+3

Pick a room...Got it? Pick 3 colours... Now which room did you pick and which 3 colours... A room needs no more than 3 colours to provide a basis of decor, and the colours you picked are your favourites...

One colour is the basic neutral colour...usually beige...white, sand, black or brown...than the other 2 colours provide the "pops" of colour which stand out and provide some excitement in the room... Too many colours can make a room discordant...while a lack of colour can make a room feel dull and lifeless...

Image for post **Pick a room...Got it? Pick 3 colours...** Now which room did you pick and which 3 colours... //A room needs no more than 3 colours to provide a basis of decor, and the colours you picked are your favourites...//
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
6 8

Living room, red grey blue.

I da'no - I can sort of see it. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it on the wife nextime we redecorate.

@VicZinc Living room, red grey blue. I da'no - I can sort of see it. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it on the wife nextime...

You've got a lot of variances of intensity with the grey & blue. I'd pick pretty blues on a background of calming greys...with probably black as your neutral... (TV, etc).... The reds can also be the bright pops of colour that can wake everyone up...this is after all your "living room"...

Red, Black, and White. My choice of colours~

@Tanor_Faux Red, Black, and White. My choice of colours~

You'll need another colour... I keep forgetting that black and white are the same...I'd pick mellow yellow...something that can be part of the background...for the b/w....with red providing exiciting pops of colour...yellow can be there to harmonize. I'm not a fan of many colours...or too many patterns.

@Sukiesnow You'll need another colour... I keep forgetting that black and white are the same...I'd pick mellow...

Black and white are not the same when red is in between them.

The yellow needs to be goldenrod or shaded towards orange, can't stand yellow when it's shaded towards green or too saturated. Yellow colours like tan and sand, are preferred. I say that while my fox has yellow to him, yet his colour scheme is based on tan shades.

The red I use is dark, because white is also dark, when fixed with black. Yellow doesn't really suit White and Black, which are based on brightness rather than hue.

Another trifecta of colours I like is, Crimson, Dark Purple, and Yellow however. Yellow should be before or after the Red, and purple is always after those two.

Not an expert on colour theory or feng shui, but yanno.

@Sukiesnow It's awkward doing colour design when implements are black...like TVs...

Black is also my second favourite colour heh. Crimson is my third favourite. I own a lot of black clothes and my bedroom is usually fitted with black and red, because my walls are white-ish. The dresser and floor is brown and tannish grey respectively.

I think the feng shui works, especially when I sleep in a clockwise direction, since my bed is parallel to the wall. Colour and direction of furniture are feng shui stuff heh.

@Tanor_Faux Black is also my second favourite colour heh. Crimson is my third favourite. I own a lot of black clothes and my...

Lol... Sometimes I wake up with my head where my feet should be...lol

Still, though...the bane of design existence is TVs...unless they are in their own room... Computers are fine...since they are usually in their own room or alcove...

Anonymous