+12

You like art... Amirite? Do you like the kind of art that no one gets?

Image for post You like art... Amirite? //Do you like the kind of art that no one gets?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
10 26
@2452733

Fascinating... How...is that done...hmm...must have 2B quick.

I think that a people create things that are pleasing to their own senses. When others appreciate the creation it becomes art. And people have varying tastes.

@2452622

Like a flower...a tree? People you know?

And to think his brother, Theo, had to buy his works out of pity.

I like lots of different art...

Don't paint three different colored rectangles on a piece of paper and tell me its art.

I don't care if it's hanging in a museum...it's not art to me..

@DandyDon I like lots of different art... Don't paint three different colored rectangles on a piece of paper and tell me its...

You don't like Rothko?

Every movement is precise...something that can take at least over 6 months to do...

And surely you can agree that the colours are vivid...

@Sukiesnow You don't like Rothko? Every movement is precise...something that can take at least over 6 months to do... And...

6 months?....i can do his life collection in about an hour..

The only reason he has any fame from it...is because he knows people in high places, to promote him and convince people, what he's doing is art..

I agree the colors are vivid but...
I've seen cans of paint, accidentally knocked over...that produced more art than that..

@DandyDon 6 months?....i can do his life collection in about an hour.. The only reason he has any fame from it...is because...

Believe me...it's possible that masterpiece took him 2 years...

Lol...

Although I put a couple of canvasses in my Bathtub...threw some acrylic paint on them...that produced a pretty dramatic result...

The cleanup was worse...ha.

I like beautiful art not something that looks like a kid painted it or threw a bucket of paint on a canvas.

I'm very much a realist, so this impressionist stuff I just don't get. But, then when I was in Italy, I wasn't impressed with all the 'masters' stuff either. I got much more enjoyment from the architecture and even the flower 'garden' boxes on the windows.

But, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

@beachbum I'm very much a realist, so this impressionist stuff I just don't get. But, then when I was in Italy, I wasn't...

Europe is full of beauty...everywhere you go...even boring buildings are art...they don't even see it anymore...

When you come back from a trip to Europe...this country seems really bland...

@Sukiesnow Europe is full of beauty...everywhere you go...even boring buildings are art...they don't even see it...

Not long at all after I got back from my first trip to Israel, I had to go to San Diego, and stayed at a famous historic hotel there. I wanted to go walk so I asked the concierge where I could go and was told about their 'historic' gas lamp area. He was so proud to be telling me about it being a couple of hundred years old. I didn't tell him I'd just been seeing places that were 2,000 years old and older.

@beachbum Not long at all after I got back from my first trip to Israel, I had to go to San Diego, and stayed at a famous...

Ha... I know that feeling... It describes one word...I don't know what it is but it either has the word "Reality" in it...or the word "true"...or both... I'll keep thinking back on it...

It's a word that sums up the weird feeling you get when being back...and everything feel strange... Could be more than one word... Different words even...

@2452947

There's so much there...it's hard to get just one thing...

Even the very best art leaves me wondering why anybody would bother with it.

I make wilderness looking table top fountains,wood art and some ceramic art...not to be able to make a desent weekly pay check but..its fun

Anonymous