What's Up With All This Hoo-Haa About Fake News?

The big "news story" over the week end was all about "fake news" and how it hurt poor old Hillary.

I find it laughable that the media and Hillary, the main purveyors of fake news have the stones to be complaining about it now!

Maybe we should just put copies of the New York Times right next to the National Enquirer at the grocery checkout line so people won't be so easily buffaloed.

Personally, I think this is just another step toward journalistic suicide. The democrat party was simply a victim - they're dead, although they don't realize or accept it yet.

Image for post What's Up With All This Hoo-Haa About Fake News?
25% Journalism is dead 20% The left is dead 15% They're both dead but won't stop breathing! 40% Other
Budwicks avatar Animals & Nature
5 56

the left is sour because they lost, so now they are attacking alternative media and calling them "fake news" when it was obvious the fake news was liberal MSM

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse The left is dead +5Reply

With Clinton being the queen of fake news, it's ironic how they are crying about it now. How about the idiots who were going to Trump's rallies just to deliberately cause trouble and claiming that they were from Trump's camp? Or dear old Reid saying that Romney didn't pay his taxes knowing that that was a lie? He loved lying and causing Romney to lose votes over the tax garbage.
No one is to be believed - do your own research and watch out for your sources.

@ozzyboy With Clinton being the queen of fake news, it's ironic how they are crying about it now. How about the idiots who...

There ya Go Ozzy!

Don't cha just love that Ozzy? So right to the point, unambiguous, clear -

Girls - I don't know if Ozzy is single - but a gem like this ain't gonna last long!

@2450575

[unrealted aside - I used to constantly confuse Walter Winchell with Paul Winchell; the ventriloquist]

Just the names - I could tell the difference in the paper or on TV.

@2450568

Watch pbs it is pretty diverse.

Anyone with even the smallest sliver of intelligence can see that the media is extremely biased in favor of the left, and they routinely bend and twist the truth to suit that narrative. But rather than convincing the public to see things their way, they've alienated the public and destroyed their own credibility. In the same way that their favored candidate accused her opponent of everything she's guilty of, they're accusing the alternative media of being what they themselves are: fake.

Fake news, lies, it calls for individuals taking it upon themselves to check facts. More then half the bile spewed from trumps lips were lies. And even that is beside the point that he is just not qualified to be our president. He has too many conflicts of intrest, decided he isnt going to turn away from his businesses, is practicing nepotism, has properties and intrests in far too many places of concern around the world (tiawan, turkey, look at a world map) and isnt going to do anything he promised his voters he would do. It kills mecwhen i hear him say hes gonna bring jobs back. What jobs? And we all know who is gonna get the tax breaks , right? Unless you have a multi mollion dollar company or bank account it isnt you. Trickle down never has worked and never will. Hes a joke, and i am glad im in a place in my life that i can watch. But i feel very badly for those who WILL be affected, even the ones who believe, i feel bad for your coming reality.

@Carla Fake news, lies, it calls for individuals taking it upon themselves to check facts. More then half the bile spewed...

It kills you when he says he will bring jobs back? Hopefully not literally dead!

Carla, several hundred jobs were kept in American already - at Carrier and Trump hasn't even taken office yet!

The whole economics may be difficult to understand but stick with me here. Trump and republican Congress make a more comfortable business environment. Businesses decide to stay in America or start in America or move back to America. Those businesses need workers. [Here comes the money shot Carla ... watch closely!] Businesses start hiring people! The economic status of the workers improve. The workers pay taxes, the businesses pay taxes.

Getting the picture now?

@Budwick It kills you when he says he will bring jobs back? Hopefully not literally dead! Carla, several hundred jobs were...

Ive seen the picture, those hundreds of jobs are staying because of a huge, huge ransom. What of the hundreds that still left? And the incentives that were paid to carrier to improve their facility will likely be used for automation. That means more lost jobs. A more comfortable environment, less taxes, less regulations? I suppose you buy into climate change being a hoax too? And no jobs,are coming back, not now, not ever. Its not cost effective and in business the bottom line is all that matters. And trump is the ultimate bottom lone kinda guy.

@Carla Ive seen the picture, those hundreds of jobs are staying because of a huge, huge ransom. What of the hundreds that...

Ransom? Oh, you mean tax incentives!

Well let me throw out a business proposition to you Carla. Suppose you were to give someone a one time "gift" of $7 million dollars. And in return they and all the people they employed paid you back more than $7 million dollars every year! Did you get cheated? Did the employees? Any one at all?

What do you care what Carrier spends their money on? Why no happiness about jobs that are staying? Are you a glass half empty kind of chick?

How do you know jobs aren't coming back? Are you making up fake news Carla?

And no - climate change is not a hoax. Thinking that paying heavy taxes to control climate change however, that is definitely a hoax.

@Budwick Ransom? Oh, you mean tax incentives! Well let me throw out a business proposition to you Carla. Suppose you were...

Not heavy taxes, epa regulation. But....im thrilled for those 800 or so people who kept yhere jobs. And mr. trump made certain we all heard about it bigly. I am a alf a glass is half a glass kind of WOMAN. Big business taxes are already full of holes and as soon as he is able, they will be dropped even more significantly. Not starting fake news, just stating the obvious. If sea ray boats can get a throttle from china, mexico or where ever else but here for a dolllar, why would they spend ten for it here? And, if they did, would the guy in ausralia pay for a boat that was 10× overpriced?

@Carla Not heavy taxes, epa regulation. But....im thrilled for those 800 or so people who kept yhere jobs. And mr. trump...

