Is laziness the inspiration of invention?

Image for post Is laziness the inspiration of invention?
Azlottos avatar Technology
5 23
@2450125

Thanks for your reply.

I'm thinking yes and no. As it depends on the type of laziness... as most inventions need a ton of work as well, but it's a different type of work. More mental, less physical.

Inventors normally seem to have a very curious minds on how to improve something... to save people (including themselves) doing the hard work that they're currently doing.

I think laziness is probably the wrong word... maybe the desire for comfort or relaxation or something.

Sounds good to me. The Laz-i-boy? The attachments? While an inventor might be busy in her/his hours of work...why should they work anymore during their hours of leisure? Except to enhance them?

@Sukiesnow Sounds good to me. The Laz-i-boy? The attachments? While an inventor might be busy in her/his hours of work...why...

Lol...I wonder if the person that invented the recliner was thinking about work...Thanks, Sukiesnow :)

@2450137

Lol...If you look up laziness in a dictionary, you'll see my picture.

@2450140

"I may not be understanding your question"...It's probably my question...A lot of people have (jokingly) said to me: "I need an interpreter to talk to you" :)

Could be. I have heard lazy people are the very best computer programers because they will figure out how to do something the lazy way.

Nope quite the contrary. An active mind is what creates inventions. Scientific exploration also adds to this as well.

@2450150

This is true. I grew up on a farm. Hard work and on-call 24/7.

Change Gates' comment from 'lazy' to efficient. If I can't find an easier way to do something, why on world would I want to waste time/energy doing it the hard way?

If laziness is considered as...
Finding a way to do something easier because i don't feel like busting my ass..

Then yes....yes, it is..

Ideas and creativity are.

Anonymous