Are We Fascist Yet?

Now that Trump has restocked the swamp with even more dangerous creatures is it time to officially announce that the US is a Fascist police state? The events at Standing Rock ND made it clear the state will engage in the most brutal treatment of peaceful Americans with more than enough goons to fill the ranks and Trump's cabinet, after kicking all his political supporters to the curb, is the slap in the face Trump voters don't feel yet. They were worried Obama would declare martial law? They'd better really worry now. Not just martial law but economic annihilation. Even nuclear war is back on the front burner now that we've elected a megalomaniacal 10 year old to the highest office in the land. I knew America was stupid but I didn't think we were ThaT stupid. Then again I can't say I didn't see it coming. Somehow it seems scripted.

urwutuiss avatar Politics
4 26

If America becomes Fascist by the hand of Trump, don't expect Trump biggest supporters to see it like that. There's a big chance that the people that won't be negatively affected by it won't see or accept that there's a problem.

One big issue I see is that if some people don't feel the issue on themselves, they have this idea that it's not important or it's not happening. It's the whole idea "If it doesn't affect me, it's not relevant".

You wrote - "Somehow it seems scripted."

It IS scripted! And you and other commies are the authors! For example - The Standing Rock thing. Don't like the way that was handled? [I'm a little surprised since they decided to go around another way, but..] that was handled under Obama's regime Urwut. Donald's inauguration is still more than a month away!

I am a Trump supporter - I haven't been kicked anywhere! No one has any idea of the fantasy you are attempting to cobble together.

@Budwick You wrote - "Somehow it seems scripted." It IS scripted! And you and other commies are the authors! For example...

Gee what a surprise. Spouting right wing bullshit while the republican governor Jack Dalrymple is the one responsible for all the violence and the corporate attack on American citizens. Obama should have stepped in but he's just a corporate puppet.
I'm not surprised you support Trump. I'm sure you're impressed with how he's "draining the swamp". If he drains it any more we'll all drown.

No. I still have faith in the separation of powers (though the Judiciary branch has become terribly politicized).

My, my. Another one acting like "Chicken Little" and apparently can't find his safe space, puppy or crayons. The swamp is being drained and I suspect that RINOS, Dems and socialists are very nervous --- as you seem to be.

@Seonag My, my. Another one acting like "Chicken Little" and apparently can't find his safe space, puppy or crayons. The...

The swamp is being drained???
You must be joking.
So far Trump has appointed the most corrupt cabinet in history.

@2451735

Didn't you see what went on in N Dakota?
When 90% of the population has no influence whatsoever on govt policy I'd say we're already there and if we're not Trump and his cabinet of despicables will make sure.

Black gold! Texas tea!

no, far less so then if Kilary was president

Oh right, we need more nukes because we only have enough to destroy the planet 15 times. What we need is another arms race because the world isn't dangerous enough already.
Trump wants to give nukes to the Saudis and wants to know why we don't use them if we have them. That makes other nuclear powers like China and Russia nervous.
Reagan almost started a nuclear war by making a joke that got picked up by a hot mic. What do you think will happen when Trump starts running off at the mouth? A guy who had a week long twitter rant over an ex beauty queen. How long do you think it will be before he threatens to nuke somwebody for insulting his tender ego?

@urwutuis Oh right, we need more nukes because we only have enough to destroy the planet 15 times. What we need is another...

Teumps battle cry. LAW AND ORDER, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!! My interpretation? A one sided supreme court, stop and search, epa? Out the window. The failed idea of trickle down, except for the 1%. As far as world affairs? He has salesmen to handle that.

Not sure people act so badly now there need to be strict laws to keep them in line. Blame the medical and legal system for not stopping them before they start shooting raging on the roads, beating kids, raping women and children. I know this isn't a popular belief but looked what happebed whn they got rid of hussein saddam. He was brutal yes but his people are more out of control now.

The nation's fate was certain when the Federal Reserve Act was passed. The Fed promptly doubled the amount of cash in circulation, a period known as "roaring twenties" and everybody thought it was wonderful. Hoover returned the nation's money to its previous value and he is still hated for doing that. We have met the enemy and he is us.

Then there is the guy on Facebook who posts patriotic bs every day, like how he wants to catch people dishonoring the flag and beat them in various ways. So I replied "Let me get this straight. You fought to protect freedom, but now you want to impose fascism on people who do something actually free. Is that really what you meant to say?" He didn't reply, but someone else offered a personal insult.

The government represents the people. What happened at Standing Rock was exactly what the people demanded. You might have noticed there was some indecision for a while, some people demanding a sheet of glass, and some willing to look for a more peaceful way to settle it. It's just that the noisiest a@@holes always hit the streets first.

@SmartAZ Then there is the guy on Facebook who posts patriotic bs every day, like how he wants to catch people dishonoring...

I don't know what you mean by demanding a sheet of glass but the violence came from the cops not the protesters. The state tried to keep it quiet by arresting reporters and it wasn't until veterans got involved that anything really changed.
My point was to contradict the opinion that American cops and soldiers wouldn't act against American citizens and that the police state was already here.
With Trump coming into office with his cabinet of swamp creatures it looks like the final play. They are going to rape the country of whatever they can before the collapse and martial law

@urwutuis I don't know what you mean by demanding a sheet of glass but the violence came from the cops not the protesters...

It is odd that you speak so many figures of speech but you don't know what a sheet of glass means. People often assume that an atomic bomb leaves a sheet of glass on the ground.

@SmartAZ It is odd that you speak so many figures of speech but you don't know what a sheet of glass means. People often...

Turning to glass is a reference to the Middle East because nukes would melt the sand into glass. It doesn't apply to N Dakota and what figures of speech are you referring to?

@2460547

Are you serious? You think more nukes makes the world safer? The Saudis with nukes, Iran firing up centrifuges, Pakistan and China
You do realize the Earth can only be blown up once right?

@2464174

They're already afraid to use them except for Trump.
We have enough just on submarines to blow up the world multiple times. That's not enough?

Anonymous