Why are Republicans Afraid of a Recount?

Third party nominee, Jill Stein, is calling for a recount in 4 states and has raised $5 million to do it. So why are republicans doing everything they can dream up to stop it? what are they hiding? Trump himself said it was rigged and that he actually won the majority vote. Apparently he's not eager to prove that. The first claim was that it would cost taxpayers too much. This from the people who had 9 that's nine Benghazi trials.. The fact that it won't cost taxpayers a dime is irrelevant I guess. So they switched gears saying a recount in Wisc. that cost $500,000 in 2011 would now cost 3.5 million. As if Scott Walker had raised salaries by a factor of 7 in 5 years. Could it be the 3 million plus suppressed votes weren't enough?

urwutuiss avatar Politics
5 30

As if you'd be saying this if Hillary was president elect.

Because Trump is afraid people will find out that the Russians did help him win the election. All the pollsters couldn't have been wrong unless there was foul play....that's why Trump is so afraid.

Count away! So far the recount has been favoring Trump in Wisconsin.

The recount isn't a recount anyway. It's a money grab from democrat donors. Go ahead - donate to Jill! Throw your money away.

Stein has called for a recount in THREE (3) states, not 4, and raised over $6.3 million. Republicans are not against the recount, it's that Stein called for recounts in states where Trump won with close totals, but not states where Hillary won by close totals. I'd love to see a recount and voter verification in California, Oregon, Nevada and Washington State, especially to verify that all those who voted were actually US Citizens.

I'll note that Michigan count that was done showed a lot of problems between voter roll tally and there being more ballots cast than that number in the heavily Democratic precincts. One sealed box alleged some 350 ballots in the sealed box, but when opened only some 50 were present. Makes one wonder!

And I'll point out there have been NO Benghazi 'trials.' There have been congressional hearings NOT trials. And the 2011 Wisconsin recount for the State Supreme Court involved less half of total votes cast in this presidential election and cost more than $520,000.

Because they are afraid it wll spotlight WHO and WHAT they really are. And that The Great Orange Lump didn't really win. After all, HE is the one that kept claiming voter fraud. Now that someone has the funds to pay for it, he fights it. WAKE UP SUCKERS! This orange lump couldn't care less about any of us. But you'll find that out in due time.

@JPMatthews Because they are afraid it wll spotlight WHO and WHAT they really are. And that The Great Orange Lump didn't really...

lol, so far Trump has been gaining an even FURTHER lead with the recount, i can;t wait to see hilary's face when she looses AGAIN

@Anonymousmouse lol, so far Trump has been gaining an even FURTHER lead with the recount, i can;t wait to see hilary's face when...

Hillary isn't involved and she already conceded the election. You clearly have know idea what this is even about. (smh)

@VicZinc Hillary isn't involved and she already conceded the election. You clearly have know idea what this is even about. (smh)

oh then what is the recount about? for shits and giggles? a cash grab to prove liberals are mere sheep? what the hell for have a recount if Hilary isn;t trying to steal the election?

@Anonymousmouse oh then what is the recount about? for shits and giggles? a cash grab to prove liberals are mere sheep? what the...

Ask Jill Stein? No way she's going to win. And as I said Hillary already conceded so even if Jill prove Hillary won oh well, she conceded.

So you got me. But at least stop blaming Clinton for this one. She's done some shit moves but she's got nothing to do with this.

@2448744

Too bad popularity doesn't matter after high school lol.

People should be upset at the millions of dollars being wasted on something that is futile..

Some people do line their pockets from it though..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube video thumbnailameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Especially since it's not paid for with tax dollars.

@Anonymousmouse then whose money is paying for it?

Seriously? She used a 'go fund me' and raised $7000000 from democrats. Which of course the right wing accused her of planning to steel that money for personal use, but whatever.

@VicZinc Seriously? She used a 'go fund me' and raised $7000000 from democrats. Which of course the right wing accused her...

i cannot wait to see the crying and riots when Hilary LOOSES for a SECOND time.
oh the anger they will feel when they realized they just wasted their money to prove TRump actually DID win

It appears that there will be some expense to the taxpayers -
one of many sites.......
http://www.lansingstatejournal....arly/94626832/

@ozzyboy It appears that there will be some expense to the taxpayers - one of many...

Could?

Yep and monkeys could fly out of my butt.

Highly doubtful MI taxpayers will be on the hook for this

@VicZinc Could? Yep and monkeys could fly out of my butt. Highly doubtful MI taxpayers will be on the hook for this

Nothing is ever done in politics that doesn't cost the tax payers money.
Believe the article or not - I don't care.
I don't see Republicans in the street throwing temper tantrums because of a recount. The reports I am seeing says that Trump is picking up even more votes.
Stein is just making money for herself over this stunt.

@ozzyboy Nothing is ever done in politics that doesn't cost the tax payers money. Believe the article or not - I don't...

Agreed. It's about Stein making money.

But. The Michigan recount is stopped and it didn't cost the tax payers a penny.

And they accuse Trump of not wanting to accept election results right?

we aren't. just upset that Hilary is wasting millions of dollars of taxpayer money to prove she lost a SECOND time

@Anonymousmouse we aren't. just upset that Hilary is wasting millions of dollars of taxpayer money to prove she lost a SECOND time

So far off reality.

HRC is not involved. Jill Stein is. And her supporters are paying for it not taxes.

@VicZinc So far off reality. HRC is not involved. Jill Stein is. And her supporters are paying for it not taxes.

oh the angry liberals, going to be popcorn eatign worthy when they find out they have paid thousands of dollars to see the democrats LOSE a second time in one election. its going to be more riots and more ridiculousness!

a pointless question. you cant recount

Anonymous