+10

So...how is the Feminist Movement coming along...? I'd like to say Thank You...for the progress we will continue making...

Think for example: your sister gets raped and no one will pays any attention or even BELIEVES her... That is the state we were in BEFORE the Women's movement...worse...:(

Image for post **So...how is the Feminist Movement coming along...?** //I'd like to say **Thank You**...for the progress we will continue making...//
Sukiesnows avatar Politics
8 33

Another example. My daughters are joining a workforce where the median pay for women is only 80% of that for men. Progress has been made, but much more needs to happen.

@2448431

That is great!

@PhilboydStudge Another example. My daughters are joining a workforce where the median pay for women is only 80% of that for men...

I still want to know where that difference in pay is... because people keep using the 80% (or what ever number it is) pay when compared to men in arguments for middle and lower level jobs.

But from what I've personally seen with my two eyes (which is limited and small sample) is that women are being paid same or very VERY slightly more than the men of equal positions.

Only woman, I really know that got shafted was a woman from Asian culture that didn't realize Americans negotiate pay, so she took the first offer given to her, where everyone else made counter offers and negotiated higher.

My point is I believe the big differences between men and women pay is mostly at the top of the work level spectrum... yet the mid and lower levels are being attacked more for it. I wish there was a better study to find out where the differences were in pay.

Also someone I know and respect did a study on reason in difference of pay in her field of work (accounting). And basically the results were because during their intro stuff, guys got tried of doing the bottom level basic work sooner and started seeking/complaining/asking for more important items and that got them off the bottom level faster. Where the females were more publicly content and patient and led them stay at that level lower.

Basically the males were more aggressive to wanting change in what they were doing, which led to a higher number of them getting both promoted or fired/leaving the company.

So the results were, it was based on how the people acted... those more vocal were more likely to give promoted/fired... where the more quiet stayed put a lot more often. It just happened that this trait is along a male/female differential with males being more vocal. But the vocal females were often promoted just as fast or faster than the vocal males. And the non-vocal males were at the same pace as the non-vocal females.

@Zolfie I still want to know where that difference in pay is... because people keep using the 80% (or what ever number it...

I can't respond to your whole comment at once. It's vast.

But I can say that yes...I've had the experience of a co-worker slinking in and getting more money since: our manager decided "he's young...he's got a girlfriend...we've gotta halp him.." Now...I wouldn't have minded my co-worker getting an extra sum on his year-end bonus to reflect this way of thinking...but nothing more...

And ppl go on about...if you want a raise you should ask for it..hah...that does NO good what so ever ....especially when your company has decided on grades for everyone's job....

Thanks for the reply Zolfie!

After searching, I have no confidence that the 80% number I quoted above is valid. So many articles were using that number that I just assumed it must be true. However, I couldn't even find a study that came up with that number. Plus, as you stated above, comparing average or median salaries paints an inaccurate picture. As they say, the devil is in the details.

I do, however, discount personal antidotes about such things. I have even less confidence that "Joe Blow"'s experience and perspective. :-)

Thanks again.

Oh yeah! Happens...we found out more men were still making more money than women...even though we were on a scale...where pays are on grades... You can still pay some people more via the bonuses we used to get regularly....

Amazing how eager men are to support other men, too.... I've heard guys saying...he's young...got a new house...a new girlfriend...we've gotta help him out! Sheesh...

Duh, why are they joining such a work force? If a woman thinks she is worth more, she ought to prove it by finding a job that pays more. Or else start a company to show the world how things are done. That is what the men have to do.

This feminist movement is just more whining about not enough gifts.

We have come along way, but.....

@Carla We have come along way, but.....

It's unfair...and now women have got stuck doing everything...

@2448462

Or while whats-his-name-was pulling at them...

@2449210

Trump... He excelled at pulling at vaginas.

Rise up women all corner from the world , fell deeds awake, fire and slaughter! spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! , it shouldnt be a matter if i take this quote from the lord of the rings , in the end yes we can do it.

@Sukiesnow Love LORT

You got the point. I wouldnt mind watching the whole triology in a row .

@YusiMurti You got the point. I wouldnt mind watching the whole triology in a row .

I had a personal interest in LOTR... Not only did I love it from reading the books...but co-workers were recruited to work on the special effects of the movies...they had to move to New Zealand to do so... It was exciting...

@Sukiesnow I had a personal interest in LOTR... Not only did I love it from reading the books...but co-workers were recruited...

You have read other Tolkien's books too ? Yes they did. New Zealand seems a place to live after retirement , i dont know."Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East."What this reminds you ?

@YusiMurti You have read other Tolkien's books too ? Yes they did. New Zealand seems a place to live after retirement , i dont...

Ha... There are many other Tolkien lovers on here...Yusi... The only one I can't remember reading was... Silymarin...? Something like that...

@Sukiesnow Hey...that's familiar...the Bible?

Eh i am not sure if the Bible has a passage like that , but what i tried to mention is something in movie.Have you read the Bible btw ? just wondered.

@YusiMurti Eh i am not sure if the Bible has a passage like that , but what i tried to mention is something in movie.Have you...

I grew up with the Bible...have read a lot of it...but not the whole thing...

Merry Christmas Yusi!

@Sukiesnow I grew up with the Bible...have read a lot of it...but not the whole thing... Merry Christmas Yusi!

Oh thank you so much for your thoughtful message.
Merry Christmas you too :D I wonder too , i mean i read the Quran but i want to analyze the Bible , the Torah all together.

Women are equal today. What feminazi a are crying over now is plain dumb

Anonymous