"CHiPs" or "MAS*H"?

While neither show was particularly popular, I think "CHiPs" was a little more pop than "MASH" - who remembers Alan Alda. Meanwhile Erik Estrada was the one every girl wanted to go out with, and every gangsta wanted to emulate.
"M
ASH" was a pretentious little piece of crap show like "Friends."
"CHiPs" was the "Seinfeld" of the 70s minus all the fame "Seinfeld" had.
"MAS*H" was the "Friends" of the 70s.

40% CHiPs 40% M*A*S*H 20% Other
AdamNYs avatar Countries & Places
0 22

Never heard of CHIPS, and MASH is still in reruns, which I never watch.

@StarzAbove Never heard of CHIPS, and MASH is still in reruns, which I never watch.

That show is so lame and trite only "bro"-hating (anti-Rivera) racists watch it like "Friends."

@AdamNY That show is so lame and trite only "bro"-hating (anti-Rivera) racists watch it like "Friends."

My husband watches MASH all the time. I never have watched Friends either. You seem to have a problem with the word "bro". why is that, are you racist?

@StarzAbove My husband watches MASH all the time. I never have watched Friends either. You seem to have a problem with the...

No, I do not have a problem with that word. Where do you get that. "Bro"-hating means someone who hates the word. I'm bashing precisely that. My bashing of those who HATE it. And those who claim the word is black or white in origin, idiocy once again

@AdamNY No, I do not have a problem with that word. Where do you get that. "Bro"-hating means someone who hates the word...

It's just a word, neither racist nor nonracist....but I see you use it a lot, just wondering. I doubt anyone hates that word, at least I don't know anyone that does. It sure beats saying "hey Dude"....you think?

Better yet another bashing is of those who claim the word is said more by those whose last name ends with -ez? Or that those surnames are not white when they are. Or that it's said more by whites or blacks - both idiotic statements.

@StarzAbove Then why do you keep using it? You're the only one that I've ever heard using it.

No I meant that I'm bashing the idiots who claim that the word originated with black, white or Visigothic people. Not the word itself. I love using the word.

And it has nothing to do with stereotypes or being offended. This statement is like saying "'Seinfeld' began in 1996," when it began in 1989. So it's another dumb statement.

@2450072

Rappers love this show a lot. Straight up "gangsta". The way I'm talking "CHiPs" is fairly in a mocking tone. I don't like hip hop. But I will watch "CHiPs" anyday over "MAS*H."

Mash was one of the most "popular"shows of its time, actually. It was not anything remotely like Chips, Friends, OR Seinfeld.

I did watch Chips a few times, and didn't much like the show. I can assure you, that Erik Estrada was not a guy "every girl" wanted to go out with.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 M*A*S*H +1Reply
@Piper2 Mash was one of the most "popular"shows of its time, actually. It was not anything remotely like Chips, Friends...

MAS*H is too much to the 70s what "Friends" was to the 90s. That's why I find that show jarring. I didn't like "CHiPs" but it was amusing. It was that dumb XD
YouTube video thumbnails scene is so, as black Northerners would say, "gangsta."

@AdamNY MAS*H is too much to the 70s what "Friends" was to the 90s. That's why I find that show jarring. I didn't like...

No, Mash first aired when there was still a draft going on during the Vietnam war. The show was not anything like "Friends".

Piper2s avatar Piper2 M*A*S*H +1Reply
@AdamNY Well I don't like Alan Alda. He comes off as a jerk.

Alan Alda was a great actor and so was his dad. Robert Alda! He was better looking than his son Alan.

Anonymous