If indeed russia influenced the election by hacking, is trumps win legitimate??

Carlas avatar Internet & Apps
7 68

No, it wouldn't be.

But he is so disqualified on so many levels, that would only be just one more.

Not all votes are on paper. But...i was talking about all of the hacked emails, which he publically called on russia to hack. None of trumps campaign members were hacked. Which by elemination speaks to what was the intention. Even if it was not a factor in the outcome, the interference on its own, is a disqualifier. So much of this would be unacceptable just a very few years ago. This whole election has so cheapened the office. As was said...two years ago he was on a reality show with snookie. Line up the distiguished images of our presidents from washington to obama in childrens classrooms Then there will be an image of an orange haired and orange faced clown. That in itself turns my stomache

@2447627

You are right, my expectations are low. But dd_ixon18 is correct. The above mentioned actor and peanut farmer had experience. And the peanut farmer? He has spent his after potus life devoting himself to the underprivaleged. I worked with his wife on the first all woman habitat house. I cannot imagine trump doing anything that doesnt benefit him and his. I am but a tiny spot in a tiny place in the middle of nowhere. I doubt his presidency will affect me much. But i have step grandkids and grand nieces and nephews. I also have empathy for people who will be directly affected. Sooo, until he does some things that prove me wrong, i hold my position. 1050 jobs that he claims he has saved aint it

@2447652

No, my worries are for ckean air and water. My worries are for muslims who have not a radical bone in their bodies. My worries are for the mexican kid whose hard working, tax paying father is in danger of deportarion. My worries are for the single mom whose taxes are going up, and those who may loose their head of household status. My worries are for the african american man who gas been pulled over 30 times and now has to worry about being stopped, thrown against a wall and searched. Women too. Wages certainly wont double since he believes in no minimum wage. I find it difficult to support anyone who has degraded minorities as ge has, wonen being included in that minority. He has told everyone who he is, was no one listening?

@2447896

Yes we are. And that too, saddens me. Since i can remember there has been people starving,and dying somewhere in the world. But i am a citizen of the united states. And in my world, as small as it is, i believe everyone should have certain rights and everyone should be treated equallyand have the same oppirtunities. People who need a step up should be offerred a stool. Businesses that already make billions shouldnt have earth friendly regulations removed sovthat they may make a little more. And so what if those people dont worry about me? It isnt just the people its the principal. I just hoped we were better then this. So many good things are going to be undone and half of this country either think they should be or do not care. I just had higher expectations. Thought we, as a people, were smarter, more accepting and concerned then we seemingly are

@2447992

Well.....thank you. Im always up for a pleasent surprise.

@2447627

My "expectations" were very high, thank you. But you are right, once Trump got elected, they just took a serious nose dive.

Both president Reagan, and Carter, had been in the political arena.

And their 'egos' were nowhere near the size of Trump's.

@2447637

It's a public post, Platinum, not a private discussion. Anyone can chime in.

@2447647

I wasn't looking to 'sway' you, just state my opinion, which I can do on an open forum.

And it doesn't hinder Carla from replying to you as well.

@2447660

Deliriously so.

It is a concerning issue, but unless actual tampering with/ hacking voting machines can be proven.....his win was "legitimate". ono smilie

@Piper2 It is a concerning issue, but unless actual tampering with/ hacking voting machines can be proven.....his win was...

I agree that there has been no evidence of hacking. But I am very certain there has been much in the way of voter suppression in this last election.

And with Trump's pick of the next Supreme Court nominee, look for more chips in the Civil Voting Rights Act.

@dru18 I agree that there has been no evidence of hacking. But I am very certain there has been much in the way of voter...

Why are you "very certain" about that, Dru? I have no doubt that there have been the usual attempts to hamper certain voters, but I do not know of any large scale actual suppression.

It is absolutely absurd, that the Supreme Court nominee President Obama chose when he had almost a full year left in office, has been hanging in limbo these many months. Now that Mitch McConnell will have even more power in the Senate, it's looking pretty bleak as far as 'ethical' Supreme Court Justices.

@Piper2 Why are you "very certain" about that, Dru? I have no doubt that there have been the usual attempts to hamper...

It's looks very bleak for laws that have already been passed, such as Roe v. Wade, along with the Civil Rights Voting Act. The judges on his list are not only really really conservative, but have proven that they are 'activists' judges as well.

