+11

Geeks and Nerds. They used to be mocked...now...not so much... Amirite?

Image for post **Geeks and Nerds.** They used to be mocked...now...not so much... Amirite?
Sukiesnows avatar Language
8 15
The voters have decided that Sukiesnow is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Being a nerd was always cool ans sexy, It just time for some people to see it.

@Carla Being a nerd was always cool ans sexy, It just time for some people to see it.

Do you think?

I had an x who was a nerd/geek... It took me a year to train him so I could take him to meet ppl.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Sukiesnow Do you think? I had an x who was a nerd/geek... It took me a year to train him so I could take him to meet ppl.

Yeah, but the reason he was socially awkward was likely the absence of peers to hang out with. My moms best friend's son was my age, so we got close when we were very little. Ended up at school together by junior high. He turned out brilliant and a true geek. But i loved him like a better brother. He was scrawny when he was young with thick glasses, the whole picture. But he ended up gorgeous and married a smart beautiful girl. Still married with smart grown daughters.

@Carla Yeah, but the reason he was socially awkward was likely the absence of peers to hang out with. My moms best...

You are right about lack of peers...He never had any and really that is something to be suspicious of...

The ones he did get was because of us hanging out... I wish him all the best.

Eventually what happened was: he was Polish and he and his family spoke better English than I did...almost. Still when they got together as a family and I was invited...they all spoke Polish as if I was either not there or as if I understood every word...

Issues like that...can build up...and become deal breakers....

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Sukiesnow You are right about lack of peers...He never had any and really that is something to be suspicious of... The ones...

For sure....that would have happened one time and i would have been out....you likely dodged a bullet

@2452607

Uh-huh...

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are 0Reply

A lot of people were rattled when they noticed that bill Gates was one of the richest men in the world.

@2460601

Not the cheerleaders? DW2

@2461242

You could get into Janet then.

Anonymous