It's Hard To Believe But It Was 36 Years Ago This Day That John Lennon Was Gunned Down In New York City. Are You Old Enough To Remember That Day And Where You Were When You Heard The News?

Image for post It's Hard To Believe But It Was 36 Years Ago This Day That John Lennon Was Gunned Down In New York City. Are You Old Enough To Remember That Day And Where You Were When You Heard The News?
Sir_Whatzs avatar Music
12 22

Yes, I remember feeling so sad. Lennon was a great talent. The Beatles had been my music of choice growing up. Of course the Beatles had come and gone by the time John was taken. So stupid, so senseless.

I was in school...sad...

Only the good die young...

I was a baby when I heard and I needed my nappy changing afterwards. 乂ᴼₒᴼ乂

Oh I remember. At that time in my life John Lennon was my idol.

I was watching Monday Night Football with my dad. Howard Cosell made the announcement that John Lennon was shot and dead, but from what I remember I didn't really feel that bad. It didn't seem real.

Right then my parent's phone rang. I picked it up and it was my friend. He said something like "did you hear", and I said yes. We then stayed on the line for what seemed like minutes, and neither of us said a word. I didn't know what to say, and he probably didn't either. Eventually one of us said goodbye, and that was it.

I remember when that happened but don't remember where I was.

I heard the news in bed listening to local radio. If my memory is right he had been with Andy Peebles earlier that day on radio one.

Yeah, I'm plenty old enough to remember, but I don't recall the exact moment I heard. I believe it was the next morning, after I opened the bookstore and my co-workers started rolling in.
I DO remember, how shocked and saddened I and most everyone else was....

I have just listened the "Imagine" from Lennon. He was naively trying to make us believe that there could be such a world where peace covers every heart of human being , every corner .

John Lennon getting shot wasn't a big day in my life.

I can remember it like it was yesterday. I would have been one month and a few days shy of my 16th birthday on December 08th, 1980. I remember being in my bedroom upstairs and heard my mother screaming my name from downstairs--

"ONE OF THE BEATLES JUST GOT SHOT" she yelled to me from down below.

There was no coined phrase called "Breaking News" back then and there were very few details available at that initial report. Was he dead? Was he alive? The name Mark David Chapman hadn't danced across the world's eardrums yet in those early moments of this unfolding story.

I was not alive back then.

Yeah...before school,many of us would gather around to smoke our ciggerettes and joints ...One individual announced his death and many mourned him...Me as well as others not knowing who he was just kept on toking and followed along...never was into the Beatles until 2 yrs ago went to a tribute band ...Lennons sister was there...and the band was great.

Anonymous