And yes, I am very confident that voters in places in North Carolina were very suppressed.

@dru18 It's looks very bleak for laws that have already been passed, such as Roe v. Wade, along with the Civil Rights...

There will almost certainly be attempts to overturn Roe v. Wade. The Voting Rights Act, I think even the most brazen 'conservatives' in power will be hesitant to make a big noise about.

I was genuinely curious about why you are so very certain about there being much in the way of voter suppression in this last election. That's why I asked. I'm aware of the usual shenanigans, but I just haven't heard of any MORE of that than usual.

@2447569

You know I looked at that gif and was going to throw up, except I am at the library.

I hope to God, somebody edited that for a joke.

Your dreaming if you think servers were not secure. Anyone, everyone, can be hacked. Some sharp cookies out there. And you likely would be as horrified or more so at what may be in those republicans emails, oh, but wait, oh yeah, for some odd reason they were left alone. You are right, its over. But jobs? There are so many job opportunities where i am that there isnt enough people to fill them. Fast food joints are starting people at 15 per hour. That happened on obamas watch. Building is booming and new businesses popping up. So dont need gis kind of help

@Carla Your dreaming if you think servers were not secure. Anyone, everyone, can be hacked. Some sharp cookies out there...

Obama was the president who got this country out of a recession. He was the president who did more for the environment than any president before him. Growth is up, unemployment is down.

History will remember him fondly.

@dru18 Obama was the president who got this country out of a recession. He was the president who did more for the...

Yep, he just happened to be in office when the recession finally slooooowed down for 8 long years, so he presided over the most moribund economy since the FDR looooooong recession of the '30s. As far as employment goes, it was stagnant because so many people just quit looking for jobs. There are 93 million people not working, so that proves that unemployment is very high.

Yes, and history will remember him fondly because history is written by liberals.wink smilie

@goblue1968 Yep, he just happened to be in office when the recession finally slooooowed down for 8 long years, so he presided...

Yeah, and Bush just happened to be in office when it tanked.

Jobs were created, many in the service community. Sorry, but your factory jobs are not coming back, under ANY president. Time, to face facts, and get your ass back to college or a trade school.

Many jobs have been created in the construction industry. There is a big need for roofers and plumbers.

With his stimulus package, he was able to start turning the recession around. 3.2 growth in the last quarter. It doesn't get any better than that.

Historians are both conservative and liberal, and they will remember Barack Obama, fondly.

@dru18 Yeah, and Bush just happened to be in office when it tanked. Jobs were created, many in the service community...

Actually, for you to say that 3.2% growth doesn't get any better than that, is very pessimistic. I would expect growth rates higher than that after more investors pump more assets into the economy with a more pro=business administration starting in January.

I certainly hope for that. I will remember him fondly for sure. I just hope that everything he did wont be torn down and spat on. Im trying to so as was suggested. Hope for the best. Hope that trump is so very lost that he actually heeds the advice he is getting from president obama. As i said my expectations are low so anything positive will be a bonus

@Carla I certainly hope for that. I will remember him fondly for sure. I just hope that everything he did wont be torn...

Carla, the people have already 'torn down and spat on' Obama's legacy. That's why Republicans did so well this last election. They have learned that Obama, Hillary and all the rest are liars and corrupt to their eyeballs and want nothing to do with them!

I agree. As i have said, people have very short memories. This country was in the trashcan at the end of the bush years. Obama pulled us out of that. I kept hearing people say they did not want four or eight more years of obama. Why? I cannot wrap my head around that. He did many positive things. Moving our country towards a positive future. This is so going back. And did no one look or listen to his tax and epa plans? The middle and lower class ( dont like that word, cant think of another right now) is going to pay. He and his cronies will benefit. And it is just absurd that he uses twitter, like a teenager, to communicate. There is not a thing about him that says distinguished. The question was posed here recently as to what makes a lady? I will ask, what makes a gentleman? And should our pitus be one?

@Carla I agree. As i have said, people have very short memories. This country was in the trashcan at the end of the bush...

I would gladly vote for Obama a THIRD time, if he ran again. He not only fixed most of the mess he inherited from Bush, but he did it with class, and dignity. He will be missed.

