facemans avatar
4 12

I was kind of dragged to it, but I'm glad I went. It was fascinating! They restored all of the 39 rooms to their original state. It's over 90% original furniture, pictures, rugs, knick-knacks etc.

@faceman I was kind of dragged to it, but I'm glad I went. It was fascinating! They restored all of the 39 rooms to their...

The only thing that makes real foreign cities a little more superior in style is that the old architecture is still in use, regrettably though by the upper elites.

@AdamNY The only thing that makes real foreign cities a little more superior in style is that the old architecture is still...

I love old architecture. It not only has style, but is built solid and functional too! Don't ever try and punch a plaster wall.

@faceman I love old architecture. It not only has style, but is built solid and functional too! Don't ever try and punch a...

I guess it's that those cities where the elite reside in like New York, it feels more real. But in cities where they don't reside, the old manisons are more like museums. I guess they're supposed to be that. A reminder that the elite era is over and democracy prevailed.

Sounds amazing....just the sort of thing I'd like....

I would love to see it! I love old, beautiful architecture.

Never heard about it before. Seems interesting though.

No, never heard of it.

But would love to.

@AdamNY But would love to.

It was neat. They gave away free cookies too. That sealed the deal for me.

Anonymous