Did "CHiPs" try to be "Shaft"?

I felt like Estrada was trying to be Richard Roundtree lol

Image for post Did "CHiPs" try to be "Shaft"?
33% Yes 67% No 0% Other
AdamNYs avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
2 11

I honestly don't think the two had anything in common.

@dru18 I honestly don't think the two had anything in common.

You're right but I think in some ways Estrada tried to be Shaft, the trumpet score. Him just rolling on his motorcycle like he's Shaft or Superfly.

@AdamNY You're right but I think in some ways Estrada tried to be Shaft, the trumpet score. Him just rolling on his...

'Shaft' was one of the first blaxploitation films. But you are right that Estrada was all about the macho swagger that Richard Roundtree had.

@dru18 'Shaft' was one of the first blaxploitation films. But you are right that Estrada was all about the macho swagger...

Not the macho part, all guys were macho in the 1970s. More like his gangsta attitude to things, like he's a big bad mother---ker, but at the same time, this is probably the only show where cops could get some street cred. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Estrada was "the Latin boy trying to be black." LOL

@AdamNY Not the macho part, all guys were macho in the 1970s. More like his gangsta attitude to things, like he's a big bad...

I'm sure he was. And you are right in your description with both performances. Estrada always annoyed me for some reason.

@dru18 I'm sure he was. And you are right in your description with both performances. Estrada always annoyed me for some...

I guess he was always trying to act "gangsta" that's kinda the reason I find that show so amusing. If it ain't dumb hip hop it's that. And the trumpets (being it's black music) add another stupid gangsta thing. the fact that rappers love that show so much adds to it.

Him and George Lopez are a buncha idiots. They had some dumb feud that continues to this day.

@dru18 Perked my curiosity a bit, and just googled some of it.

They're both dumb. And I must add both think "bro" is black slang adding to the dumbometer.

I don't know because I don't know what shaft is , Just looked it up now I remember it was a crude violent movie I would never have wanted to see.. Chips and that nice looking bike cop Paunch - Erik" Estradawere interesting to me when I was young. Whatever happened to that guy, I never saw him acting again :?(

Anonymous