I can't address EPA regulations directly in as much as the new cabinet people haven't said anything other than getting rid of over bearing regulation. You obviously have inside knowledge of the the whole affair which enables you to predict the outcome before anyone else even knows which regulations will be affected. I simply can't tell you how impressed I am with your knowledge of the unknown.

@Budwick I can't address EPA regulations directly in as much as the new cabinet people haven't said anything other than...

Im not surprised you are so easily impressed. I have read your posts and comments and see who you are impressed with.

@Budwick Poor Carla. The sarcasm just whizzed over her head unnoticed.

No dear, i caught your sarcasm. I fear you didnt recognize mine

@Budwick Oh, the old stupid response trick, eh?

Worked. Made you feel brilliant. I like people to walk away feeling good about themselves

The world is not becoming a better place

@Budwick That's the spirit Now!

That's my opinion and for lots of reasons.

@Cantstop That's my opinion and for lots of reasons.

I see. Many of us are unable to read minds Now. Perhaps you could share WTF you are talking about.

@Budwick I see. Many of us are unable to read minds Now. Perhaps you could share WTF you are talking about.

And you seem to think that it is just one faction disseminating the fake news. It is coming from everywhere including the president elect's staff.

@Cantstop And you seem to think that it is just one faction disseminating the fake news. It is coming from everywhere...

Any of those stories you mentioned?

Terrorism runs rampant, there are shootings in schools, theaters, etc quite regularly, kids can't play outside without fear of some sicko kidnapping them, there is an opiate epidemic, Budwick's rudeness?

Or, are you requiring more rude pulling the complaint out of you?

@Cantstop WTF are you talking about in that response?

Nowlost - I don't know where we went wrong here, but maybe we can start over.

You opened with a broad statement totally unrelated to the post topic and got all pissy when I asked for more information.

Then you did a core dump of recent horrible stories - none of which are accused of fake news - so again - not on topic.

And finally, make a fake news claim of Trump's staff creating fake news.

So, I'm thinking I've got a trifecta of BS here - Are you all caught up now?

Terrorism runs rampant, there are shootings in schools, theaters, etc quite regularly, kids can't play outside without fear of some sicko kidnapping them, there is an opiate epidemic, is that enough or do you need to be more rude so I can give you more?

@Cantstop Terrorism runs rampant, there are shootings in schools, theaters, etc quite regularly, kids can't play outside...

And how exactly was anyone to know what was on your mind without you writing more than "The world is not a better place"?

Yes, there are a lot of bad things going on. You could do help by sweetening your own attitude Nowlost.

None of the topics you named have anything to do with the topic of the post by the way.

[And, I'm the rude one?]

I think journalism is dead and has been for quite some time (maybe it never really existed, Idk). I have no doubt though, the Left will rise again. The pendulum will swing back their way soon enough and they'll return to destroying the country - it's their favorite.

I've noticed this "fake-news" mantra too lately. Just another saving-face, talking point I guess.

facemans avatar faceman Journalism is dead +2Reply

Budwick, have you finally lost it?

You bought that shit about the 'child trafficking' at that pizza parlor, not me. And somebody could have gotten hurt.

@dru18 Budwick, have you finally lost it? You bought that shit about the 'child trafficking' at that pizza parlor, not...

You need new glasses DD. Not one word about pizza in this thread - well at least until you mentioned it.

Hey, wait a minute - maybe you are the source of fake news! Yeah, it all makes sense now! You're always putting on that silly Swami hat, saying shit that hasn't happened as if it did - it's you!

@dru18 You believed it, and you know it.

I believed what? The pizza story not mentioned in this post? Actually, I laughed when I heard it. It's ridiculous. There's no gain of power in human trafficking! Bill and Hillary would have no interest.

@2450988

You know, they kept James Brown 'on ice' for three months before burying him - and he was a real person! Who knows how long they can keep something that's already like dog poop before disposing of it?

In reality, 'Fake News' as we label it today, has been around for centuries. If you go back to the 1796 campaign, you will find unfounded allegations, made up stories, and out right bias in the Press of the time, pushing one candidate over another. Since that time, we've added the radion, TV, and now the internet to distribute the 'fake news.' It boils down to people doing a bit of research (which most won't) if they are interested in finding out if "Hillary ... alien baby" story if FAKE or NOT. This is an extreme example of a lot of the BS reported as fact today.

This isn't new. Fake news have always existed - the problem now is that way too many people now simply accept the fake news as facts instead of doing a little research on their own. This isn't minor in no way whatsoever - brainwashing and mass manipulation is far from being something to brush aside. It's very good people are paying attention to it.

There's articles posting some of the sites that people should be careful with.
Here's one.
http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/...list-facebook/

The problem with fake news isn't just about the election. Fake news caused a psycho to go to a pizza parlor and shoot his gun because he thought there was an underground pedophilia ring taking place in it. All thanks to a fake news story.

Good for a laugh.

I haven't noticed fake news. But I looked some up. The biggest one fake or true was about Obama. These stories say he is full on gay Michelle is a trans man. Joan Rivers was killed because she exposed them. Jeesh . I will be glad when that bunch goes someplace never to be seen again

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I haven't noticed fake news. But I looked some up. The biggest one fake or true was about Obama. These stories say...

Those are found in the crazy wing of youtube I think. Don't ask how I know. The Michelle tranny ones are hilarious though.

facemans avatar faceman Journalism is dead 0Reply

Freedom of speech whether they like it or not. y smilie smirk smilie

When will they start attacking the Onion? eyes smilie

One of the biggest cases of fake news was Annie Oakley.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/...aine-addiction

Not a clue

Anonymous