Is There A Well-Grounded Argument Out There Against Dog Owners Not Being Allowed To Bring Their Dogs Into A Place Of Business Or Eatery Provided The Dog Is Not Aggressive And Has No Bladder/Bowel Issues?

Image for post Is There A Well-Grounded Argument Out There Against Dog Owners Not Being Allowed To Bring Their Dogs Into A Place Of Business Or Eatery Provided The Dog Is Not Aggressive And Has No Bladder/Bowel Issues?
Sir_Whatzs avatar Animals & Nature
6 23

I think so. I was in an out door cafe just yesterday where dogs aren't allowed and someone brought their dog in and let it go and told it to sit. It immediately walked to a nearby table and stared eating the food that another patron had on their plate in front of them. Another time I saw a dog in an out door cafe walk up and pee on a guys brief case as he was waiting at the counter to pay his bill. I think dog owners may have good intentions but dogs can be unpredictable.

@OzSurfer I think so. I was in an out door cafe just yesterday where dogs aren't allowed and someone brought their dog in and...

Ever notice how so many dog owners never hear their dogs outside barking and barking and barking and barking? Drives me crazy.

@beachbum Ever notice how so many dog owners never hear their dogs outside barking and barking and barking and barking?...

Yes! Many are like that. I told my neighbours once that their dogs barked as soon as they went out and continued until they arrived home, but they insisted that their dogs only barked just as they were arriving home. Some have a different reality.

Oz Wow those people must have been angry, I would have had my eye on any dog in a food situation. I know dogs, they want food more than any training can prevent. you think they have good intentions? I don't think they do since the dog is only an animal and people can't get kids to behave so a dog won't

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Oz Wow those people must have been angry, I would have had my eye on any dog in a food situation. I know dogs...

You are right about that, if people can't train their kids to behave in a restaurant, how can they expect dogs to when the dog is hungry or restless? The guy yesterday was about to get angry, I could see it, but the waitress saw it and immediately offered to replace his meal and drinks. The dog owner didn't even apologise.

@2452865

Well said. Also, the definition of what a well behaved and gentle dog is, is often open to disagreement.

I dont want my dogs around strange people. Who knows what they might pick up?

@Carla I dont want my dogs around strange people. Who knows what they might pick up?

Carla: Yes I love my doggie so don't take her places that will make her uncomfortable. A restaurant where she couldn't eat wold be very uncomfortable to her.

That is great that you are aware of how annoying a barking dog can be. For over a year my sister and I had neighbors who had a huge dog in the back yard who was left on his own from about 8 AM to sometimes 10 PM outside who barked at all the squirrels in the pecan trees all around. Needless to say, it was a lot of barking. He finally got to where when I'd talk with him, pet him a bit, he'd settle down, but it so so tiring to hear him.

There are a few places that allow dogs - especially along the beach. That being said, I won't eat where dogs are allowed. Most dog owners think their dogs are well behaved, don't bark, etc, but in reality, they haven't a clue how much their dogs bark since they tune the dogs out.

@beachbum There are a few places that allow dogs - especially along the beach. That being said, I won't eat where dogs are...

Ah that is correct. I always tell my neighbors if they hear anything let me know. They wouldn't complain but it wouldn't be at all fair to them.

Allergies and phobias being the two main things I can think of

Anonymous