Which type of music do you dislike and really...Why?

So to set the standard...(especially for those ppl who say "I love all kinds of music"), which music might you least enjoy if you had to listen to it for 8 hours...

Image for post **Which type of music do you dislike and really...Why?**
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
11 25
@2452458

You know I follow everyone of your posts when I see it...

I can't access your posts in your profile since you've kept it private...huh. Just make a change in your settings.

I don't know if I can say a type of music...maybe kind of music would make more sense in my case...

I dislike some sad music...mostly perhaps older music? Old country music makes you want to end your life and older songs like The Green Green Grass of Home... is not something I like to listen to even once... Too depressing! Yet I love The White Cliffs of Dover and that song that is played by bagpipes....Amazing Grace? They are sad but uplifting sad...so there is a difference...

I dislike any music that I feel is inauthentic or uninspired. That includes music from all different genres, and pretty much everything I hear on pop radio stations today. puke smilie

I can't think of one.

@Sofia I can't think of one.

Could you listen to The Green Green Grass of Home for more than 2 playings? I visit relatives in Assisted Living Faciltiies and usually some of the Top Ten of the 40s is playing...

@Sukiesnow Could you listen to The Green Green Grass of Home for more than 2 playings? I visit relatives in Assisted...

I don't know what that is. All I can say is I don't dislike a genre of music on it's entirety, because there's always some songs that I'll like.

@Sofia I don't know what that is. All I can say is I don't dislike a genre of music on it's entirety, because there's...

That is an oldie song...circa 40s - 50s... But yes...that is what I was saying in my comment... I like some old songs but not always everything....

I don't care for rap and hip hop ... it just feels like unpleasant noise to me. I like music to be soothing, inspiring, happy, or even funny.

Country music for sure and in the day, disco

@Carla Country music for sure and in the day, disco

(Shudder!) I forgot about disco... Can you think of any music that is more superficial?

I don't like 99.9% of country music. It's the soundtrack of the South and white nationalism.

@Trish I don't like 99.9% of country music. It's the soundtrack of the South and white nationalism.

New country I can take...although I'm not running toward it... It is old country that is full of gloom...

Not a huge fan of rap because the beats just don’t really do it for me

Anonymous