The only way for the Democrats to come back from this, is to be the party of NO (hate to say that) to Trump and his insane plans.

Excuse me....potus

@2447553

Heh heh... You nut.

I'd like to know for sure.

@2447643

Bullshit?

You mean like President Obama not being born in this country?

@2447677

What, no Washington Pizza Parlor,Hillary Clinton, child sex slave scandal?

@dru18 What, no Washington Pizza Parlor,Hillary Clinton, child sex slave scandal?

You already know he believes ALL of that. And he was one of those who insisted Obama is not American. You just KNOW.

@JPMatthews You already know he believes ALL of that. And he was one of those who insisted Obama is not American. You just KNOW.

I know. And unfortunately, his is not an isolated opinion.

Look below me, for further proof, that yes, many people have lost their minds.

@2448463

One being just as asinine as the other.

@2449201

Silent? Uh, maybe because most folks knew it wasn't TRUE?!

You guys kill me. It was thing to be against a certain person, but lets make sure we got actual FACTS to back us up.

That depends upon whether the extent of the hacking affected the ultimate outcome. Just like the extent of the illegal voting affected the popular vote in Hillary's favor, so that measure is as equally illegitimate as the Russian hacking allegation.

Regardless of who actually hacked the emails, shame on the ones sending, receiving and storing emails on unsecured servers! Perhaps if they hadn't been so careless, their dirty little secrets wouldn't have been exposed, shaming them miserably on a public forum.

But, we don't want to talk about that - do we?

OK, suppose we had just known how shamefully the democrats were, without the emails! [Actually, many of us did]. And the leaked, hacked emails made it all a big enough story that everyone paid attention and saw the democrats with their pants pulled down - and we looked.

The democrats still have no shame over what all those emails said or what they represented. Even this post here fails to address the elephant in the room.

Yes Carla, you guys lost - fair and square. And, not just the presidency! The House, Senate, Supreme Court appointments for a generation or more, governors, state reps, any fragments of respect from the public yeah, November 8th really sucked for you guys.

Well, just run off to your safe place for some hot chocolate and pony rides. Start thinking about what kind of work you could actually perform in the new coming economic boom!

@Budwick Regardless of who actually hacked the emails, shame on the ones sending, receiving and storing emails on unsecured...

Talking about 'unsecured' communication. I especially love the example of all the calls that Trump is taking from foreign leaders on UNSECURED telephone lines.

I especially love the fact, that no press or note taker is in the room when he takes these calls. Just lovely daughter, Ivanka.

For a generation? You seem to forget when the Republicans were in the minority regarding the Senate, and Presidency, and that wasn't any 'generation' ago.

@dru18 Talking about 'unsecured' communication. I especially love the example of all the calls that Trump is taking from...

Supreme Court Justices are typically appointed for a lifetime DD. Trump will likely be appointing two or three. A generation will pass before you guys will even have a shot again.

@dru18 Two or three? My you are ambitious, since only one actually is empty.

When Scalia died last summer many news sources commented about the number of justices likely to be replaced by the next president. This isn't something I dreamed up - it's been well reported and speculated by many.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/e...b0151082221ca2

@Budwick When Scalia died last summer many news sources commented about the number of justices likely to be replaced by the...

Only due to age. Two are in their late seventies, and Judge Ginsberg is in her early eighties, but she has said she will not step down, not with Trump in office.

@dru18 Only due to age. Two are in their late seventies, and Judge Ginsberg is in her early eighties, but she has said she...

Yes, exactly - due to age and probable death during Trumps term. Figured that out all your own there DD?

Why is it you need to be dragged kicking and screaming toward truth every time?

@Budwick Yes, exactly - due to age and probable death during Trumps term. Figured that out all your own there DD? Why is...

People in their late seventies and early eighties die within a few years?? Someone needs to tell that to my grandmother who is 92, and still going strong.

@dru18 People in their late seventies and early eighties die within a few years?? Someone needs to tell that to my...

Good for your Granny! May she live many more years and be well. It won't change the average life expectancy of every one else though, will it? [Including Supreme Court Justices]

@Budwick Good for your Granny! May she live many more years and be well. It won't change the average life expectancy of...

People are living longer and looking better. I would suspect that all three will be around for awhile.

Anonymous