+10

Riding a motorcycle makes you a 10x better car driver. I wish everyone who wants to drive a car should have to ride a motorcycle in traffic for a week. When they almost die 30 times, they'll realize how little attention people pay when driving.

I only ride, and my friends who have started riding have become far safer drivers

Image for post Riding a motorcycle makes you a 10x better car driver. I wish everyone who wants to drive a car should have to ride a motorcycle in traffic for a week. When they almost die 30 times, they'll realize how little attention people pay when driving.
TylerMayhemDurdens avatar Technology
3 14

i never rode a motocycle, dirtbike yes in the forest but never a street bike on a road, I always give them a lot of distance, some people though, I agree should have too, I have seen many people tailgate bikers, not a good idea

Needs further explanation. Some people you see are idiots yes. Majority of motorcycle riders are much safer.
Also, lane filtering is actually way safer for us. Not in moving traffic, but at a stop or a slow crawl. It means we don't get rear ended and squashe between two cars.

I wont ride my bike in the city during rush hour or on big summer weekends when the influx of flatlanders is at its peak. A fender bender on my bike could be the end of my riding. I am in the habit of giving both cars and bikes a wide berth.

The key is not only watching the cars but watching the drivers. Like when you stop at a stop sign you look at the guy in the other car so he knows you're on the same planet.

I would be frightened to death going around on a bike. I don't know how anyone can stand that.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I would be frightened to death going around on a bike. I don't know how anyone can stand that.

If you dont ride you probably wouldnt understand. But there is a sense of physical freedom on a motorcycle.

@Carla If you dont ride you probably wouldnt understand. But there is a sense of physical freedom on a motorcycle.

I know when I was a teen I had a dirt bike of course sometimes we all took off on the roads but when a cop cae arouns we would shoot into a field or drive way. But the way people drive now is just out of control. I am even frightened in my little car that every time i make a turn someone is going to crash right into me. So many times cars pull out in front of me just because i am careful and leave some space. Oh to be alone in the world on the road would be so nice.

@2465404

You obviously missed the point. And I don't put my life in your hands bud. I learn to be in a position to prevent dickheads that can't drive from running me over. You pull out on me, you get a bit of damage to your car. I don't.

Anonymous