sorry. Some dogs, the minute they get...

Yes he was, we thought he was going after the car tires next. lol

The yard was fenced in but someone...never did find out who...left the gate open and he was gone. We always thought my sister, who lived next door, did it. lol

Our next dog was just the opposite. A good dog from the start, and lived to be 17 years old.

@2447475

I take it wasn't in a box? lol

A bowling ball and carrier bag, probably.

Ha ha...There's no way of wrapping awkward items...best thing is to have them close their eyes...and then open them...

My parents used to sometimes hide gifts when we were young...and give us guidance...noooo...to your right...more to your right...look up! damnit...lol...

Normally it's the toys. If stuff don't come in boxes, it can be difficult.

@Sofia Normally it's the toys. If stuff don't come in boxes, it can be difficult.

Toys would be hard to wrap, but the toys my kids got were from Santa and Santa never wrapped anything. It would be very hard to wrap a ping pong table or a pool table. lol

Mine was also a a tent... but of a different nature wink smilie

But of normal gifts, the hardest would of be how to wrap a new comfy lazy-boy recliner... I wanted to completely wrap it. smile smilie

@StarzAbove Wow, that would be a very hard thing to wrap. How did it turn out?

Yeah, it wasn't completed. It was tough and I ran out a roll out of wrapping paper when I was about 85% complete. An arm was still sticking out and the person that was getting the chair was coming... they found it funny and told me to leave it like that. So I did.

@StarzAbove lol Excuse me for laughing, you painted a very funny picture. lol

No excuse needed, it was funny and kinda stupid... the wrap job looked horrible... but I didn't know how to wrap it...

Lucky it was for a family member and they just liked the effort...

@2447562

Oh Zolfie...there are children on this site. Children!

hehe smilie

@Sukiesnow Oh Zolfie...there are children on this site. Children!

I haven't noticed many active children on here. And when I was a teen, most teens knew about this problem, heck teenager is one of the worse times for it because guys and just starting to have the problem and may not yet know how to handle it.... errr I mean solve the problem.

@Sukiesnow Sooooo...what would be a good way to solve it...

Good question... but as you said "there are children on this site. Children!"

So maybe it wouldn't be best to say the solutions in public areas tongue smilie.

@Sukiesnow What's a tent of a "different nature?"

Well sometimes a guy makes a tent, he can't always control it, nor can he always hide it, or wrap it up. Maybe the pictures will help explain this type of tenting.

@Zolfie Well sometimes a guy makes a tent, he can't always control it, nor can he always hide it, or wrap it up. Maybe the...

Tee hee... That must be embarassing....

So tell me...if you're slow dancing with a guy and he does a Will Ferrell...he's trying to tell you...huh...n'huh...okay...

It just seems easier to say "Wanna Fuck?"

@Sukiesnow Tee hee... That must be embarassing.... So tell me...if you're slow dancing with a guy and he does a Will...

It can be seriously embarrassing... some of the time it can be exciting as well... but awkward and upsetting are the worst...

Hmm I've never slow danced with a guy, so I wouldn't know...

As for the straight forward approach... that works very well with some, but not with all... and it upset some.

When I was married, my wife complained that my presents were not wrapped well enough to suit her. So I went to the library and looked up a trick to fold a box out of paper. And that was what she got next Christmas. I'm not married any more.

Every year there is something that is too big or weird to wrap at all. I usually keep a pretty laindry bag from dollar tree in my xmas wrap. You can fit almost anything into that and dress it up with ribbons.

Most tents come in a box when you brought it.

After drinking a bottle of tequila...every gift was hard to wrap...especially when you forgot where to put the tape

Anonymous